General message about trolling

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doc.Doom15, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Piper Loyal Player

While I can't speak to Munitions, I can state that the Quantum healing debuff (Anomaly) is also a group (AOE) stun... but I believe it only applies the healing debuff to the targeted individual rather than all of those who were stunned. I'll have to check that soon to confirm it because it certainly would be a good thing to know. :)
    • Like x 2
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I don't want to say..... "pants on fire"..... but.....

If you really had been Trolling for 7 years..... you would know that you don't debuff everything.
    As a rule of thumb you debuff the bosses only.

The reason is simple....... mobs burn fast enough that most time they will be almost dead already by the time you are done casting your debuff. So you will usually debuff a mob that is already almost dead.
    Waste of time and power to do so.

Yes you can use certain debuffs that ALSO CC on a group of mobs..... but you don't really debuff the mobs in that case... what you really do is CC them using what is also a debuff.

So debuffing mobs is usually a waste of time and power.
    There are exceptions..... but it is just that.... an exeption.

Unless you think that when you cast a debuff power that affects multiple target.... you think you debuff them all?

Debuffs only debuffs the ONE mob that you target even if the power affects the whole group.
    So.... if you have 6 mobs..... in order to be able to debuff all 6 mobs you would have to cast your debuff 6 times..... once on each mobs.

So debuffing everything.... not really possible.
    And debuffing mobs.... usually a waste.

You would know all this after Trolling for 7 years.

Again.... don't want to be saying "pants on fire"... but as was already mentioned.... people claim a LOT of things on these Forums that sadly often are not very close to be true. :(
    Especially since GU73.
    • Like x 2
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

He means "Troll needs to spec on Power now instead of VIT".
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Why healing debuff??
    Only a handfull of enemies heal themselves in the game.

Unless the debuff does something else like CC...... not very usefull 90% of the time.

Damage debuff and Defence debuff should be the main ones.

Healing debuffs.... only on some bosses..... or if it does something else like CC.

For example Anomaly with Quantum.
    Anomaly is a Healing debuff.....
    AND it is a good CC....
    AND it is the Supercharge Generator.

So unless your Healing debuff does all that.... use the Defence debuff instead.
    • Like x 3
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I think we are on the same page..... but some may be arguing a bit about..... not scemantics... arguing about subtelties maybe??

I think most would agree....
    don't use a Healing debuff unless the debuff does something else... or unless fighting a boss that actually does heal.

Don't debuff mobs most of the time..... unless the debuff does MORE then debuff like CC for example.
    Why??
    As a rule DPSes should burn mobs fast enough...especially in groups that stack more DPSes...... that the debuff will be on the mob barely a second before the mob is down.
    So little point to debuff mobs then.

But of course.... if the DPSes struggle to burn down mobs.... then debuff away.

But as a rule of thumb... no real need to debuff mobs....
    Debuffs should be use on Bosses mainly.
    • Like x 2
  6. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Nope, been doing the same as well, and don't have that problem either.

Never liked being battery so I never participated with that whole argument as to how it was deemed to be played.

It is easy to debuff everything and dump power, but much much easier to stand in back and not debuff and give power and collect a drop.

I'd go as far to say there is no clear way to troll and that is the "rule of thumb ".
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Trick question.

Controllers don't use powers. We stand behind the Tank and hit the mobs with the stock of our Rifles. :D
    • Like x 3
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I maybe misread your post.... Just to be sure.....

Even if a debuff does an AoE and affect many mobs... only the mob that is targetted actually gets the debuff.
    So even if the debuff power is AoE..... it only debuff ONE mob.

So if you want to debuff all mobs..... you need to cast the debuff on each one.

Or do you just mean that thanks to the AoE it can CC or damages many target even if it debuff only the ONE??
    If that is what you say..... carry on.

;) ;)
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes Anomaly only debuff the main target.

But it works fine as a CC AND it is the Supercharge generator.
    • Like x 1
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i debuff the hell out of everything at any place any where any time.

just fun.

of course when i'm dealing with ads i won't set to stunning until im sure the tank has them rounded up or unless it looks
    like theres one or two loosies running around ready to pounce on someone or the healer.

mentals supercharge generator may be fubar in dps role but it works just right when youre trolling. i can build upto bastion 3 or 4 times in a boss fight which does a much better job at refilling the groups powers bars over just sitting there going tap-tap-dump....
    • Like x 1
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

haha expecting to debuff every single trash add :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  12. krytine Loyal Player

What I was saying multiple targets can be affected in a single casting. It does push and stun as well as debuff and can be worked into a ro tr action to keep most adds debuffed plus the attack debuff is also a pi applicator dots so as in a double whammy it works well and will do the debuffs on multiple targets. Not just single thats all and yes most trash mobs are burned quickly but hey if you can add to it why not
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There is a "rule of thumb" for everything.... even Controlling. ;) ;)

If you manage to "debuff everything".... it is because the DPSes don't do their job.

Or are we arguing scemantics??

You can cast a debuff on a group of mobs..... but you are not really debuffing all the mobs.... you are really CCing the mobs.

A debuff that affects multiple mobs will only debuff the ONE that you are targetting.

You realise that to "debuff everything".... you need to cast your debuff on each and every mob???

If you see a group of 6 mobs.... and manage to cast your debuff 6 times.... once on each mobs... then the DPSes are REALLY not doing their job.

But I am pretty sure you don't really mean "debuff everything".

You probably mean using your debuff to CC a group of mobs or something like that....
    in which case you are CCing the mobs.... not debuffing them.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes the PI/dots can be applied to multiple targets.

But the "debuff" itself is only applied on the ONE mob you are targetting.
    Only ONE mobs will get the little red target/ red shield/ red heart icon under it's name.

Unless there is an exception and there is one debuff that can debuff multiple targets??

I can guess which debuff you mean with the dots...... but just to be sure....
    Which debuff are you talking about that "debuff" multiple targets??
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

*Unless you have the Debuff Master Elite Mod active. Then you have a 25% chance to debuff two mobs every ten seconds.

Fun Fact: once upon a time, Phantom Flames debuffed up to four mobs with the Defense Debuff. I miss those days... :oops:
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Obviously.... I meant the debuff itself.... not with some outside assistance like the Debuff Master Elite Mod active. ;)

Yeah... I miss those days too. :(
    • Like x 1
  17. krytine Loyal Player

I am sorry dude when I see you right mob that means multiple targets one group so not trying to be an are or anything but I have seen my debuffs on multiple targets at once when they were in the same group
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

debuffing is boring.

getting them encased and managing to slam them together should be a feat.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Actually not true.

You cant control where your power is going.

PoT goes to all your members and your instant goes to the bottom three which isn't necessarily the support roles.

The job of a controller is to supply power to the raid party indiscriminately.

If dps have no power, there is no burn. Burn is just as important as any other role.

It is unhealthy as a player to have a poor attitude towards any specific role; this is why there are so many awful players out there not doing their job.

Also you should debuff adds, you dont have to debuff all adds but you should still be casting debuffs at all time.

That is done for the pirpose of efficiency and it is your job as a controller.

Should the tank stop tanking and so on... so why is it acceptable to you for the controller to stop doing their tasks..
    • Like x 3
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

OK.... which debuff are you talking about??
    It is simple enough to test out and verify if the debuff is really applied to multiple targets.

or do you use the Debuff Master Elite Mod???
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.