Give Hardlight shield a artifact

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, Nov 5, 2021.

1. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Theirs like 3 shields that do that. Immolation, Reflect, and Amazonian Deflection.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Immolation doesn't damage but sets up a PI. That isn't all the shields that have a damage attribute.
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Honestly, I don't want an Artifact for it, I just want the Devs to bring back the old idea, long ago removed from the game, of a Second Tier of Iconic Powers that became available at Level 22. And in that 2nd Tier, there would now be an Improved Hardlight Shield that would last at least TWICE as long, would have HALF the Cooldown Time, AND while it was up, it would reflect back to your enemies at least HALF of the damage of their attacks against you (an idea borrowed from a shield power available to Republic Commando characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic! :D) Naturally, this would, out of necessity, work against ALL attacks from ALL enemies, even Raid Bosses, ESPECIALLY Raid Bosses!

And yes, it IS as awesome as it sounds! An enemy shoots you, and ends up shooting themselves! What's not to like? ;)
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I have Amazonian Deflection on some characters, I need to play around with it some more.

Obviously Immolation is on the Fire Powerset, but which Powerset has Reflect? :confused:
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

Ice.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ice and Rage have a shield that reflects damage.
    • Like x 1
  7. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Ice has reflect. It functions exactly like Amazonian Deflection in its damage when the shield is hit. Immolation just does a small burning DoT tick when enemies it it. Immolation's function aside from its shielding ofc is more to keep adds burning so you get bigger heals from BackDraft and Absorb Heat.
    • Like x 1
  8. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I'd use such an artifact to upgrade/equalize Hard Light as a controller, while creating some non-tank options for using the power.

Compounding Prism
    Unique Equip

Recommended for: Controller

Focus of the Ringbearer
    Hardlight Shield has its cooldown reduced by, and grants immunity to control effects for (4/7/10/13) seconds.

Blinding ConstructHardlight Shield compels enemies to seek other targets.

While Hardlight Shield is active members of your group receive power equal to 2% of the damage it absorbs.

Upcoming Rank Bonuses:
    (20) +Power Stat, 1% Dominance
    (40) +Vitalization Stat, 2% Dominance
    (60) 1% Power
    (80) 3% Dominance, 1% Vitalization
    (80) Focus of the Ringbearer (1)
    (100) 2% Power
    (120) 4% Dominance, 2% Vitalization
    (120) Focus of the Ringbearer (2) Blinding Construct
    (140) 3% Power
    (160) 5% Dominance, 3% Vitalization
    (160) Focus of the Ringbearer (3)
    (180) 4% Power
    (200) Focus of the Ringbearer (4) Blinding Construct (2)
    • Like x 2
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

good idea! i never thought about a shield compelling enemies to fight others!

also a good idea to add a reflect, sorta like reflect pain for mental?

though Im sticking with keeping the shield 100% defensive because as a tank ( thats not earth anymore) i just dont feel like i do enough damage to where its even worth putting damage moves on my loadout.. anyone have a battle tank for fire? idk if it even has a battle tank capability
    • Like x 1
  10. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

It is the spell itself that should be reviewed and not be assisted by an artifact!!!

there should be a passive for troll and dps
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

them simply adding heal a portion of damage taken would be amazing. but it doesnt seem like we get many changes nowadays that doesnt make people spend money.
  12. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Why does a power that is already really good need an artifact?
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

To create an optional variant of HLS or build up a new meta.
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

This has reminded me that Hardlight Shield used to be so much better than it is now!

Now, all it says it does is block incoming damage. But originally, it increased your outgoing damage (i.e. your Weapon Attacks, not sure about your Powers Attacks) by 40% as well! When they quietly removed that part of it, we all got gypped! :(
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

But it is already a meta power. I think an artifact should go to powers that are useless. If the artifact is going to change the move that much that it plays differently why not just create another iconic power?
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

True but this thread is about Hard Light Shield and we're all just having fun coming up with ideas for it. If you have an idea for a different power you can start a thread for that power.
    • Like x 1