General message about trolling

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doc.Doom15, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Eh, I think you mean "add" or "enemy," not "mob." A mob is a crowd of people.
    • Like x 3
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Debuffs only apply to the enemy that you have targeted. There is an elite affinity mob that gives a % chance for a debuff to be applied to a second enemy, but as a general rule a debuff is only applied to one enemy at a time, regardless of how many enemies the ability actually hits.
    • Like x 1
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Thanks.
    Now send a PM to Mepps and ask him to edit all my posts and replace "mob" with "add" or "enemy". ;)
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

i allways recomment to dammagers to allways mod might+power if pftt alone.
    even health+power in blues, but noone takes me seriously...
    well, i am certainly not one of the best dammagers,
    especially because i was allways modded like this... however:

as troll, i would recomment to completely ignore vitalization. i know, i know,
    how can i make such assumtions? well, for your SP's:
    go might power first and only the rest go to vitalization if at all.
    it helps to allways have the power to clip your debuffs with a dump.
    i guess as a troll, i did my job well like this ^^
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Actually for the sake of being pedantic if your bar is already full spamming your generator is a waste of power. Just adding some clarification ;)
    • Like x 2
  6. krytine Loyal Player

No elite. I believe it is 5 barrel for munitions. I will check again but I am certain it applies to multiple but again i will recheck and post s9metime tomorrow with you
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

When I first started playing MMOs (2004, FFXI), I was told that 'mob' stands for 'Monster or Bad Guy' in MMO parlance. I've been using it ever since to refer to any non-boss enemy NPC.

If that has gone out of vogue, I apologize for my old man words. :)
    • Like x 2
  8. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I get the feeling that the power used before the dump may not be a debuff for most.
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, i was doing horrific visage clipped with menace into phantom flames,
    then spam brawling WM shuriken storm into psychic shock cw psychic emp.
    repeat until weapon buff is out of cooldown (helps to know when to reset debuffs).
    using that, i had two 300'rs into rotation and spammed without ever get drained.
    worked for me. at least when i trolled, i wasn't realy challenged most of the time...
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I hope you're talking about a dps rotation here ;)

Also your modding information imo is incorrect especially for someone with high sp.

You're losing too much damage potential sacrificing that might for power.
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Thank you. ;) ;)

Signed.... another Old Man. ;) ;)
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

no. it was how i trolled. i just used the weapon buff for knowing when to setup the debuffs...
    i guess it worked fine ^^ well, in elite raids, i was using the aggro dump shield instead ^^
  13. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

For the sake of retorting, your bar (assuming you mean supercharge bar) should never be full, with the exception of a couple controller powersets you can earn your next supercharge by the time the one you just used is off cooldown if you are in combat, with a <20 second grace period. Keeping a full SC bar just in case when the group needs it is fruitless.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

And using it pointlessly is equally a waste, I think we'll just put this down as another area we disagree on Chill, but hey we have plenty of those.

Here your bars are full ... use a supercharge... here you're not at any need of a group shield... use a supercharge; sorry but that is just laughable... horribly laughable... I'm honestly trying not to chuckle a little inside right now.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  15. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

You can't predict what will happen in a raid, you can't know that johnny quick is going to whirlwind a player from half the map and that player didn't get a heal or healer shield in time, you can't predict if a player will block and roll in time on johnny quick, you can't predict if a player will roll fast enough from the fire on ultraman or if a shield will come in time from the healers on the bots, you can't predict if a player will block fast enough on a ultraback hand, you can't predict if a player will roll away from zoo bombs on 1st boss. These are things out of your control, what you can do is keep a constant flow of group shields as a preventative measure *because you CAN* You are still thinking in the old meta where you need these supercharges for power, that is only secondary you should be more than capable to keep the group sufficiently powered without the use of a supercharge, these are now tools for protection first and power supplementary benefit, especially running in a 2 controller setup where you can near keep group shields up constantly.

now to save myself from forum moderation I will stop there but its pretty self explanatory how my mindset has kept me over the games history one of the most accomplished players in dcuo.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Oh please, you can do a bit better than that, you can predict it a bit better than just clicking your supercharge for the sake of clicking your supercharge.

It's also potentially wise to save a shield for times where it's more beneficial and the group could actually use a shield, tanks making a mistake, healers making a mistake and so on.

Bosses also have tells, say for example a boss does a scripted attack on group members and you see the NPC lunge, even hitting a shield then is far more useful than just spamming your shield for the sake of spamming it.

I'm sorry but 'in my view' just using your supercharge nonsensically without thought is absurd on any level, also how 'accomplished' you personally feel you are has zero to do with common sense.
    • Like x 7
  17. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

So if you can earn a supercharge nearly every minute of sustained combat and you just saving them in your view of common sense? Sorry if I am struggling to see the "common sense" in that. These are the tools provided to our roles with stats revamp, vit doesn't scale as well as it did in the past and overall as a role we give less power out then we did previously, however to counteract that deficiency our roles can earn supercharges faster than any other class and even battle drone was changed to a group shield and shields were changed to 100% absorption so despite controllers not specing into the extra dom and resto to boost their shields like we would have pre-revamp a shield we can earn nearly every 60 seconds to continually provide for the group in addition to the burst of power return we should just save that in our back pocket to use when we feel the time is right? You are right lots of common sense there.

The meta changed, im not sure how you haven't seen that, despite the advantage of the shield protection continuously using supercharges still yields the best power out to the group especially for powersets like earth and rage who continually require a constant burst of power, it allows us to put a debuff on a secondary target instead of applying a debuff 6s early on the same target, the supercharge generators are also some of the better cc abilities of the powersets like gadgets and quantum, but you think its more common sense not to continually use these abilities despite your bar being full?

now you are right about something Proxy I'm honestly trying not to chuckle a little inside right now controlling the highest rounds of SM, world and server first elite feats and competitive pvp at its highest levels you do learn a degree of common sense, which I think is where your definition of common sense drastically differs, which if fine that would be expectant in this situation between us
  18. Proxystar #Perception

This isn't about your "accomplishments" or "achievements", that's just a distraction from what is otherwise just a normal discussion about two opposing play styles.

There's two opposing views;

yours - spam your supercharge endlessly with absolutely no forethought other than the fact your bar is full and its time to build more. this method has flaws and vulnerabilities irrespective of what you think.

mine - put some thought in to your use of a supercharge, not use it frivolously for the sake of it, consider whether your supercharge is of a strategic benefit before using it (and I'm not saying there aren't circumstances where you might just dump it), have situational awareness so that you can use your supercharge at a time when the group members may benefit from it more, Obsidian Chill considers that flawed in the sense that you're not making as much supercharge as possible, which I consider far less of a flaw than just spamming it endlessly.

You're welcome to keep doing what you're doing Obsidian Chill and I will keep doing what I'm doing, but don't expect people not to stand up to you when what you're saying isn't without flaw.

My advice to the other controllers out there:- use your supercharges with a bit of strategy and forethought, or alternatively you can follow Obsidian Chills strategy. ultimately the choice is yours, I have made my view clear as to which one I consider has the most merit.
    • Like x 4
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

I think they should put your likeness in the Hall of Heroes, you're amazing. New players should be able to select you as their mentor.
    • Like x 1
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There is a simple saying...

"Timing is everything".

A well timed Supercharge can save the group from a wipe.

Spamming a Supercharge just because your bar is full?? :eek: :eek: :p
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.