Going dps since i am playing solo.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ShadowIceNova, Aug 9, 2022.

1. ShadowIceNova New Player

Not sure on whiich power to use for dps and only have access to the basic powers and the powers i bought which are water and quantum but my water charcter is going to be a healer and so this where it make a hard decision on what power to use as dps.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What type of DPS playstyle do you want to do? Powers only, weapons + powers, pets?
  3. ShadowIceNova New Player

Not sure which of those to use since i haven't played that long before i quit the game i was still learning the game back then so i am basically in the same boat so which one is the best way to go with.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Weapon DPS works well with all powersets but in my opinion is kind of stale. There are many weapon mastery combos but only two of those WM combos are preferred.

Pet DPS works well with any powerset but arguably this playstyle is best with Sorcery and Earth.

Superpower DPS will vary by powerset. Some powersets are superior when it comes to fighting mobs of enemies, other powersets are superior to single target enemies or bosses. Some powersets excel at melee where others are better suited for range. A few can excel with any scenario on their own but you can make any powerset do anything with the right setup.

So all in all it really boils down to which powerset(s) appeals to you the most, research the various ways it can be played and then make your decision from there.
    • Like x 1
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

As Lorax said, maybe research a little, what powers do what.

Some powers can self heal (a little, as dps), some can absorb some damage, all can shield, some stun better than others: and you are still able to do good damage.

It basically becomes, what power do you like the look of, and what feels comfortable to play with.
  6. ShadowIceNova New Player

i got some ideas of some of the powers from my days of playing on playstation 3 4 yrs ago I know ice shields itself fire heals as dps gadgets i think stuns and DOT dmgs but it wasn't for me. I know sorcery has pets and earth but don't have it yet and mental stuns and as does quantum so from those days i did like quantum earth and fire the most but mental is in consideration just a hard choice on the 3 i have access to,
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I have seen some mental dps' do some insane damage. Getting that particular loadout might be tough, but if you are willing to test out the powers, you might find it.
  8. ShadowIceNova New Player

mental is just a consideration i more leaning towards quantum or fire for dps just ain't made up my mind yet on which one to do.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Any power can play multiple way and can play solo just fine. It’s not about what you should be playing but what you like. If you pick a power you don’t like than why play it. You should be asking what you like.

Do you prefer using weapons or your own ability/power?
    If you like powers than what type of power so you like? Combo powers? Channel powers? Powers that can spam abilities (123 style)?
    Is there a theme you like? Tech based? Elemental powers? Mystical powers?
    Is there a color you’d prefer? Maybe you want a power just cause you like the color

If all you care about is survival and playing solo than tanks are always good. Sorcery can also use guardian and gadgets has decoy.
  10. ShadowIceNova New Player

I got powers i like and want to use and i have never been real good with combos always mess em up so i guess i use the powers the most but run out of power then i use my weapon for a bit to recharge it.
    1) I do like the elemental and mystic powers.
    2) Don't care about the colors will use the power that i like
    3) Powers i liked the most fire, quantum, sorcery, water, and mental.
    4) Don't have a lvl 30 toon yet water is like 3 lvls away for healer role.
    5) i am still new to this game even tho i played for a few months on playstation 3 didn't learn all things.
    6) i am a slow learner at things and kind of scared to join the 8 player stuff since i always got kicked from em.
    7) i try to kill enemies as quick as possible if i can as dps
    8) i have a bad habit of not dodging or blocking so tank would never suit me since i tend to just use my powers alot.
    Planning to go with fire anyway since i can heal myself some what with it.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I main Fire and Quantum, they're both fun. If you're looking for a little more survivability I'd recommend Fire.
  12. ShadowIceNova New Player

Already have made a fire character for hero and villain side to get to lvl 30 and one of the moves i liked from fire was the big fire circle but was still figuring what else i liked and found useful. But i won't do tank role on it since last time i used the power and trying to llearn it i always got kicked or the other players left.
  13. ShadowIceNova New Player

Just watched ieddy and obsidian chill videos on dps loadouts for fire dps and the melee one confused me i don't understand the loadouts and they are a year old so not sure what to use somewhat but i have heat vision right now and plan on useing the circle of fire one also.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There are more options here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2232911471

Anything you don't understand just ask.
  15. ShadowIceNova New Player

I appreciate all the help here and this is how i am going to do things with this help but understand it is going to be hard for me but able to do it so here we go
    1) i am going to be playing both sides hero and villain for change of pace
    2) Villain side my powers so far are Mental and Water
    3) Hero Side my powers Fire so far but thinking of making Water on that side also.
    4) Undecided on movement for now right now only using flight.
    5) Any advice on what to use with mental or movement will be welcomed.