Getting PVP gear for Source marks

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Phoenix Five, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Phoenix Five Active Player

So the title sort of says it. Might the developers make PVP gear available for Source marks?
    No, this is not a suggestion to sort of suggest that I would be too lazy to farm them.
    But source marks can be purchased now right? I just think that it should be possible for someone who is a low level pvp gearer, to be able to level up their pvp gear by buying the marks for it from the market place.

Why buy anything at all? Because you care. I'd say make it possible, but who am I?
    • Like x 4
  2. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

I might agree for the first couple of tiers, but you can't exactly use source marks to get thelast few sets of gear in pve.
    • Like x 3
  3. Phoenix Five Active Player

The biggest hug <3 and hope that they'll do this for PVP gear anyway.
  4. Brit Loyal Player

Or maybe the CR Skip Token could also grant the PvP CR100 set, so players only had to grind out the final one.
    • Like x 3
  5. Magnificent Loyal Player

If they aren't going to do anything with PVP then why not? Make each item worth the same amount of Source Marks as they are the PVP marks (since those are astronomic prices unless you are grinding hard, and pretty much the only ones grinding PVP these days are the hardcore experts so anyone new faces a huuuuuuuuge uphill battle for getting geared up).
    • Like x 1
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I personally say no. I will always firmly be in the camp of fix PVP. If they offer work arounds for getting PVP gear and feats then there is even less initiative for the developers to fix it.
    • Like x 7
  7. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

One has to give though. Either they fix it and/or come up with a solution so other players can get the necessary feats/gear associated with PvP or continue to ignore it for years to come.
  8. Soul Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  9. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Set all PvP feats to be purchasable with badges without doing them at least once.

The current model of repeated failure to earn the currency to buy each and every piece per tier before moving up to better gear turns many players away.

I don't care much for PvP, probably because I'm not very good at it.
    • Like x 1
  10. L T Devoted Player

They've been making tweaks and small fixes to PVP over the past year. Mainly legends PVP, but at least it's getting a little attention.
  11. WнуѕOѕєяιoυ5 Well-Known Player

that's obvious, you can't be good when pvp is broken
  12. Phoenix Five Active Player

That image made complete sense to me.
    Now I feel silly for starting this thread.
  13. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Is PvP really broken, or is it just those that love it and have earned the high level gear make it such a miserable gank fest that the vast majority of new to PvP players think it just sucks?
  14. Awsome Well-Known Player

Its really broken
  15. Awsome Well-Known Player

PvP was the main reason I fell in love with this game in 2011. That is almost all i would do. I lived in the PvP phase. I loved the brawls that would occur at police stations and nightclubs. Then they broke it, and now its terrible. I won't touch it. Its too bad really. A whole segment of the game that really helps to break up the monotony is dead because they implemented a terrible system, and every time they tried to make said terrible system work, they broke it more.
    • Like x 2
  16. Doom Patroller Active Player

Indeed. PvP gear is a kind of PvP reward; PvP REWARDS are (were?) intended to REWARD PLAYING PvP. In other words, PvP gear, styles and feats (I know the Op only addresses gear, but it begets the latter two) are a way of sorts to track your progression in PvP content; fixing PvP so it is enjoyable by itself and let the players get their comeuppance in PvP seems the most intuitive and reasonable approach to make PvP rewards attainable, because the benefit players get is not merely the style or feat points or stats, but the sense of achievement and, hopefully, of breakthrough.
    Totally agreed, the situation merits further thought; in that reflective vein, it is debatable whether PvP gear, and its associated perks, such as feats, are, in fact, ‘necessary’ to those players that are not actually playing PvP; those players might want them and would benefit from having them, but then, the recompenses wouldn’t serve any longer their fundamental and foremost important character of PvP REWARDS, and would turn into items devoid of value beyond their stats and appareance.
    I don’t deem your question as silly, but I’d argue whether buying PvP gear with source marks does solve the issues you are concerned with in the first place, specially without generating new problems, like those regarding a sense of fairness. If PvP related gear, designed to accomodate customers that are willing to pay for a boost in their stats, were to be offered, it should be different from the gear that is attained by PvP progression, i.e., it should have either a new, original style, or bestow a non-PvP preexisting style, like those that are purchasable with in-game cash in pve vendors.
  17. Samantha Christiano Active Player

Would people be happy with extra marks weekends?
    Valor 400 Win and 200 Lose
    Legend 2 Win and 1 Lose

Extra Marks Weekend is
    500 Win and 300 Lose for Valor
    3 Win and 2 Lose for Legend
    • Like x 2
  18. Samantha Christiano Active Player

Mistake
    Valor 200 Win and 100 Lose
    Extra Marks Weekend
    300 Win and 200 Loae

The Extra Marks Weekends does Both Valor and Legend.
    Maybe this might make people happy in PvP to grind the marks for Legends Characters and the PvP Gear for the Stats and styles feats
    Legends Characters for the feats also.
    • Like x 1
  19. Doom Patroller Active Player

I'm sure people that want to "grind" (term often related to a monotonous, tedious activity) would prefer that to nothing, as they only would want to be done with it, so it doesn't seem to address the actual issue; I guess OP wouldn't settle for that: she/he seems to want some kind of "startup" option for those who want to delve into pvp, so she/he might want some kind of equalizing factor before even starting to PvP, thus grinding would come after what is petitioned by OP; me, as an old PvPer, couldn't care less for extra marks, since I can't spend them forthwith, as there is nix I haven't bought already in my multiple toons. I wouldn't be satisfied by anything less than the devs showing active interest for the PvP aspect of the game.
  20. Samantha Christiano Active Player

The idea of Marks of Valor in marketplace is something that might make players happy.
    There used to be daily rewards that gives something. More marks, a piece of gear and with 12 replay badges to reset.
    There is several things that would help, we wait for a response from devs to your post.
    You're well constructive and positive and people like your idea.