Getting your first Artifact (Video)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jafin, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I ran through the mission to get your first Artifact on test and, to be honest, I really enjoyed it. Constantine has some solid dialogue and this is probably the most intuitive tutorial we've gotten to date. Check out the video below if you're curious.
    • Like x 8
  2. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Great vid it looks fun too I can't wait to try this out.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kzinti Committed Player

JC: I don't want to spoil the surprise... that probably spoiled the surprise.
    LOL
    • Like x 3
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Isn’t Constantine a scouser? What’s with the Mockney accent? xD
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah, he is. It's probably a difficult accent for voice actors from America to try and get right, plus in the Constantine tv show his accent wasn't very heavily scouse, so maybe they were modelling it off that.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I know but it’s annoying xD No offense to the guy that voices him though, there’s probably not much he can do about it. Heck I actually am English and I don’t think I could do a scouse accent.
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well it's the same actor they used for Constantine's lines in the Gotham Wastelands mission NPC, so it could be it wasn't quite as noticeable there considering how long most folks stick around to listen to the mission NPCs. LOL

Still fun to listen to for me, though, but part of that is my geeky nature when it comes to voice actors. Even through the accent I can still hear the similarities between Constantine, The Riddler and Captain Marvel/Shazam but each character is still their own.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Just an update to anyone wondering about the Breakthrough success chances. I went up to Rank 100 earlier and the success chances were as follows:

Rank 20 - 100%
    Rank 40 - 95%
    Rank 60 - 90%
    Rank 80 - 80%
    Rank 100 - 60%

If a Breakthrough fails you lose your Catalysts, but you can slot a Seal in when you're doing the Breakthrough and if it fails the Seal will be consumed instead of the Catalysts. You get one Seal from Constantine when you finish the mission to get your first Artifact but after that we don't yet know how to get more Seals.
    • Like x 3
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What is the cost for an additional artifact?
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

is the 100% like 100% of breaking through or to fail?
  11. Controller Devoted Player

Besides the system itself being fun and new, the TUTORIAL is the BEST.

Looking like a fun time to be had.

I'm a little more optimistic but not ready to throw a party yet.
    • Like x 3
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

100 MoV per Artifact.
    • Like x 2
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

...chance to breakthrough. Why would there be a 100% chance to fail at Rank 20? :p
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Did anyone else google Mageddon by the way? It’s awesome, a biomechanical warship made by the old gods that’s like a hybrid of Starro The Conqueror and the planet Phaaze from Metroid Prime.
    • Like x 1
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

b/c theres 100 ranks?

thats 1/5 of the ranks you need to hit max no?

so it would seem it would be 100% chance to fail being only 1/5 of the way from max rank and trying to get through vs being almost max rank and having a lesser chance? How much sense does that make?
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Thanks!
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

Especially since Matt Ryan is on the DC voice talent books since Justice League Dark.

Is it just me that is beginning to think that no matter what DBG do, DC have failed to invest in the realisation of their property?
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

To me? Zero. I'm honestly just lost at what you're talking about. There are 100 ranks, yeah, but you only do the Breakthrough process for five of them (20, 40, 60, 80 and 100). If there was a 100% chance that it would fail that would make zero sense.
    • Like x 1
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

what Im saying is earlier ranks should have a higher risk of failing then when you get to say 60+
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And discourage people from using it.... brilliant....
    Edit: ^Sarcasm^