gold sellers vs rng. which avenue do u go?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lukelucky, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukelucky Devoted Player

I have used gold sellers and HATE the fact a third party gets Columbus nova's money. Thing is the RNG imo is disrespectful to both the game and us the paying customers so NO WAY NO HOW is my money going there. (anymore lol)

I have rufly eleven years of paying sub fees to dcuo between two accounts and own everything I desire from the market place on both. Up until t6 or so I maintained both accounts as a daily player. I very much appreciate Columbus nova buying S.O.E and keeping dcuo a float. IMO. Dcuo team built the best by far game ever so I truely despise the idea of a third party profiting of dcuo.

Its really simple science to me.
    Option A.
    RNG. Regardless of how much u spend you better expect to walk away from the transactions WITHOUT the item u desire

Option B
    Gold sellers. Its saddening to give a third party cash but X amount spent equals item desired and home END UP WITH THE ITEM U DESIRE.

I love dcuo and wanna give them my money instead, but ultimately it's in their hands and they have the power to reclaim both lost revenue and customers.

This is not in any way promoting gold sellers (i would like to change the game so every cent spent on dcuo goes to dcuo.) gold sellers however have become a big thing and maybe if we talk about this elephant dcuo will get I to to help them eradicate the third parties ability to profit of dcuo

Where and why does your money go?
    • Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So many bad ideas in one post, this should be good....
    *watches thread*
    • Like x 15
  3. Harlequin Devoted Player

I'll drink to that.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  4. Twilight-Man Well-Known Player

Here, right about here is where you lost my interest.
    • Like x 14
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Oh boy you've admitted to breaching the End User Licence Agreement and Terms of Service and you're asking others to do the same.

[IMG]
    • Like x 15
  6. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

lol another attempt at trying to get old BB and TC items in the Marketplace.
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You can't do anything about gold sellers. Think about it... Theres no super regulation on who exactly is playing, logging on and what exactly they're doing.

Even regular players can sell their own money. A regular player that just happened to have an extra 300mil on hand can sell that and "become" a new gold seller.

We have the freedom to use our money how we want. Are you going to stop people from sending money to alts? Stop people from sending large amounts?

How would you actually be able to discern from a little boy in a warehouse in china and a college kid sending money to his alts because he wants to buy something for his alt?

Gold sellers are on every game. Its just a product of our freedom go on any game and farm virtual items and money.

We had wars against gil sellers in FF11 cause these chinese bots or whatever would steal our kills, monsters etc.... But we're both after the items to do what we want with it.
  8. lukelucky Devoted Player

Absolutely not asking others to do so. Attempting to take a subject many are scared to talk about and have a conversation to see how bad this is.

We always here "makes a ton of money" but no one ever considers what's lost. The sad reality is we have lost players due to RNG and money Columbus nova should be getting is being spent elsewhere. I'd like dcuo to get that cash NOT third parties. Notice I leave the sites names out as not to further promote them.

Dcuo needs to make money or it could be nothing more then a memory. I am willing to admitt past offenses to address a big problem in hopes somethings learned and dcuo retakes some money they are currently losing.

We can pretend it don't happen or stay silent but just in my very small circle I know dcuo lost thousands. That's in less then a year. IMO that's alarming and money I'd hope Dcuo figures out how to get back. Things don't get fixed if they are never addressed.
  9. lukelucky Devoted Player

Feel free to enter the rescission. Trolling violates the terms and yet here are multiple examples.

U don't wanna speak on topic let me outta your posts in the future cause a few of u constantly make off topic comments everywhere

(i know I am guilty at times also so I am not attacking) just want Dcuo to get as much of the cash As possible. I played Dcuo for years and had no clue what a gold seller was.

I'd like to never see them in chat again honestly
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Because one thread full of logic fails wasn't enough, here we have Bad Idea thread 2.0...now with more concentrated bad than before.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 11
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They aren't trolling, merely pointing out that you've already stated these bad ideas elsewhere, doubling down on said bad idea is bound to go nowhere. It's not like you're presenting something new here, it's more of the same bad idea. So why take this "non-discussion" serious when it's already a bad joke in and of itself???
    • Like x 3
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

Its off topic comments.

U yourself is talking alot but it's what u do as a customer yet you never touch the subject of the thread.

Bud u can say it's a had idea at every turn does not make it so. This threads not an idea it's simply which option does the community take. Some people do use gold sellers. Some people play RNG. if u spend your money on RNG items How do u go about it.

That's happening it's not an idea it's what goes on every day
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if gold sellers posed a problem to the games income you can bet they wouldn't be there.

the course you take depends on your willingness to deal with the fallout of if and when you get caught doing something wrong.

in this case using a gold seller to help you get some of the rarer collections to score materials and auras could lead to a ban. kind of a cruel irony to finally get the toy you want to play with only to have it taken away from you.

of course given the fact that apparently a whole bunch of players just got away with stealing thousands of dollars worth of marketplace items you might want to consider a future in selling gold...
    • Like x 2
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm going to dedicate my next "what are you listening to?" post as this made me want to put on some old janes addiction and get caught stealing.
    • Like x 1
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm going to be honest. I reported this whole thread. I hope you get a temporary ban for advocating breaking the TOS like this. Maybe it's just the Coca-Cola talking, though.
    • Like x 1
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Wow. Let me know what 2022 is like when you get the chance.
    • Like x 3
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Is there a "neither" or "I stopped caring" option?
    • Like x 4
  18. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I laughed at your post, but I think he meant that he paid for two accounts for roughly 5.5 years, equaling 11 years worth of subscribing overall.
    • Like x 2
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

If you really wanted DCUO to get the money. Why did you use gold sellers?
    It was your choice to buy cash from gold sellars. No one made you do it.

Take for example. When I go to the store. I buy made locally & made in America when there is a choice. When I go to a store with self checkout. I get in line that has a checker so that someone can check me out. Why? It helps employ people here in the US. Even if it costs a little more I do these things.

Just as you say about wanting Daybreak to do well.
    I want the people locally & in the US to do well. The only difference is that I stick to my principles even if it costs a bit more. I don't sell out because something is easier or cheaper. If you really wanted Daybreak to do well. You would not have used the gold sellers in the first place.
    • Like x 2
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, I got that. Like I said, I think I may have drunk too much Coca-Cola tonight. Too much sugar does funny things to my sense of humor. Hey, "funny." Unintentional pun. I'm on fire.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.