Gemworld coming?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Disruptor, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Disruptor Well-Known Player

Seeing the artifacts(Orb of Arion) and hearing the lore in game(Zodiac crystals) reminded me of some of the lore for the DCU.

Before Atlantis sank, Arions's teacher, Citrina the Witch Mother', led a group of people into another dimension and set up Gewmworld. Gemworld has 12 royal houses. Each house named after one of the birthstones Amethyst, Sardonyx, Topaz, Sapphire, Emerald, Opal and so on.

I wonder if Corum Rath will go after the House Stones in the probable belief that they are the Zodiac Stones

IIRC Arion is not dead.

For a short period of time(only ONE Kryptonian in the entire DCU) Power Girl was Arion's granddaughter and he helped Karen get over he issues by bringing them out for Karen to physically confront.

Cold we be facing Black Opal
  2. MrMigraine Devoted Player

This would be a lot of fun. Amethyst's presence could lead to a lot of other magical corners of the DCU - she was in Justice League Dark for a spell, for instance.

By the by, you know who else was born on Gemworld? Mordru.
    • Like x 1
  3. Raven Roth Committed Player

but isn't Rath sorta dead now?
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

He will probably return in his monstrous form.
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That's one of the many cool things about comics. No one is ever REALLY dead.:D

• Like x 1
  6. Disruptor Well-Known Player

I don't know anything about Corum Rath or the Faceless One. I have no idea what they are capable of in the comics. By the same token, most people know little of Funny Face.

It could be some one else going after the Zodiac Stones after the defeat of Rath
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Gemworld would be cool to see, but I hope they would devote development resources to more widely known open worlds like Apokolips. Would also love to see a 31st century Metropolis for the Legion; and I’ve got a feeling we’ll be seeing Fawcett City in March to go along with the Shazam movie.

It is all something to think about, though. What candidates for new locales are left? Star City? The planet Rann (home of Adam Strange)? Thanagar (home of Hawkman)? The ruins of Mars, perhaps? The savage land of Skartaris (home of Warlord)?

I think a Zeta beam adventure with Adam Strange on Rann could be fun. Not only do you have the fantastic beasts of Rann, but you could bring in the classic Justice League villain Kanjar Ro (who was dictator of Rann for a time); the elemental Tornado Tyrant (which is part of what gave Red Tornado life); and of course there’s always the Rann / Thanagar War with the hawks to pull from.
    • Like x 2
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He comes back. We also haven't seen Kadaver yet.
  9. Awsome Well-Known Player

I actually think an open world Kandahq would be cool, and save the devs a lot of time.
    However, I think outside of fawcett city, the next few should honestly just reuse old maps and make internal quality of life changes instead.
    Graphics update, Syndicate old episodes to make old content relevent, pvp overhaul, feat overhaul, etc.
    • Like x 1
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Hey, we can't have much of a graphics update. I'll have to start using my gaming PC. No more sitting on my couch or on the back patio with my laptop. :eek:
    TBH, We're talking about a video game based on comics. The graphics don't need to be all that in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  11. Awsome Well-Known Player

I agree with you 95% on the graphics. I actually love what the game looks like. I don't think an update would need to be nearly as massive as I have seen people on here ask for. But there are a lot of styles that are low resolution, that could be fixed. There are some buildings and aesthetics that could be have a resolution increase. That's what I mean by graphics update. For example, one of my favorite capes styles i just refuse to wear because it looks so pixelated. Bump up the resolution on some of this stuff. Our systems can handle it now.
    • Like x 1