Generator Mod - Ability Switch?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EconoKnight, Nov 3, 2021.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Legendary Allies introduced an interesting idea. In the passive support role, the Legendary Ally has two abilities. Only one ability is active at a time, and you choose the one you want after unlocking the appropriate level. This idea could be applied to other parts of the game.

Base Generator Mods are for separate stats - Might, Precision, Vitalization, Restoration, etc. But if you want to change those mods after loading them in, you must lose all the work you put into getting those Gen mods (whether it be crafting or marks). What if you could instead have one mod for each color and switch the stat it is once it’s loaded into the generator? Like Legendary Allies, you would not lose progress because you choose to switch abilities. Instead, you could just select the mod in your generator and choose option one for precision or option two for might, etc.

As a one character player, I can say that I’m reluctant to change and try new roles like healing, tank or even switching my DPS flavor. To make the switch, I could lose a good chunk of stats from my Gen mods; and if I changed the mods out for the new role, I couldn’t switch my role back without having to do all the Gen mod work a third time. But if I could switch the Gen mod type at will like a Legendary Ally, I would be more encouraged to use a power change token or three (which could then

Just a thought. Seems like it would only involve an alteration / addition to the existing display when you select a mod loaded in your generator (to choose options), so it wouldn’t appear to need a makeover from scratch. But speaking for myself, I would like to see the option.
    • Like x 9
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Nice idea.
    What can work too is changing it to augments like. Where they build up and can be swapped at leisure.

It's weird why they initially designed it. It's even more weird why none of the revamps changed it.
    • Like x 6
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Love it. I need power for DPS but health for trolling.
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Yep. I’ve thought about trying might based again, but that means scrapping the Gen mods.

I’ve even been looking at trying healing (or maybe even swapping back and forth as needed for the league), but the Gen mod issue holds me back big time.