Glowing purple Eyes...what were you thinking?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mazahs, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Mazahs Loyal Player

Why...why...why...
    So much of this game is about styles. Making your toon look just like what you want and now you make us walk around around (literally make us) with these hideous looking things?

Within 5 mintues of being on 4 different friends and leaguemates were ALL ******** about these.
    I went thru 34 pages of headstyles just to see and better than 50% even with masks that darn glow comes thru.

Glad I bought a material that I can't even use to hide this. Did you even consider it?
    Turn it off, or make it so you don't have to equip the style.
    • Like x 8
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I love the style, but I agree it's pretty lame you actually have to have it equipped (especially considering how rare the collection drop rate seems to be).
    • Like x 5
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Perks of the space marine look, the face style isn’t rendered :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The style ironically fits my toon pretty well so i don't mind wearing it, but I do see where folks are coming from, shouldn't be forced.

I do think it's neat they have the tech to do something like that though
    • Like x 8
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I guess one day... many weeks from now..... once you have all 3 Artifacts..... you will no longer need the eyes.

But untill then....... pretty much everyone in DCUO will have those eyes.

Unless they don't care bout the new Artifacts. ;)
    • Like x 4
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Secret Life Hack: Use a head style that doesn't show the eyes. Otherwise ... yes having the feat should have done it.

Though I have to say it's immersive
    • Like x 4
  7. Kuno Loyal Player

I think it should be color tintable at least.
    We going backwards when it comes to customization, we are having less options and more restrictions instead more customization and possibilities.
    • Like x 2
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I wouldn't hate it if I could use one of the materials that I spent alot of real money to get on it .
    • Like x 1
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yeah I like they finally made it too. My toons have always had iconic looks
    Now I have glowing purple eyed Cpt Adam, Glowing pure eyed Shazam, Glowing purple eyed Simon Baz & Finally glowing purple eyed Atom Smasher (it glows thru the mask)

Yay!!! FML
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

My badass Military Muni-toon will run around with camo attire and guns, with his eyes glowing purple like he is some kind of Sorcerer with guns..... Ok, that's still badass....
    • Like x 4
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

Tried..many it glows right thru
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

*hands up* ME ME ME :D
    • Like x 2
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Why does that idea sound familiar? Oh, wait, I know...

[IMG]

The Punisher: Sorcerer Supreme! ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You don't have to wear the style at all, if you really don't want to. If you want the artifact collections, you will have to wear the style for a few days, until your collections are complete. Then you really don't have to wear the style ever again.

If you want a non-purple glowing eyes, that's available in the capsule as well.
    • Like x 9
  15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

But shouldn't we be able to use materials with the eyes we have been able to use materials with every other style I could understand if it was an eye aura but it's not.
    • Like x 3
  16. Mazahs Loyal Player

Makes total sense.
    Make a game that styles have to be unlocled thru gameplay making your toon stronger...
    All while never having to actually equip said style.

Then introduce a mandatory style that will help make your tonns stronger, but say Meh- you don't really need to wear it, unless you know. You want a chance to make your toon well...stronger?

Me am in Bizzaro world?
    • Like x 14
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I like lamp. ;)
    • Like x 2
  18. nawanda Loyal Player

My main wears a helmet, so I don’t think this will affect me, but saying “hey there’s this special cool reward that you can only get if you equip this style item” and then trying to argue that it is optional, is really uncool IMO.
    • Like x 7
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Like I said earlier, it's cool you guys have the tech to do this, but it shouldn't be mandatory, at least not for something as rewarding as an artifact...
    • Like x 9
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

why doesnt the eye glow work on animal forms ? or minotaur head style etc ... disappointing