Good & Bad Traits Of The Tank Power's

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Oceanly, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

2. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Lol that's pretty much exactly what I use it for. It's really handy for summoning my Suppressor Turret on my gadget characters ;)
  3. freddy New Player

There are many good and bad traits when it comes to all powers. The question your asking is very broad and general and hard to answer. If you want to know which power can get through elite content the easiest fine or if you want to know which power is easiest to use great. I have been every tank power in the game I like earth,fire, and Ice. earth is very good at mitigating damage but can be difficult to get the hang of if your using the absorbtion loadout. Fire Is by far my favorite since they the revamp I really think they did a good job and with the right artifacts and loadout you can get through any content in the game. Fire heals back damage taken so you need to invest in healing and spec your sp like a healer. The only downfall is you have less defense than any other tank power so you will take more damage but you make up for that by healing it back. Ice is great at blocking damage by using shields and high defense but one problem with ice is the current elite bosses hit so hard you cant keep up the shields long enough to block the damage. In my opinion the powers who have the easiest time getting through elite content are Atomic and Fire. Atomic is way overpowered atm in my opinion no tank power should be doing more damage than dps's if any power need a nerf its this power. It is very good tank power but it's also very repetitive and gets boring very quickly. You can get through any content very easily though with a good Atomic setup though.
  4. L T Devoted Player

The last update changed Immolation to a partial shield with much higher total mitigation. It's really, really good now.
  5. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

I might have to experiment with it, but I'm still not sure if it would work on my tank. Could be useful for one of my hybrid builds, but I've never really felt that fire tanking was designed for shielding, it's more about taking damage directly and healing it off, so my tank is all about that (and she's very good at it lol)
    • Like x 1
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

HLS has the 2nd highest base shield multiplier amongst non-SC shields in the game. I can’t speak for other powers, but with Atomic I can’t imagine tanking elite raids without it. Density will pretty much get punched through in seconds. Even with manacles resetting Density’s cooldown, without HLS there’s too much exposure to damage for too long.

7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I find that the tank ice is easier to handle and more solid than fire or fire his yo-yo life is really scary and probably not even pushed the heal to the overheal, for fire I always heard that it takes a certain number of SPs for it to be effective, unlike the others or it should not take as much, this said the tank fire gameplay is still more fun than ice, after ice is simplicity,

little note : the tanks use more and more the emblematic "batarang" or something like that, sorry I don't have the name in mind :/.
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Think of it less like a shield and more like oh snap button for when you need to reduce incoming damage to support your heals.
    • Like x 1
  9. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Yeah fire tanks do seem to need quite a lot of SP to at their best. One of the downsides of being the best tanks in the game. (queue forum fight lol) ;)

In my experience I've found that I need to spread my SP across 3 stats, Resto, Health and Dom. I've even got a few points in prec and power to give me a little extra in those areas too. I'm sure there are others on here who'll say otherwise (like "you should put it all in to health" or something lol), but spreading out my points has always worked best for me.

I think Ice tanks only really need Dom (and maybe Resto) for their shields, so they don't need quite as many SP, although I've never really tanked with Ice so I'm no expert there lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

That's exactly what Immolation does, reduces damage to make healing easier. It's a great shield.
    • Like x 1
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

it doesn't stop hits from interrupting actions; specifically, revive/mechanic operation class actions. That's why I stopped using it. Not that - as a Tank - I should generally be running pickups (reasons) but insurance policy style, I like a good Shield or at least a stack of 500-ish PDFs for those moments where errythang goes sideways