Getting Stale.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xAcHieVeD, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Zneeak Devoted Player

If they can't/won't make 3 new powersets to cover each role, then releasing one most wanted powerset would be better than never getting another one at all.

Lantern healer powerset is one very popular suggestion, but my vote is for Shadow powers/controller role.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just a couple things I want to unpack from this.

First, If someone has thoroughly exhausted every possible power combination for a loadout (and there are a lot of them, even without factoring in something like weapon use) I can understand some frustration with not having new stuff to work with. But if someone is just chasing a meta or going with the loadout that gives them the best results for their style of play, it kinda falls on them to break that monotony. It's a little tough to complain about being tired of the usual if that person isn't willing to color outside the lines they've drawn for themselves.

As for others playing battle versions of off-damage roles, again I can understand the frustration. But it's their character, their account and their free time. If they want to run as a battle Healer, they are well within their rights to do so, and if they can pull it off well then it can undercut any complaints about someone going that route. You don't have to personally like it, but we as players really aren't in any position to try and dictate to others how they should play their character. At most, all we can do is ask. But that means talking with one another in-game, and that can be a rare thing at times. LOL (not a dig at you, just an observation about what I see in general as far as players talking with each other :) )

I wouldn't mind seeing some new powers, but with 15 already in the game and some of them requiring at least a tweak or two to set them right I'll question the actual need for more at this time.
    • Like x 2
  3. High Troller Loyal Player

Common sense and daybreak decision patterns? They're not required to follow any pattern and abide by what folks call Common Sense.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Correct they are not required to follow any pattern but they have been up until Atomic and Water.
    • Like x 1
  5. inferno Loyal Player

New powers won't solve anything. New powers are only interesting until they get old, which usually ends up at 2 to 3 months. So unless the devs are able to put out "new" powers regularly, that solution won't work.

I agree that the game does become stale after a time and they need to put in something new to invigorate the interest. The keyword is "New" What can they put regularly as "new" and yet not eat too much of their resources? I think the easiest answer is Rewards. They have been adding new rewards and feats during an episodes lifetime and you can see the influx of players every time they do. It doesn't last very long because because of replay badges and how hungry the community is for new stuff. I think they need to focus on thinking up new rewards that players will go crazy for: Emblems, skins, unique base items, trinkets and pets that actually do damage...etc. Then spread them throughout the game to get players into playing older content.
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Balance never exists in MMORPGs why because the variety, if you want "balance" everybody complain about their is no variety to powers and everything has the same feel to it, there will always be a power that outperforms another. Also understand balance CANT exist her because you have weapon, which is one variable, power, which is a second variable and Skill Points which is a third variable...What weapon/power/skill point do you balance around? If you do balance around a type, what powers/ weapons/ skillpoints are negatively affected as a cause of this?
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

I disagree, throwing more rewards at something doesnt make it fun. Fun needs to be something from the OUTSET not something that is created as a result of a reward
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4975/from-hells-heart-i-stab-at-thee
    Defeat the Whale Shark in Vashj'ir (despite or perhaps because of the fact that he drops no loot)

To succeed in killing the whale shark, one member of the group (preferably a ranged class) must gain aggro and then kite the whale shark around the area. This "tank" (so to speak) must avoid being hit by the whale shark while also continuing to do damage and maintain aggro, as even the best-equipped plate-wearer will be instantly killed if he fails to stay out of melee range. Healing in this encounter is thus pointless so all classes need to DPS and do so slowly; ripping aggro off the kiter is instant death for whomever does it.

Be prepared for a very long fight. Because of the care the group must take to not take aggro off the kiter, all characters must either let several seconds pass between attacks or use only low-damage attacks. The whale shark must pretty much suffer the "death by a thousand paper cuts."

Soloed it twice, took me about 30 minutes each times and my hands went numb, but i quite enjoyed the challenge of bringing it down.

All for an achievement that gives nothing, not even loot...

Which is why i am at such odds with the Achievement System here as i find alot of the feats outside of raid feats dont have fun in mind, its just a way to kill time for the player. Fun is its own reward, it isnt created through a reward.
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

instead of new powers and "balance" can we just fix the powers the revamp trashed?
    • Like x 2
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The removal of CR differential and the Stats Revamp actually made solo fighting the Oolong Siege Robot entertaining again.

But I just took a six month break from even logging on and an actual year or more hiatus from any active playing, so everything is sort of new now.
  10. Starblast Well-Known Player

I'm currently on a break right now as well. I stopped maybe around April. It was just starting to feel like a chore. A lot of the Episodes I never purchased cuz I thought I might as well subscribe if I'm going to play cuz I want access to everything. I'm starting to want to play again but I dunno, it always felt like nobody was ever playing the older content and I was super burnt out on some of the newer stuff. I'm glad to see it is coming to the switch. I think this is a good sign. A tad unfortunate that it is not crossplay but that is probably largely out of their control. Plus, I've sorta been playing Mortal Kombat 11 a lot and well....WB/Netherrealm decided they needed to make it a bit grindy. That is apparently the way of video games in general at the moment. Also, there is a lot of games I want to play I just simply don't have the time. I guess I'm getting older and just not the target audience. Still though....if you woulda told me that I'd still be into a game as much as 8 years after launch I woulda told you that you were crazy so that has to say something. But still...they have made a lot of updates they never said they could do. I remember them saying at one point to not expect super new content similar to the first DLC that introduced Hard light, but they more than have IMO.
  11. inferno Loyal Player

@solowing - New rewards is only a part of a solution. One that I feel is easily added on the game now with little cost to production with a good return to player interest. I don't disagree with anything you said but there are several things that stands in its way. One is the different types of players. Challenging gameplay is hard to achieve. What is challenging for some, others find impossible. Players ask for nerfs, they ask for group content, some want more solo, others ask for access for everything. I think it would be almost impossible for developers to satisy everyone's wants at the same time.

I have never been a PVP player, i dabble at it, average would be gracious, but If PVP were fixed and equal. Challenging gameplay would be constant and variable depending on who you are up against and their skill. PvP should be its own separate server and entity; where players can enter and their powers are all basically the same in damage or abilities but different only in looks: I.e Fire attacks are still fire-based but exactly the in damage, description ability as Ice or Mental etc... That will make it easier to equalize its gameplay and leave it to a player's skill set to bring in the challenge and level of difficulty.

There are probably more ways to improve the game but it will take time and definitely more than a 3 or 6 month hiatus could achieve.
  12. Anri Myst Active Player

How about just having more iconic powers as a suggestion, some already exist like Bizarros ice vision and fire breath, Two Faces barrels, and other skills from the legends already in the game. But we could also have others from comics, such as a short range teleportation as a kryptonian spins and drills into the ground coming up somewhere else close by.
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Was just chatting and talking about the subject was all man. Nothing more :).
  14. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Once again, i want to mention that here on the forums players offered a go fund to help pay for the production of new powers & revival of pvp.
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

lol it doesn't work like that and whatever players willing to throw a few bucks at a go fund me wouldn't be enough to cover the actual costs for proper update/implementation either way.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

This was years ago, i had nothing to do with it .. but it does go to show atleast back then people were willing to help fund the fixes WEE found necessary while probably sony at the time funded what the devs saw necessary

Mmos are very expensive to keep up & running from what i gather, but if tjey had just gave us a number to reach by now we’d certainly be past that goal
  17. Isif Committed Player

My statement was focused more on the creation of a mediocre power to appease the masses. Heck, add 2 more lacklustre ones on top of that. Just in the name of curing boredom. We know how the "balance" and "revamp" equation goes. Engaging content is realistically the only solution. I recently played the 2 "Under Siege" solos (at level) and remembered what it was like to not be able to just melt everything.
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

You don't actually know this. People want it all gimme gimme naow naow on the Marketplace but whine and moan up to high heavens if the pricetag is above 10$, no matter if the item is a one-time purchase and redeemable on all chars. So what makes you seriously think that players would be up to donate tons and tons of cash for a game mode the Devs have little to no interest in as it is?

Things just doesn't work like that. The devs have decided that PvP isn't worth it "for reasons", and until they find a way to actually monetize PvP I highly doubt that will change at this point. With or without donations, lol.