Good News Everyone...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KHALONofOGUN, Jul 15, 2015.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Haven't seen anyone talk about this in Gotham here (between the GU50 disappointment* and general QQs it might have slipped people's attention) so here it is. Who here is as excited as I am about one of the new Vanity Items being introduced in the game and Market Place: DC Bombshells Posters!!!! :D
    [IMG]

Spytle and company mentioned that some of them would be available to hunt for in the upcoming new Episodes, and others would be in the Marketplace. I think this is a fantastic addition and plan to let the DEvs know that yes, we want more cool vanity items in the Marketplace by voting with my wallet. It's the start of a beautiful thing here.
    [IMG]
    (How cool would it be to get an Inspired by Costume like this and others as well???)
    • Like x 19
  2. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Looks awesome! Something completely new and different. Color me psyched.
    • Like x 4
  3. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

I can't wait, my base aptly named The Lounge needs those posters.
    • Like x 1
  4. Nodens Dedicated Player

Who is this "we" you speak of? Wouldn't it be more truthful if you had said, "some of us"? Sorry, but I really don't like it when somebody thinks they can speak for everyone, and I personally think that bombshell stuff is as big a waste of resources as that cowboy style they put in the marketplace.
    • Like x 2
  5. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

There's always a turd in the punchbowl.....
    • Like x 7
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

These will look awesome in my bar/pool hall
    • Like x 2
  7. Vampirebit Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This "we" I speak of represents all of the threads by various forum members requesting more vanity items in the marketplace (do a quick search of vanity items, you'll see for yourself). "We", "Some of us"....same difference here. Whether you like it or not, I fell pretty comfortable saying "we" in this one particular instance (I don't make it a habit for everything)

I don't see how you can equate the two things when there's pretty decent evidence that Bombshells is pretty popular, so much so that they're getting a comic series and asked DCUO to do something with the property. I can easily understand it not being your cup of tea, but i'm pretty sure there are plenty of people that would disagree with your opinion in this regard. This game needs more vanity items, and a de-emphasis on replay badge & gamble boxes Booster Bundle dependency.

They are finally trying to add to the marketplace, why not applaud that effort even if you personally might not like the items in question? What would you rather they add that is easy enough to add (resource wise) that would really appeal to a wide audience (and why not state that in your post instead of poo-pooing on this)???
    • Like x 7
  9. kravonik New Player

I like the look. If I resub I'll have to get those for my 3rd world tech lair
    • Like x 1
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Pretty much the idea I had.:)
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

LOL...that's what inspired my thread title. :D
    • Like x 1
  12. mightybugthe1st New Player

They look nice, but I'd certainly never pay for this kind of thing in the MP. Styles... heck yes. Posters... **** no. Not what I had in mind when it comes to vanity items in the game. Since my bases are just lonely places to hang out, I've mostly stopped adding new deco's to them other than jamming them full of crap to gain the stupid prestige needed to keep league halls going, and league halls remain empty of members on account of not having full amenities, so to me... these are pretty much pointless and a waste of valuable time that could have been spent on something more interesting or useful. I know a fraction of the players will like them and that's cool, but in my opinion, it's just another waste of time for a seemingly too small dev team.

Kudos to the artists who rendered them though, they did a fantastic job on creating that pin-up era look.
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Hmm....that sounds like a good combo. 3rd World tech items have that retro mad scientist feel to them that would go well together with old school posters.
    • Like x 1
  14. kravonik New Player

That's what I was thinking. Like the old pinup sin the auto shop back in my days.
    • Like x 1
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Like what exactly? Saying "it's a waste of time/resources" is in itself a waste of time if you don't offer actionable alternatives with wide appeal. After all, "interesting" is a very subjective thing. There have been lots of threads by various forum members asking...no..begging the Devs to offer more vanity items in the marketplace as well as iconic vanity items. These posters cover both very well and it's not as resource intensive as some of the more esoteric ideas some have floated. The artwork has already been handled (thanks to DC), which means a quick turnaround for adding them in the game.

I challenge the naysayers to offer up other ideas that can be quickly and cheaply implemented to be added to the marketplace. Otherwise all you're saying is that the Devs have been right all along (that the majority don't care about vanity items), and they should just leave the marketplace to rot...and I for one won't subscribe to that kind of negativity.
    • Like x 7
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Hey! Thanks so much for making sure that each and every thread, even the positive ones, have rotten, ultra-negative attitudes represented. There hasn't been enough of that. You're really doing god's work with this post. Kudos.
    • Like x 2
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Too bad we don't have an old corvette to prop next to the old school gas pump (actual base item)...make a garage in the basement of the cave lair.;) Or maybe if they put in one of those old planes from the 8-man Operation we can go for the old hangar look. :D
    • Like x 2
  18. kravonik New Player

I would be all over that. Never leave my lair and just RP a grease monkey lol
    • Like x 1
  19. mightybugthe1st New Player

Well, I guess when I hear the term vanity items, I think of things to make one's personal appearance more pleasing, like clothing styles, not base items. There have been far more threads asking for new styles than there have been for posters or other base items. To your point of subjectivity, that's absolutely true, which is why I said "so to me... these are pretty much pointless and a waste of valuable time that could have been spent on something more interesting or useful.", and "I know a fraction of the players will like them and that's cool, but in my opinion, it's just another waste of time for a seemingly too small dev team." :)

I don't bother reading comics anymore, so I honestly wasn't aware that the artworks are being pulled and implemented from an already existing source, (I had to Google DC Bombshells to find out a bit of information because I assumed this DC Bombshell thing was just a new addition to the game). That being said, I can appreciate your point that this was an easy and quick addition of items to the game, and that at least changes my opinion about the time spent on these items. I still think however, that vanity items in the MP need to be more useful and interesting things that we'd use and see in game on a more regular basis, considering how little time most players seem to spend in their bases and how even less time is spent by friends visiting them. I know some people still like bases (I myself enjoyed my time spent decorating mine), I just think those people are vastly outnumbered by people who want more styles, and who they themselves would prefer new styles over base items.

I don't consider myself a naysayer where the MP is concerned. I've always been a strong advocate and supporter of MP items and have spent my fair share of money on styles from there. I've never said MP items should be done quickly or cheaply. Quite the opposite actually. I have years of experience in the animation industry, so I fully understand and appreciate how much time and effort goes into designing characters, props, backgrounds, outfits, etc., which is why my initial concern over these items was that it was time being wasted on something that very few people will enjoy or pay for, compared to items that will appeal to a wider variety of players. If they're going to spend the kind of time it takes to create vanity items, they'd darn well better be creating something that appeals to a large audience and make them money. In my opinion, base items aren't going to do that... especially when there is already a plethora of untapped base items we don't have access to in the game that are already designed and seen throughout the levels.
    • Like x 2
  20. Jak-Man Committed Player

Looking forward to playing as sexy Harley Quinn.
    • Like x 1