Gen Mod progress?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Whodini, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Whodini Well-Known Player

How are you guys doing on your gen mods? Myself...I haven't even bought the plans yet. It's hard to justify dropping tokens for the plans when I'm buying gear for 2 roles and will then be buying elite gear. Now we have new rewards to buy as well.

Phew, sometimes the grind be hard y'all.
    • Like x 2
  2. Achikah All About That Base

I finished my gen mods a week ago. During Flashpoint, I bought them with an alt then carried them to my main, which was wonderful. However, Doom DC's plans were untradeable at first so I actually bought the plans before anything else on my main. I probably would have done the same if I'd have known they'd become account bound... However, given what was presented, the strat was buy the plans first since I usually skip regular gear go straight for elite which takes a bit of time to earn due to the renown levels. I'm almost maxed on renown now, and I do need a week of runs for marks for the full set, but overall it wasn't too tumultuous, all things considered.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

They recently made them account bound. So... I just used coins on alts. It's ridiculous that we have to do it this way. I really don't like this system. They should convert it to the fortification system.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I finished the mods on one character a while ago. I might buy plans for my other two characters, I need to focus on the more important stuff.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I finished Flashpoint a while ago, but during STU....not FP. I have bought 0 plans for this DLC and won't probably buy them till the DLC is over....way lowest priority of all the things related to marks. I don't really care and am no upping the grind or replaying to generate enough currency to buy the 85 mark plans for virtually worthless mods (.3's are NOT much behind the .4s). I'll take the feats when I can get them...even if the DLC has gone to source by then.
  6. Henoshock Well-Known Player

I'm using alts to farm the marks, already bought one plan and can get the other 2 plans this 2x week. I definitely prefer this system (even before they made plans account bound) over previous ones, not much complaints from me.
  7. Ryll Committed Player

Finished them last week. I use my alts to feed supplies like a lot of people do. I don't bother getting them for my alts, they will just get the drops because they are my farm team for my main. I would rather spend some time not grinding between episodes and just chill.
    • Like x 1
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I stopped caring and just use the dropped ones in most episodes, the system is too much complicated to keep replacing mods every episode and the difference in stats is not really that big to justify the trouble.
  9. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Like you I bought the plans before they was account bound again I don't like having to spend so much source marks on a gen mod that get replaced after 1 dlc the catalysts should be account bound 2. This 12 gen mode feat is taking me longer then the last gen mode feat from the last dlc since all 12 modes had to come from 1 character instead of splitting the cost on my alts 360 source marks is alot when you have to buy collections 4 op pieces or materials from past dlc not to mention artifacts catalysts and alliance catalysts. Been working on bmwl and Nubia allies so a source marks sinkhole like this is really draining
  10. JeanGrey Active Player

Tbh I bought a lot of replay tokens when the sale was on and spammed bounties and ended up with the gear, plans, etc. I ended up reaching the cap and didn't realise haha. After this update though I'm back down to like 20 justice tokens because of the new items. :(
  11. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

I don't bother. I just use the best ones I can get from drops. I haven't bothered getting the best gen mods since Legion ended, because at least I could get them from just casually farming bosses during that DLC. Going through a convoluted crafting process and wasting currency on numerous overpriced plans just ain't worth the miniscule stat increases you get. Sure, I might lose out on a feat, but at the end of the day, who cares? It's one feat....
  12. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

They done. Just use trash alts running weekly bounties till you hit 85 tokens. Salvage all the gear mods for the triangle white stuff, buy the green thingies from vendor, then transfer stuff over and buy the stupid white non tradeable stuff and make the gen mods.
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I prefer the new way MUCH better than the older way like in the Flashpoint DLC

having to hold on to rows of mods to try and combine them to only get one let alone 12 for the feat is dang near impossible unless you were playing while DLC was current

New way of buying the plan 100% better
  14. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

I chose to use marks to buy plans (85 x 3 you might have a higher cost if you have more than 3 types of gen mods - for instance split dom and vit, etc) - I wish I knew they were going change the plans to account bound, but hindsight is 20-20....
    I've been done for a couple of weeks? maybe more, very doubtful to do on alts. I used an alt do get feats for vendor gear and just took it on main - I just have omni gear and purple gear.... would be nice to get to elite gear, but for time and good groups.... I'm not a score board chaser and I'm really built to heal... so top end dps gear isn't necessary