Good DPS power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by J MaaaR, Feb 27, 2017.

1. J MaaaR Level 30

Hey everyone I have been off dcuo for about 6 months and I'm coming back on, I was just looking for some guidance on what powers are good at the moment for dps in PVP and PVE
  2. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

For pve munitions and sorcery are way up there with ice trailing behind it in third (in my opinion at least). For PvP fire tanks and celestial are two of the top powers.
    With stat revamp 1.4 however, nature seems to be topping the charts both in large and small group content and against the sparring targets as well (when finding that perfect loudout, not to be compared to running things such as OLY or UT).
    I myself am planning to switch to munitions soon but before I do, I'm going to see how fire and munitions turn out during the revamp. (Hopefully those are the next two powers coming out in stats revamp 1.5 so I can compare them to nature. Hopefully munitions is better because I'm really looking forward to switching seeing as munitions was so much fun on the March event testing. But only the mercy and the grace of the devs can save me now.). Anyway, hoped this helped!
  3. J MaaaR Level 30

Thanks man appreciate the info
  4. Thomas Wayne jr Active Player

You can never go wrong with gadgets.
  5. gemii Dedicated Player

PVE- Ice, Mental, Munitions, Earth, Gadgets

PVP- Hardlight, Atomic, Celest, Fire tank, Sorcery Heal
    • Like x 1
  6. LanternEX Level 30

PvE - Ice

PvP - Fire or celestial
  7. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

8. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Can't tell if that was a joke or you are actually serious. Only if you want to be a healer my friend, and lets just leave it at that.
    The only reason I stated nature as a top power was because of its current state on test (I'll give the op a hint: on live nature and electric are the bottom two dps powers, on test nature seems to be the top dps power and electric seems to be the best healer so far).
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sigh, it is all test. They haven't even started weapon testing. I would hold off trying to see which power will be the best until they are finished. Of course the dot powers are strong right now. Heck, I don't even think they have done anything with home turf mods and what effect they will have.

I wouldn't worry about this coming out anytime soon. We are far from seeing this go live.
    • Like x 1
  10. MenoDC New Player

I agree I also made a guide for Gadgets incase any1 would like to learn how to use it.

11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

funny part is ppl in-game always debate its coming December =))
  12. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Completely joking, it seems once a week someone comes on the forums to ask this question. Instead of asking, what power would the player like to play. My main is Celestial, played since it launched. Love the battle healing of it, bored with its DPS choice.
  13. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Well let's look into some things. They mentioned after AF3, no new content would come out until StatsMatter is done and live. They just recently made the announcement that June new content is coming out. My guess, May is stats matter to production.
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No way. They are no where near done. I'm one of those thinking it will be a Christmas miracle. ;) but who knows. They also said it won't be released until it's right. They say a lot of things. Holding true to it is something they don't do often.
  15. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

They have 3 powers left (Fire, Celestial, Munitions) and weapons. They are averaging 3 new powers a month, which leaves April and May to get that done..It can happen. :p
  16. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

You forgot quantum and earth.
  17. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Sure, call me out for not knowing every power.. see if I care..

:oops:
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

But they also said that the Revamp (i refuse to call it Stats Matter Update) may drop before or after the new content was released. That it will be live wheen its ready.
  19. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Not a call out. The discussion was whether they are close to done or not. It's another round of powers.
    • Like x 1
  20. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I want them to wait to get it 100% right as the game depends on it. But, at the same time.. They can't sustain on replay badges with the current content. I must have missed the after new content comment. Last I heard was Stats matter was the next thing. Can you link me to where they mentioned it might come after?