"Go get my loot."

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by willflynne, Mar 20, 2019.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So I pop into the Stabilizer duo yesterday, and I happen to load in just before the other player. I step aside and turn on flight to let them know I'm there and ready to go when they finally finish loading in. But when they do finish?

They hit the /read emote and just stand there. So I wait.

And wait.

And wait some more.

After a while I get a message or two in group chat. I get thrown a treat and am told to go get their loot.

:rolleyes:

I respond by saying that it's my day off, so I can wait as long as I need to. :D

So the standoff begins. They kept their character moving enough to avoid being away and disconnected, as did I. Finally at the 83 minute mark they send another message about how that amount of my day off now belongs to them.

My reply? "And yet you still have no loot. lol"

Finally around the 100 minute mark they either log off or get disconnected after being AFK. I run the duo and move along.

What a fun experience. :D
    • Like x 22
  2. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Happens way more now than I can ever remember, especially in the event versions of dlc raids. Always 2-3 people moving room to room and just standing there. I mean, I get it, event versions are boring and tediously long for the sake of it, but why just stand there? It would go faster if they just did anything at all to contribute. This did happen to me yesterday as well in the stabilizer duo. I just did it though. Not worth staying in a group for that long ‘just cause.’ People like him make me sick. Just a real piece of sh...
    • Like x 5
  3. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Wow so shameful and sad that there are Jerks out there .I also feel bad for any new player's who have to meet these toxic Tricks.
    • Like x 2
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

wow 100 minutes while u could get ur loot put him on ignore all within 1 minute and having actual fun during the other 99 minutes:rolleyes:
    • Like x 6
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

And I've heard that I can be petty.....
    • Like x 1
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I've had them use the sleep emote and go afk.

You should have done a few chores while you were waiting. Maybe made a samich or fired up the grill. xD
    You could have filled out a support ticket while you were waiting and let the devs deal with that guy too.
    • Like x 2
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Or... just leave and hope you get someone who actually plays (before a certain Tree Whisperer pops in, this is why avoid group missions as much as possible so as not to inconvenience others, prefer solowing so can play it at own pace)
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Leave instance > requeue > get loot.
    But I got mad respect for your determination and perserverance. :)
    • Like x 6
  9. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Have yet to have anything like this happen to me yet. While it is a jerk move, I probably wouldn’t worry about it if it did, as stabilizer duos can be soloed easily enough. It’s the regular duos and other group content where it’s a problem. Still unbelievable that someone would be so lazy as to queue up for such easy content that’s done in 2 minutes and not do anything.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Whenever something like that happens I just turn on my laptop and play something like Civ5 while waiting, no fun lost. :D
    • Like x 3
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow...I've done 20 min myself, all the time sending messages like "hey, don't worry...I'll keep you safe" or "is you afraid of the big Gorilla?". Sometimes if I see them go 'away' I'll wait the 10 min to see if they disconnect, but in the end all that waiting around will just impact my time in game, so I normally drop some 'lazy' comments, add to ignore and leave...re-queue after a few min.

I've nodded off a few times before the load screen finishes, but normally come to in time to get some kills in, but if they are using emotes or sending messages I'd guess that's not the case....some people are just axe-holes (self edit).

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  12. Gromm865s Active Player

I've done this in one of the low tier duos, after partner who was at tier cr, knowingly screwed up a feat I was working on after i told them what to do at the start. That took 60-70 mins once I got into the boss fight and got them locked out of it. Such a rude little **** too. Stab duos I can't tell you how many ive done solo, I just start blasting as soon as I load in.
  13. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I will do this in the stabilizer duo. I have magazines next to my playing area and I'll just pick one up and read, while moving a little to stay connected. Yesterday I got about 20 minutes of reading done. I don't like it, but I am really petty about people who join a queue and then refuse to play.
    • Like x 1
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Did I forget to mention that I can be rather stubborn and patient? LOL Bad combination for someone who expects me to do things for them, especially when it's something as simple as the Stabilizer duo. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'll freely admit that there was some pettiness on my part, no doubt there. But I'm not there for someone else's convenience, I'm there to participate. And if someone queues up for some group content but refuse to participate, I'll wait them out, especially if I have the time available.
    • Like x 2
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Like I said earlier, I'm both stubborn and patient. LOL
    • Like x 1
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I've done the same thing. The person finally said "OK , I'm sorry" lol
    • Like x 3
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

I mean it's your time, if you want to have a Standoff with a random for 100 minutes over a 1 minute-event be everybody's guest lol.

After he bounced on you he probably went ahead and did the exact same thing toward another guy, so you didn't change Squat except making your day 100 minutes shorter.
    • Like x 1
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

are those adult magazines?
    • Like x 2
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

"Some pettiness" is the understatement of the year lol.

I always wait for people to join me in, but if they're showing me a sign they're not going do, i'll ditch them and find somebody who actually want to participate rather than having an unecessary standoff with a random that outright showed you that he had no intentions of actually participating. :p That's just a straight up 100 minute-waste of time, for what?
    • Like x 1