Gold/Orange/OP and elite gear discussion

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Earth Sisters, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Looks like my some of our previous suggestions regarding OP changes were taken to heart from here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/gu73-items-of-omnipotence-op.288579/page-2

and here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...o-stats-matter-give-me-my-stats.289149/page-2

I have a vast collection of OP gear across my alts, and can confirm the following changes:

80 OP helm (now 90), 93 OP ring (now 103), 102 OP face (now 112), 133 OP hands (now 143), 140 OP waist (now 150), 156 OP ring (now 166), 174 OP ring (now 180), 174 OP neck (now 180)

Sadly, the following have not been updated yet as of this post:

78 rings and necks from vault, 174 OP face, 170 OP ring, 172 OP utility belt

And finally, the following I did not have, so cannot confirm (others, please post below with your results):

Sub-78 rings and necks from vault, 97 OP neck, 136 OP utility belt, 150 OP chest, 153 OP hands

I can confirm, with some disappointment, that the CR now represents the stats, at least with the now-90 OP helm, as I had a 90 green dps helm to compare with, and the might,precision, and power stats were exactly equal. The stats still cover all roles, so for a dps you still get the benefit of some extra defence and health, but not much.

When I said raise the stats by 10 CR, I had in mind leaving them at the same CR, and increasing the stats alone. This was for two reasons:
    (1)I rather enjoyed the idea of people initially looking down on the CR, and then being inspected and giving them a surprise.

and even more, importantly,...
    (2)To make PftT even easier. Since power use is determined by CR, keeping your CR lower by with better stats means OP items would have meant more efficient power use.

Since OP items are omni-role, and all roles benefit from the power stat, I would suggest a little extra in the power stat, to make up for what should have been sans-CR-raise.

The MOST pressing issue for OP, I sure most would agree, is with the Starro gear. I understand the logic of not boosting them as high as the DLC OP items, as they were much easier to acquire. If the CR-boost OP changes are here to stay (which is likely... I doubt anyone wants their CR going back down now), I would suggest making all the Starro OP gear max 175, equalizing them to the current vendor. It's not as much as many would hope, but I'm sure most of us would be okay with the pattern for the long run: knowing that the OP items from special events will be at least equal to the gear in the next DLC.

Mid/long term, three items on the wishlist:

(1)Make OP items account bound

(2)Assuming #1, have old OP items, as long as you own the DLC, have a small chance of dropping in the vault like the existing max-78 rings and necks

(3) It would be nice for the "elite" tag to be applied to all OP items, including rings/necks/faces/utility belts, such that a full 8x elite affinity set isn't broken with each new DLC. Along with that, either remove the "elite" tag from the 101 and 110 gear that currently is not counting towards the affinity bonuses, or leave the tag and have them count towards the affinity bonuses.

Agree? Disagree? Chime in below.
    • Like x 4
  2. silikyan Well-Known Player

Starro event op pieces need to be adjusted:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    • Like x 2
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

They can not be adjusted anymore because they were scalable gear.
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

There is no such thing as Elite Rings, Elite Face, Elite Utility Belt. So NOT having those tags makes sense.
  5. Aerith Rose Committed Player

There must be a way, just take a little more work.
    • Like x 1
  6. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Indeed, not all "gold" gear is "OP". The vault gear was never considered "OP".
  7. JasonIsley Devoted Player

8. stärnbock Devoted Player

last point is invalid: face, neck, rings, trinket and belt were never included for elite affinity bonus. if they would, there would be no incentive to get the elite pieces, exept for the style feat (wich gives zero points) and maybe a boring title (if "sky soldier" is a fitting title you eagerly anticipated for your character to display... good for you... i guess...)
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Why do you say they were much easier to acquire? The plans, at least for the Starro Mask, required 205 currency to purchase. Then you needed 1 gold crafting piece (that many people never saw drop ever), 5 very rare crafting pieces and 25 blues of a specific type. 150 simple materials, 50 complex mats, and 60 exobytes. That's easy? Don't forget that they weren't just gold, purples and blues, they had to be an exact type of gold, purples and blues in those quantities.
    • Like x 3
  10. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

I disagree. Please read the OP (about OP) again. There are not 8 ring/neck/etc pieces to make a full elite set. THAT is the point. You will still ultimately want to replace all your old elite gear, but when the next DLC comes out you don't have to worry about one or two replacements of your set ruining the full set bonus you probably just finished just before the new DLC dropped, barely even giving you time to enjoy the full set bonus. It would ease the transition, without robbing the incentive of ultimately replacing that gear with the newest elite/OP. It would also give some extra value to OP gear that was lost when the stats were brought down.

Also, remember the context here: if things are going to change, this is the time.
    • Like x 3
  11. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

They were most definitely easier to acquire and by a wide margin tbh.

Myself and most of my league had the ring and pouch within the first two days.

The face was a bit more difficult but the face is still the best face piece in the game if you're modded correctly.

Also the pouch is most definitely best stats wise and just throw the 175 trinket in and no CR penalty.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Unless the September content release doesn't up your CR, that's all about to end in about 2 weeks.
  13. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

I agree, I would not classify as EASY... just considerably easier than the current DLC's OP. Granted, it's not a fair comparison. The Starro ones were lower value slots (face, ring, utility belt) vs the current DLCs main-8-slots (head,back,waist). Also, further making the comparison unfair: I went into the event with TONS of exobytes (and a fair number of simples and complexes), so that wasn't an issue for me. But, IIRC, there were two double-point weekends for the Starro event. I could also farm the dailies and the event raid fairly quickly across my alts. By the end of the event, I had 2 of my mains with all three pieces, and a few others with at least 1. I remember getting the 200 Spore-marks very quickly on each character.

The new DLC, on the other hand, I'm having a heck of a time getting the "materials" together. After waiting for a few days for the prices to settle after the TC came out, I spent tens of millions to buy a full mid-nite set to get the Chrono Active feat. I then bought that feat across my end-game alts (granted, I'm not playing as much now, but still a lot), as well as buying them the cheap mid-nite waist and hands to improve their odds at getting an OP collection drop. Despite all this time farming (only reset a raid once), my main OP character only "wasted" Warbonds on 3 non-OP-related items (elite hands for my tank role, and a 175 weapon for each). All other Warbonds were being saved for OP collection-finishers. So far, I only have the OP waist. On ONE character. I still need 2 more collection pieces for the back (going for over 10 mil each on the broker), plus the collection-finisher from the vendor, which I ALMOST have enough Warbonds for. I don't have the 20+ mil to get the pieces I need because I keep getting the more-common OP collection drops, worth less than a mil a piece... and it's not like they drop often. I would say, average across all my end-game characters, 1 drop per week for each character with the weekly run of both raids.

The OP head? Oh... that's a WAYS away...

I don't know how a non-member is ever expected to keep up with the style feats from TC or ever get a full OP collection.
    • Like x 1
  14. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Make that 4. I forgot I also got the 175 legs for my DPS.

Also, the pieces I need are going for close to 20 mil a pop now.
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

understood. well, as long as they don't add affinity bonus for wearing 10 and 12 items, then i would agree... i guess ^^
    • Like x 2
  16. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Agreed. If they did that, I would have a rage-aneurysm.
    • Like x 2
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

yeah, totally... i mean... i... dont even know what aneurism means... but i would go rampage mode and then rage crash...
    • Like x 2
  18. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Question for fellow OP collectors: What is the minimum that you would find satisfactory, and then what you find realistic, but pleasing?

Especially for older OP gear we've collected over the years.

For me, of course, I've already listed everything I HOPE for... except I would hope for even MORE stats (akin to before).

As bare minimum for further changes... I would say the account-bound tag is the most pressing. With all these T7 OP items still useless for endgame characters, I would at least like to use them on lower alts.
    • Like x 2
  19. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Just for completeness sake, I found some 46 and 56 vault gold items on an alt account - so no change there either. The only other level they came in other than 46,56, and 78, was 70... and I think it's safe to assume nothing happened to the 70s either.

The vault necks and rings came in 5 main different orientations:
    -heal
    -troll
    -tank
    -prec dps
    -might dps

The necks provide built-in white mods bonuses specific to the orientation. Both neck and ring stats leaned in favor of the specific orientation, and tended be a tiny bit better than their CR-equivalents on the vendor... but that no longer seems to be the case, at least going by the 78 gold tank neck I see. It has the same stats as the 78 dps neck, but with a tank bonus (chance at increasing health when hit, greater when in tank role). I did notice this mix'n'match behavior before, so if I ever re-sub, I have an alt with every gold 78 in the game I can go into more detail with.
  20. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I'm confused on your stance with vault gear. Why are you trying to have its stats raised?