Generator Mods Not Dropping.......

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AlanR80, Sep 25, 2018.

1. AlanR80 Active Player

Hello everyone

I've been working on my Quantum toon, working him through the Amazon Fury 3 onwards episodes, and now on Earth 3 content, and not seen a generator mod drop. But on my mental toon I remember seeing AF3 etc mods dropping in Teen Titan content.

Is there a bug where only TT is dropping generator mods, or is this intended?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I asked the same question weeks ago:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/question-regarding-generator-mods.297818/

It appears TT is the only episode currently dropping the latest Generator Mods. I haven't even seen drops in Deluge.
  3. Quantile Well-Known Player

They need to go back to allowing us to make our own generator mods. Idk why they ever took that option away..
    • Like x 1
  4. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Or let us buy them with 5-10 MoV
    • Like x 6
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This. Put them on the vendors, it'll give us another MoV sink for those that only have catalysts to spend them on.
    • Like x 2
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's annoying how they always resort to RNG for stuff. These things should have been either vendored or account bound/tradeable. I get vit mods on my celestial toon and my troll gets dom mods while my tank gets resto...
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I just don't understand why they can't just flag them either trade-able or account bound. Having the new mods on a low toon will NOT break the game, considering the speed in which players level.
    • Like x 1
  8. Quantile Well-Known Player

5-10 marks is way too cheap. They mine as well just give them to us for free at that price. I liked how it was in AF3. 75 MOV to buy the specific generator mod plans you wanted to make and then you had to collect the materials to make them. This way you could get the exact mod you wanted and there was a sense of satisfaction after you completed it.
  9. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I get that, IMO, I disagree with the price.

They have no feats tied to them now, mainly why it was a 75MoV plan and with a plan u could make 4 of that one (color wise). And getting the essences were horrid in the first few episodes with Green/blue 1essence, purple/vendor 2essences. But we should have not dread to get them now post augments. When we had to craft them, I'd only do a alt to get the feat, now it'd be nice for majority of my end game alts to get gen mods. Plus t6ish generator mods were 5 MoV, I'd do 15-20 MoV for end game gen mods if they were on the vendor

Overall they shouldn't be hard to get now, it would be more alt friendly this way, max I'd do is 20 MoV

Just because you enjoyed making them doesn't mean everyone else does. I never enjoyed making them, I always gotten more dread over satisfaction. But I believe they should give players more options to obtain them. If they did r&d, they'll have to re figure stuff out, but if they keep it feat free I'll be happy for more variety in how to get gen mods
  10. Quantile Well-Known Player

There wasn’t anything wrong with that pricing. Why everybody seems to think everything should be dirt cheap to the point that it’s practically handed to them is beyond me. There needs to be a challenge and some sort of grinding effort put into effect to obtain items of value. The old 5mov mods in the vendors were ridiculous. People were buying those instead of actually using the R&D system to make there mods which rendered the R&D system obsolete.

To say that 5mov are needed to mod your alt’s generator isn’t practical. People would just abuse that system for their mains as well. Mods need to be obtainable with sort sort of challenge imo. Alts aren’t meant to be on par with your main. That’s why it’s called an alt.