Getting PVP gear for Source marks

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Phoenix Five, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agreed. I could say the same thing for my PvP marks and marks of legends. They both have been maxed for years.

Keep these worlds separate for the tiny hope that one day, some day, PvP might get some love.
    • Like x 1
  2. Brit Loyal Player

I personally feel that they should allow the CR Advancement to come with a suit of PvP99 or PvP100 gear. Not every single feat, but a single set of gear that is not the top rank. If they wanted to monetize PvP, that would be the way to do it.

The CR Advancement didn't kill raiding by offering a skip for PvE gear. And perhaps more players would be willing to try PvP if they already had a decent set of gear so they didn't have to walk into it at a huge handicap, or go through over 1000 matches just to get to the point that they can have competitive gear. The current system definitely isn't very user friendly to a new player picking it up for the first time.

I have long advocated that they need to be releasing at least one new PvP suit every year. Too many of the experienced PvP'ers already have everything, and so there are no longer any rewards for queuing up. MMOs are built on character advancement treadmills, so eventually there does come a point when "No rewards; just for fun" is no longer enough to motivate people. If we got a CR102 PvP set, we would see an immediate uptick in PvP while people queued up to start earning the newest gear again.
    • Like x 2
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Not a bad idea in all honesty. The PVP gear grind is atrocious. I also agree with the release of 1 simple PVP gear set a year. I can't fathom why this is so difficult for the Developers to do. Also, 1-2 Legend characters a year would be nice as well and I don't think that is asking to much. I mean, Ultraman, Owlman, Johnny Quick, Merciless, Red Death, The Batman Who Laughs, Dawnbreaker, etc...there is SO much potential for amazing Legend characters.
    • Like x 3
  4. Soul Dedicated Player

Not to mention plenty of already existing models in the game for Legends characters..
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes and yes. I'd be all in for a new set if PvP gear. That is also the only way I could get some of the completionists I run with to PvP. There has to be more in it for Pvers to venture to the FUN side.
    • Like x 1
  6. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Make gears & Source Marks & collection ( collection specifically available for and in PvP ) drop in Arenas & Legend PvP (in case of loss=1, in case of win=3, in case of winning 8vs8=5 ), and more importantly in Legend PvEs, to encourage people to spend money and time for PvP and Legends.
    Delete Marks of Valor (PvP Marks) from the game.
    Make new Legends Skins purchasable only through Market Place not any exception for members.
  7. NotifyEU New Player

That makes no sense, that's just making pvp more money based, and that will cause more people to leave the game including me, I think they should add pvp artifacts that you have to earn instead of buying, that way it's down to who is actually better.
  8. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

the **** of pvp is after the 99 pvop gears all the gears are more expensive i am trying to get the damm gotham knight style and everypiece cost a lot of 3000 only marks the belt the others are more expensive
  9. TunezCottage New Player

I think the main issue with pvp to begin with is that it's tiered. It makes it unaccessible to newcomers and only two types of people play PVP, new players and the people that love it. Take away tier gear altogether. Make it completely cosmetic what you can purchase for source marks and you'll see an immediate boom in PVP again. I guarantee it.

PS. Didn't mean source marks, my bad. PVP marks or marks of valor rather
  10. Desaint333 New Player

What I'd really like to see is the max CR PvP Gear raised up from 101. A ton of us set goals to venture through, and once they are accomplished the feat is done and said with. I mean, it has been since 2016 since they last raised it in a hotfix. Even with said small amount of advantage they could give by raising it, this would create a longer journey through PvP aspects as a whole.
    • Like x 1