Getting tired of the speed hackers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kestral, Jun 4, 2024.

1. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

Yeah and I heard speed hacks aren't always super fast, they can have it set very low to almost unnoticeable levels. Which is quite unfortunate when it comes to detecting them. Very sad.
  2. Ryll Committed Player

Oh? You mean like macros from controllers on consoles?
  3. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

Wouldn't know, Xbox doesn't have that as far as I'm aware. They even disallowed certain 3rd party controllers to even function with the system. I heard PS controllers have macro capability, however.

But no... Speed hacks are not the same as macros regardless. Macros do button presses/combos for you, wherest speed hacks are external programs used to literally speed up the game so your attacks are faster than normal.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ryll Committed Player

I haven't had a console since the ps2 was 'new' so I genuinely don't know.

I know that you can get third party software for macros on the ps5.

If players can throttle back their attack speed in third party software to a point where its almost it is to the point of it being undetectable....wouldn't that just make the third party software something providing a macro?

If they can throttle back the attack speed to be undetectable.....and you can get third party programs for ps5 to easily setup macros.....is that not just an example of speed hacking on a console?
  5. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

It's not really throttling back speed, per se, It's more like putting the game in fast forward mode. Think of YouTube, where instead of putting the speed at 2x you put it on 1.25x. Not as noticable, but still faster. They still cheat to speed the game up, but at a low level. A macro won't do that, as it's still the game running at normal speed.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ryll Committed Player

Who would risk a ban for a 25% (or minimal) boost to attack speed? I mean...risking a ban is stupid to begin with...
    • Like x 1
  7. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

That's a great question, that is easily answered. The scoreboard means everything to a LOT of people. In many cases, waayyyy too much. Many of them think since it's so low, they can't be caught, because they will just say "I'm not hacking, I just know how to play my toon. If I was hacking I'd have a lot more damage than that don't you think?".
  8. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Interesting. I've come across speed hackers a few times. I wouldn't say (not being a pvp player) that it's common, but not rare either. Would it be possible for a speed hacker to play almost normally in hallways, then crank it up for bosses? Am thinking about someone who was in an instance with me a couple of weeks ago. I thought they were straight, nothing much out of place, but Etrigan, Deadman and Swamp Thing went down like punctured balloons.
  9. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

Yeah most likely. I've seen on other games it being as easy for them (those running the hack programs) as right clicking the mouse on the application, and choosing a different speed from a drop menu. It won't speed up everyone else's game, just theirs.

From what I gather anyway. I'm no expert (and I also don't game on PC anymore). I could easily be wrong.
    • Like x 1