GIVE ME MORE POWER!!!!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by The Lone Stranger, Sep 5, 2013.

1. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Did I say that right?

This is an official announcement: I am deleting my main toon - a Quantum troller.
    Why? Because the increased power costs make it impossible for me to get into content for which I am overgeared, but for which the rest of the group is even more overgeared.
    "Your Vit is what?" KICK - and we haven't even queued.
    Also - In 9 months of playing, I've gotten 4 pieces of gear from duos, alerts, and raids. 4. total. I'm sick of the ****-special SOE calls a random chance... It's keeping me from getting feats. It's keeping me from raising my toon's CR except by spending MoT - which you don't get enough of from T2 content to buy T4 gear - but I get kicked from T3 content for not having T5 gear!!!

So....

I'm deleting ALL my toons.
    I am going to make 1 new toon. A dps villain. That way I can be as rude and obnoxious as everybody else in the f-inggame and blame it on role-playing.
    I will be as obnoxious as possible.

I am dropping my subscription.
    I refuse to pay for the development of new content for elitist snobs to run while kicking me out of old content.
    I will have a cash cap. BFD. I can farm exos and trade.
    When I level up, I will buy a DLC. Then, when I have everything I can get from that DLC (I imagine that will take about 6 months to a year with the crappy roles I get), I will buy another DLC. No Replays. No Vault tickets. No worthless crap from the marketplace. So... $20 a year v subscription. I should be able to run all the content I buy this way. By then, the ELITE will only be running T4 and higher raids. Then, another year, another $10 to $20 v subscription. I'm running the same content I am now and probably would be stuck with then anyway, and I've saved $200!!!!!

EVERYONE BELOW CR 95!!!!!
    PAY ATTENTION!!!
    DO THE SAME!!!
    DROP YOUR SUBSCRIPTION!!!
    DON'T PAY FOR THE GAME YOU CAN'T PLAY!!!
    If enough of us do this one of two things will happen:
    1) SOE will implement a system where you can only run your tier and 1 tier lower (stop carrying your leaguemates and spitting on everyone else!). This will open up the lower content for those of us who actually NEED to run it. What? You don't have your Hive Defender set yet? Well, as you have told me --- TOUGH! And, if you don't have enough skill to get the speed feat without being at least 2 tiers overgeared, you don't f-ing deserve it anyway!!!
    2) SOE will decide the game doesn't make money and shut it down. THIS IS A WIN/WIN!!!! I am no longer expected to pay money to support the ELITE, and they will have been successful in keeping me out of the content, which seems to be their #1 priority in life!!! EVERYONE F-ING WINS IF THE GAME DIES!!!

In otherwords -- I no longer care if anyone but me likes or enjoys one damn thing about this game. I'm going to be just like the rest of you from now on.

And, as a dps, I'm practicing already...

GIVE ME MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (see? i've got the biggest part of the role down already!!!)
    • Like x 10
  2. Buckley Loyal Player

Well what can I add to that..... nothing much, but here have a cookie
  3. Gwalir Loyal Player

I disagree with so much on this thread, I find it hard to decide where to start.

1. Sounds like you are just unlucky when it comes to the loot table. Out of the last 3 Instances I've done with my League, all T5 and so subject to the computer automatically giving me stuff, I've gotten three gear pieces and a weapon that had higher DPS than my old one. Being only 85 at the time, I needed those pieces to increase my stats and my Cr up to 88 where it is now.

2. My main is a DPS, and the only time I've ever mentioned power was when PoT was down for more than 5 seconds, or when a Healer was out. In fact, until recently I was a Precision-based Gadget character who used my Defib to power any Controller who started to run low on power. Rather than being a DPS who constantly needed power from Controllers, I liked playing one who mostly relied on his weapon for damage and helped with Power as well occasionally.

3. Out of the last 5 Raids I've pugged, 4 as DPS and one as a Controller, I've never been kicked once.

I get you're speaking from your own personal experience, and I'm not saying you are wrong to feel that way. However, from my own experience in the game, my experience with this game is totally different from yours.
  4. BadJade New Player

Wow dude, i hear what you are saying, but the ranting in red wasnt needed in this thread.. maybe another one. Anyway I agree with most of what you said.

Maybe it’s the change of season into winter for you guys, but there is a fair bit of complaining on the forums lately. I’ve never seen you get so worked up. Player base is responsible for all the problems in the game and the forum at the moment. Don’t let it get to you too much.

Meanwhile whilst its spring/summer here I can only see the positives.

I must point out though, there are only a handful of Villain DPS that are obnoxious and rude, most of them a hero side players which you should know. We don’t have a population. I ran trigons nonstop all last week hero side without a single problem on my celestial healer. I barely see it shouted for villain side even with it going live. Prepare yourself.

That’s not to say there aren’t some really bad terrible dps players doing t5 content, ran into one the other day who I had to wait villain side for the silly sob to buy the dlc. Then proceed to get 1 shotted all the time because he didn’t know the instance. Of course he blames me for his crap game play skills, needless to say he obviously has been carried by pocket healers and I refused to waste power on him after he caused 2 wipes. His tank league mate was probably worse and never held agro but anyway, it doesn’t matter on villain side too much what your vit is. We are happy to have people to actually run stuff that don’t need to have their hand held and some over inflated CR like it is hero side. It’s too easy to replace someone on hero side because they might have a few more vit then someone else. Or a healer gets booted as a 3806 resto healer can replace the 3800 resto healer. It’s lame and sad at the same time.

The problem is really all these traces in time gear and time traveler gear dropping as DPS mainly. So yes they are spamming more and expecting magical reserves of power from trollers who haven’t got a single upgrade. This is a BIG PROBLEM SOE – fix it.
    This community needs to put a stop to the way might dps is played. If someone is constantly power dumping and refusing to use weapons and sodas KICK THEM they will learn. That way to play is OK for leagues but it is NOT OK in pugs where you do not know how everyone else plays

I expect this to fall on deaf ears, as after all that all that seems to populate the forums these days, deaf ears and people that scream their opinions at you nonstop over and over like they are right and their opinion is all that matters.

Also, most people aren’t looking at the elephant in the room, this new DLC SoT gives you gear you can buy with marks that are the same as the OC raid drops. Only cr 87, 88 gear will drop in the raids STILL so there is some incentive to run that content. This gear in SoT is more than enough to run Nexus and Wave, it’s just people clearly don’t have the skill set to run those raids and think they need to over gear it.. Yet still fail.

Chin up. Hit me up villainside if you want to run stuff
    • Like x 3
  5. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

The title of this thread is a joke.
    The rest is mostly serious and seriously ticked.
    And yes, if people feel justified in keeping others out of content I would rather see the game die than pay one more cent to support them. I'm that ticked.
    So ticked that I deleted troller with 450k in game cash before creating my new toon. If I had been thinking I could have mailed it to the new toon for the two remaining months of my subscription.
    Oh f-ing well.

But I really mean the parts in red as helpful advice to anyone who has been playing less than a year.
  6. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Oh and I'm not saying that the people who play villains are rude and obnoxious. Many of the people I consider friends on the forums play villains.
    I'm saying that as long as I remain this ticked off I'll blame my bad attitude on role play.
    • Like x 2
  7. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Just further on what jade has mentioned (and yes, it must be the change in seasons... winter must be terrible for you mob.. lovely spring here ;)), vil side population is low enough that we value someone who is decent. Join us.. we have cookies. You might even troll again :D

Oh, and for funsies.. lately, I've actually been lowering my vit (down from 1984 to 1880ish), with a prec heavy build, to see what that actually does damage wise. Proving to be an interesting experiment :)
    • Like x 1
  8. villian O5 New Player

There are so many better ways to go about this.
    Usually if you are good at what you do then people will add you and vouch for you. Met them earlier they might be in a league that will invite you to run the content with them. (Shortened friends)
    Next some people might feel the same way you do. seeing create a league or even a chat promoting raid runs that don't require that cr level.
    Join a league that runs and helps. Very recommended on the hero side
    This is how players made the content and roles. doing this is just supporting the very thing you hate.
    You have officially lost it. but it is very understandable since you were a hero.
  9. Lights Derp Loyal Player

You're PC aren't you bud?

If your PS3 and a villain I'll invite you to league. We have a bunch of power hog DPS but they don't complain, I've taught them well lol. The DPS in my league praise the controllers and would never do anything to offend.

Problem is when you pug you get the so called "beast" DPS that think they're trigons gift to the game. Don't listen to these guys, I knowbits hard when you pug but you can't let them get to you.

Honestly the best advise I can give is join a league and run with them, all the best controllers I know refuse to pug because of players like who you mentioned. I mean I got kicked from a raid a few months back because I had a 199 tick and apparently the minimum for nexus is a 200 tick, I stopped pugging then and there.
    • Like x 6
  10. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Now all we need is Free to come to the Dark aside...
    • Like x 5
  11. GeoShock New Player

I have to agree with the OP. I'm tired of "need +1600 vit troll for FoS" or "LF CR +95 poeple for Prime". Things went way out of control in this game. I liked this game because it was perfect for a casual player like me, but not anymore.

If you don't play hours daily or buy replay badges to go through content a week after it's released you are out of the game (just for example, when Origin Crisis was released I got my first piece of T5 after 2 weeks, by that time most of the people had full sets). On a server which is not very populated (EUPC Villain) you are left behind with doing challenges and duos.

You may say I'm exaggerating soooo, over a week ago I was doing BiA, everything went very smooth, power bars full, no wipes. Just before the final boss I was asked about my vit (+1500) and got kicked for no reason. Later I foiund out from one person from that group that the only reason was that they found some other troll with fully moded T5 set........... Situations like this happen more and more recently so I did the only reasonable thing I could ...................

...................I unistalled DC and am not comming back until things gets back to normal which is proboly never ............
  12. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

More support than I expected.

Thanks, everyone. It helps some that people understand the frustration.

and, Derp... 1 pt! THAT'S even more insulting!!!!

As for winter... I'm in Texas... we're still at roughly 100 degree weather!
  13. thirty six Loyal Player

Send me mail in game to 36 WayzToCurse. I'll send you the half mill you deleted :0) if you're on ps3
    • Like x 1
  14. Faust74 Loyal Player

About time you ditch those douchey Heroes. Yeah, Villains have their jerks, but you'll see there is a lot less douchbaggery on our side.

Once you go Wicked, you'll become Addicted. [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. thirty six Loyal Player

Just made it to Derp's post. If you are pc, sorry :0/
  16. DrewCheech New Player

I refuse to sub, and I'm happy as a clam.
    I purchased the DLC's I wanted along the way, and I play what I want.
    I can't imagine being as far in the game as you are, and getting kicked out of runs before the runs start.
    Good for you brother, cash cap don't mean ish :)
    • Like x 1
  17. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

PC, which I think may be part of the problem too. A lot of the best posts come from PS3 players. Console gamers in this game seem better informed IMO.

But thanks anyway. I only have my own stupidity to blame for the lost money.
    • Like x 1
  18. thirty six Loyal Player

No problem at all. Hope you find a way to make the game fun again. Ps3's are pretty cheap right now :0)
  19. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

If you are USPC (not sure if EU and US are on the same server) feel free to send me a message. I am currently playing Nyte Hawke, who is a sorcery villain. We can totally run some Duos or Alerts even (Still only tier 1, so no raids yet). And I garantee I will not be shouting for more power. I Figure if I run out, I am on my own. Though I try to stick to weapon attacks.

I am pretty sure I am not the best player you've seen, but I am more then willing to listen to the voice of experience. Don't like a few bad apples spoil this game for you.
    • Like x 2
  20. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Very sorry to hear you're upset, Lone, but extremely glad to hear you're going bad
    • Like x 1