Getting to CR 89

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dwild, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Dwild Well-Known Player

Know Im going to sound like a dip for asking this, but how do you get from CR 88 to CR 89? All my armor is 78 except the face (73) and my weapon (bow 70). I do have two staffs, one dps and one healer specced, both purp 71s. Every piece of gear that can be has a Lvl IV mod placed. I have 3 extra bits of Lvl 78 dps gear, all modded on top of my primary Healer gear. What's the tipping point from Cr88 to 89? Not complaining, just not aware of what I need to advance.
  2. Ray New Player

get a T4 PvP weapon
    • Like x 1
  3. Nodens Dedicated Player

Have you gotten the face piece from the Strykers solo instance? I'm not sure what the CR on it is, but it raised my CR from 89 to 90. -and since you get to pick your reward, that face piece is easy to get.

(whoops, made my reply to the wrong post. This was meant as a response to the OP.)
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

I found it easy to get to 89. 90 is the real PITA.
  5. Breakforce Loyal Player

Does it matter?
    • Like x 2
  6. Gafa New Player

Do people honestly think that the color of gear determines on how good it actually is? There are better pieces of gear that are blue and green with close to the same item level that the "purps" have...... I guess I'm in a world of hurt upon inspection since on my main I have 2 blue rings. :rolleyes: I guess blue means that I'm not good enough to fulfil my role duties. :confused:
  7. Nodens Dedicated Player

Relax. Up 'til you brought the topic of color up, the only mention of it at all in this thread were 2 weapons mentioned in the original post.
  8. chaosknight0331 New Player

considering you can put the same exact mod (let's say might/prec IV) on two different pieces of the same tier gear (T4, both red socket) and get 2 different cr boosts (+9 vs +11) the difference between 88 and 89 or 90 is equal to absolutely nothing
  9. neptunesBeard New Player

Which really has no benefit in PVP since the PVE weapons are already 131DPS.
    (aside from the toughness boost)
  10. James Riddle New Player

And The Precision Boost So Your Counters Hit Harder.
  11. Jayeto Prime New Player

the precision boost is from hitting an enemy PLAYER not npc. also t4 pvp weaopns dont affect your cr. only PVE amor and weapons do.
  12. Black Arrowette Well-Known Player

Do you have the mask from the T4 solo content? That's what bumped me up to 89CR on my Hero.
  13. neptunesBeard New Player

The precision boost adds up to 131 DPS damage just like a PVE weapon would already be doing.
  14. Ixnay New Player

Nope, for some reason the T4 PVP weapon is item level 78 and was the reason I hit 89 pre hands of fate, every other pvp item is item level 30.

As for OP which trinket/rings do you have? Not sure you can get 89 without either some norseman (lvl 79 gear) or the pvp weapon, it'd be tight.
  15. Mad9 New Player

Actually it does. The t4 PVP weapon is a Level 78 item unlike the rest of the PVP gear that has not level or CR. Before the introduction of Norseman gear and Home Turf mask and new 76 drops from inner, the only way a player could get to CR 89 was by obtaining a PVP weapon.

Now there are multiple ways to do it. Start getting Norseman gear (level 79) or get a few drops of gear from inner(level 76 face mask, trinket) or get the PVP weapon or higher level gear than what you already possess.
  16. Mad9 New Player

If you PVP frequently, you would never make such a statement.
  17. Dwild Well-Known Player

So basically I have to get past the Steelworks solo with Steel...the actual "solo" solo in order to get a face piece that will lift me up? Sad...still having problems with that fight. Thanks for input tho.
  18. MARK2099 New Player

T4 pvp weapon is lvl 78, 2 lockbox ring lvl 78 with mod is +19 lvl.
  19. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Only as a personal achievement. Nothing more.
  20. ItsRem Well-Known Player

Or get 5 pieces of Norsemen and you don't have to worry about a PvP weapon.

Just throwing that out there.