Generator mods feat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Willythewizard, May 23, 2021.

1. Willythewizard New Player

Is there any way you can make these easier to obtain. It seems like you need a lot of gen mods and marks to craft your way up to 40.4s I still do not have a single 40.4. I’m not sure how others are seeing this but it seems like a bit much to me, curious to see what others think about it.
    • Like x 4
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

It will take a long time to complete.
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

A real long time. Few ways of doing it. I'm only using 1 toon for it so my main and 1st alt can spend their coins on gear for now. Eventually, they'll buy all the 5 and 10 coin plans and send the crafted boxes over to that toon which has all the 5s and 10 plans and 3 of the .3s and 3 of the .4s. It takes 160 40.0s to make 1 .4 I believe. It's a slow process and eats up a lot of sources too. So far, I have made 3 .4s. Running every day and only using 1 toon. Should speed up a bit once the other toons start pitching in. Which at this rate, probably a month from now till they can
    • Like x 2
  4. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Finished mine in the second week. Halfway through on one alt, starting on another.

The more alts you have, the easier it is. Here's how I did it:
    1) Buy all toons, all 40.1 recipes. This will allow you to utilize more resources, since you can pass the 40.1 boxes to your main.
    2) Use alts to purchase all 40.2 recipes for your main.
    3) Use alts to purchase 1 of each color 40.3 and a matching 1 from each color of 40.4s.
    4) Make sure to open 40.1 and 40.2 boxes into the mods for which you have .3 and .4 recipes, in step 3.

5) Collect mods totaling 1440x 40.0s,
    or 720x 40.1,
    or 240x 40.2,
    or 60x 40.3.

...that's how many you need for 12 40.4 mods.

6) Make 40.4 mods!

7) Regret your life decisions.
    • Like x 4
  5. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

It's 120x 40.0s = 1x 40.4
    or 60x 40.1
    or 20x 40.2
    or 5x 40.3
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol somehow that's comforting. Ghuhhh
    • Like x 1
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Just crazy. Hope they fired whoever pitched this (not really, i dont wish anyone to be fired but jeez).
    What was so wrong with saving the marks and buyin the .4’s from the vendor smfh.
    What do we as the player or even them as the devs gain from making us jump through these hoops? Smh
    • Like x 2
  8. Akaiko Well-Known Player

I'm completely ignoring them. Too much time and effort for something that will be made obsolete when the next episode drops in a few months. **only has 1 endgame toon** Gear is much more important for my marks earned (especially as I plan on getting dps & healing gear) than spending on plans.

If this becomes the pattern for the generator mods, I'll just write those feats off just as I do all elite feats as automatically unattainable for me and keep on playing as I do.
    • Like x 2
  9. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Yeah, I sincerely hope it doesn't become the norm. Not a fun aspect of the game. And the gains are quite minimal over the readily dropped 40.1s. Totally agree that gear is a much better use for your marks.
    • Like x 2
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Did you say you need 1400 40.0 mods.....
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Who thought of this system. Why would you do this to us.

Why cant there just be one gen mod for each color. None of this .1 .2 .3 stuff. It's just bad. If you play both roles thats 12 mods you'll need. Why do you guys continually try to convolute the game like this. Not to mention how its affected alts.

There's good aspects of finding ways to give us more stats then there's this. Please don't do this again. Make the mod system way less convoluted.

And can you imagine a new player leveling. Each dlc there's something that is being done completely different. Between this and the fractured way gear is still doled out in the first 5 or 6 tiers there's no consistency. This is super off putting to new players. I hope you guys can find a solution and stick with it. Then make it uniform for the whole game.

Im glad you try new things but..
    • Like x 5
  12. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

All Generator mods going forward should just be on the episodes Vendor where you buy gear . This method that was chosen for this dlc I am not a fan of it at all
    • Like x 2
  13. MiLady Well-Known Player

The costs for the plans and catalysts to convert these mods from .0 -> .4 are insane. Plus the number of mods needed to convert to the next mod level is too much. By the time the next DLC comes out, im pretty sure I will not be done with these feats. I'll just wait for the new dlc mods to replace these 40.x ones.

If the Devs are trying to bring back R&D, take a look at how it was done when we had to farm exos in open world. Collect the exos and craft your mods. At least we could buy the exos from the broker or trade them.

How about you make the 40.x mods tradeable, at least account bound if you dont want them on the broker? Then the process will just be a matter of costing marks for the catalysts for the conversion.
  14. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Time. You have to spend time playing, the real coin here, to make these.

After re-reading what ti takes for these few feats I may just sell off the few 40.1 and 40.0 i've gotten through content. Ain't got time for that jibber jabber.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Can't sell anything. Account bound crafted boxes but you can't even send other toons dropped ones
  16. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

My belief is the game rewards should be paced for one character to complete by themselves in a reasonable time period. I personably define reasonable as running content regularly / daily for a 3 month time period, without replays. With roughly 4 months between episodes that leaves about one month of misses / break between episodes. If you want to get done faster, replays and alts are available, BUT SHOULD NOT BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE CONTENT PRIOR TO THE NEXT EPISODE. We are 5 to 6 weeks in, I’ve been running 2 characters daily (my main and a farmer), and I’m right at getting my first 40.4 mod of each now. That’s after I used a bunch of replys during this double marks period. So I have a full suit of armor and 6 more levels on the wings to go; let’s say they take another 4 weeks tops. And then I need to play this episode of another ( 6*3-4) 14 weeks for just for the 50 point feat? Er, no. Somewhere about 3 episodes ago, the cost of completing each episode went from “reasonable” to “ridiculous”. 1-2 hours a day was always good enough to keep up with the game, and if the thought process was too make me stay on longer by making everything more expensive, it’s back-firing significantly.
    • Like x 1
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

it's a long game scenario system. I've returned to the game.... 4 months ago and catching up with the long game systems, artifacts and augments, has been reason to play more often. It's all repetitive content by design. PacMan was repetitive. ....i'm nearly done with maxing a not used by my character origin augment of precision. Then i become one of the users that no longer farms exo materials in gotham (lair in old gotham district), and sells loot instead of using the R&D table with loot.

I'm storing exos in my bank for a bonus arti exp week
  18. Lara Committed Player

this is the result because people were crying about bounty spamming, and now you have to do it that way :)
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thats false. Your assuming that. Why u keep saying it is beyond me.
    Its the result of the devs trying to artificially MAKE us play more rather then making good content to make us WANT to play more.
    Its on the devs not those who hated spams.
    • Like x 1
  20. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Incorrect