Gem of Horus

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Saint Nephew, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Saint Nephew New Player

This thread is about the Gem Of Horus Currently using the GoH at 200.
    Curious if there are any other players out there using it.
    Making this thread so there's a place to discuss different powers, weapons, artifacts, and rotations

*Brief introduction to GoH*
    GoH grants you a new power " Talon Strike" that has its damage scaled from your precision stat.
    :Hit counter at 8-13, TS applies a DoT "Bleed"
    :Hit counter 13+ TS base damage increase by 200%
    Talon Strike used while "Bleed" is in effect, TS base damage increase by 300%
    *Using Talon Strike resets the hit counter

My account on Xbox is fairly new, almost 2 months old, However, i've played this game for many years, was here when Electricity was a combo and precision power.
    My old account was closed due to some unfortunate circumstances, nevertheless, I have returned to my poison of choice, DCUO. ( just and intro to shed my capacity of knowledge, new toon, not new player)

I am 342 CR, 203 SP. so my damage numbers aren't as high as the current player.

I'm currently using Electricity.
    I switched to Electricity for 2 reasons:
    1) High DoT powers
    2) Circuit Breaker

Weapons:
    Single target: Dual Wield
    Adds: Brawling (testing shield)

Artifacts:
    GoH (of course) 200
    VWD 160
    Grim 120

Obviously the centerpiece of my loadouts will be the GoH power, Talon Strike (TS).

With that being said, I've found two approaches to a rotation
    1) Solid DoT
    2) Mix of DoT and high dmg power ex. Voltaic shock & Voltiac Bolt
    *Will retest this form when i have more SP to allocate into Might and Power

My current rotation is that of option 1.
    also using Robot Sidekick ( possibly replaceable with more SP)

The rotation for ADDS:

Voltaic Bolt, Tesla Ball, Electrogenisis,Wired, Talon Strike.
    Weapon attack until a high hit counter, the 300% Talon Strike.

*Each time you using a move, the hit counter adds one. You need a hit counter of 8-13 to start the Bleed from TS. The way this rotation is set up, placing the DoTs reach 8 on the hit counter easily with this LO thanks to Tesla Ball(each of TB hits adds to the counter) . After the DoTs are set, TS to set the bleeding.
    Then weapon attack until TS is off cooldown, and the damage is at 300% (would be great if a mod came for cooldown)

SINGLE TARGET:
    Rotation is basically the same, swaping Tesla Ball with Electrocute.
    The switch reduces the speed the hit counter climbs, allowing for a smooth rotation of the Dual Wield Mastery after the DoTs are set and before TS is set with bleed.
    After a TS of 300% - Repeat the rotation at step one and place the DoTs

If anyone wants to discuss anything, thats the whole point of my post.
    Throwing my two cents into the community.

:Love all : RS
    • Like x 1
  2. Saint Nephew New Player

A Key to the rotation is timing the weapon buff with Talon Strike. The VWD makes my Perc jump about 3k for a small time ( enough to hit TS ). Without any other players buffs, my base perc is 49498. might is 57960. Single target in RW i can hit the bosses for at the highest 95k crit for TS. In 8 player content i've hit 140crit.
    • Like x 1
  3. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I would love to see some parses of your rotations. Any chance we could see a video of you hitting this rotation, showing gear, artifacts, and skill allocations?
  4. Saint Nephew New Player

Certainly. cant say when, but itll be posted here!
  5. Saint Nephew New Player

Just a snippet for my future reference

5% Health
    4% Power
    3% Precision

P.S. I do think these should be reversed, it a precision based artifact after all
    5% Precision
    4% Power
    3% Health
    • Like x 2
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

my artifacts of of choice, experimenting with: legionaires sparing AI / venom wrist dispenser / gem of horus

i see now why weapon buff is now active for 20 seconds along with talon strickes awkward looking 5 second timer: i allows you to use three times talon strike before you can use it again clipped with the weapon buff, with the cooldowns only slightly off, wich isnt that much troublesome because you have some time left to reactivate the buff before it wears off... if only VWD would hold longer

the worst thing about it, i allways thought was the cooldown of talon strike. i tend to loose the bleeding effect allways after hitting the enemy with a combo higher than 13 at the second rotationg... Would it realy have been to much to ask if devs included multiple options for talon strike, with different cooldowns, so you can clipp short an fast combos like brawling into shuriken storm or dual wield into bow...? does anyone else has the problem of loosing bleading all the time for a count of 13+?

sure they could balance it out just as they ballanced each and every other super power, giving it a value based on the different CD´s, adjusting power cost to 100 for a 1sec spammer (still to get used with short weapon combos only), making 200 a 3 second for maching it with other powers cooldown, giving 300 to 6 seconds and maybe 400 power cost for 12 seconds etc. maybe its just me at the moment, still figuring out how GoH is supposed to work, however:

QUESTION:
    i am not sure what "base dammage" even means. is it the highest amount one stats has,
    a combination of prec and weapon dammage, or does it even include might aswell?

SUGGESTION:
    make the bleeding get prolonged by hits higher than 13+
    its so awkward to use a break while attacking to match!

SUGGESTION:
    please give us multiple options for talon strikes, including: different power costs and especially one for short combos!
    not every weapon is the same you know, and it was an digg move to remove one of dual wields into flyrry shots ticks,
    JUST SO YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE IT FIT WITH A NEW ARTIFACT WICH NOONE EVEN SEEMS TO USE.
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

thats another thing ^ it realy seemed like a tank artifact to me at first,
    wich is why i just found out its true potential is for weapon dammage.
    looking at the stats, the precission it gives is lower than others aswell!
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

give me some time to get used to that strange CD,
    maybe there is something i don´t get about it yet?
    i see the potential, but i have a hard time using TS.
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

if talon strike is precission based, is its DOT based on base damage?
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s a weird ability. It will be a dot is used when you have a hit counter of 8-12 I think. And it will be a burst of used below 7 or over 13. Haven’t used it in a while so can’t remember if those are the exact numbers. It has a cooldown of 6 seconds I think. So if you are using it in aoe than you have to be careful to not go over. It was a fun little artifact to try out and definitely gave combo powers a little more flexibility with the loadout since most hard hitting abilities for combo powers are at the end of the combo. But it has been a while since I tried out the artifact so can’t really say how useful it is.
    • Like x 1
  11. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

I find it pretty fun managing my hit counter and varying my rotation. I assume when I get it to Level 200, I can probably JUST keep up in most situations, but it's certainly not optimal...Very fun, but probably wouldn't be the most efficient for Elite raid settings.
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

you know, i would realy like to know how the devs would have thought it to play out...
    wich weapon they thought it would fit best or if they tryed to make it fit to every weapon...
    (probably they did change DW into flurry shots combo counter to fit in with talon strike)

talon strike has a weird cool down anyways, i can´t realy make it work with most weapons.
    wich is why i would like to see how devs thought it would be best to use it, i can´t figure out...
    still saying: talon strike should better have a cool down of one second or get some options...
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

not sure if bleeding is supposed to get stopped,
    as a punishment to let the hit counter get to high.
    wich makes the long cooldown seem even worse.
    i would suggest to let the 13+ burst renew bleeding.
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

i could immagine the devs wanted TS to be an ALL IN ONE power.
    however, it appears to do nothing it should do realy well, am i right?

you cant use it with most weapons as a DOT clipped with weapon buff,
    because bleeding is only setting up after you do at least 7 hits before...

it also doesnt do well as burst over 13 hits using bleeding as its PI,
    because the PI gets lost if hitting with the burst along with the DOT.

i would prefair if talon strike would be splitted into two separate powers:
    one to be used as setup for bleeding and as a DOT clipped with the buff,
    then a second power for its burst, lower cooldown, 13+ prolongs bleeding

or was it planned to make talon strike as inconvinient as possible?
    maybe as a challenge so players would have to use it a certain way?
    keeping the combo counter strictly in a range of 7-12 or get penalty?
    making it allmost useless if you want to play with certain weapons...?
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

you could scratch that if you would split it into two powers,
    since now the DOT and PI is setup with the 12 second CD.
    that way, it would be playing as weapons are usualy played.
    might be just me, maybe i am not getting the point of it at all.
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

integral to the artifact is, that it breaks the combo string.
    wich can both improove or cripple the neck mods effect,
    beeing active for only 6 seconds after getting 9 or more.
    that means: after a long combo, you can refresh the buff.
    it also means: you will not be buffed if breaking to early.
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

you wouldn´t have to take away a tick from dual wield into flurry shot,
    if you had adjusted the bleeding effect just a little bit, say to a range of:
    burtst till 10 hits, setup bleeding from 10-20 hits, bursts again over 20...

YET ANOTHER SUGGESTION:

first hit with a WM <cw> TS sets up bleeding (or every WM does, like CoM effect)
    every next TS exploids bleeding and prolongs it (or stays active if WM´s set it up).
    burst damage of TS increases with combo counter: 1-5 low, 6-12 middle 13+ high.

REDUCE TALON STRIKES CD TO 1 SECOND!
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

why do i even care? i think its not a good artifact after testing it on live server for the last few weeks:
    the stats you gain are misserabe and the percentages you get are upside down and can´t compete.
    i see the potential, yet: i just cant work with talon strike as it is for its cooldown leave me with nothing.
  19. Jonny Active Player

What Ive noticed about GoH is that it loves clipping, it loves getting the precision high up and it loves power. Playing it with a stealth power and seems to have a smooth rotation but i am burning through my sodas. Maybe if they gave like a power return when u hit ur 13+ ?

Also, i dont know if transformation card is related with its crit, or if strategist card can be proced from the bleed but since they are all from the same dlc i assume they work with each other. So running it with them seems to be the best option, or even Eye of gemini (since we are in this meta) instead of strategist. I certainly do not love when my 13+ hit does not crit
  20. Saint Nephew New Player

They work with each other. I've been working alot so i havent been able to get on here as much, very much suprised that people are talking about it :)
    Im using Strat, GoH, and Trans. and for future testing/ possible adds LO i have VWD
    I've been using this the past few weeks and i can say that its a fairly decent ST artifact.

I havent been able to work much with my LO but RN but i have been able to tell the differnece in a smooth rotation with TS vs one that is wonky, a smooth one can get me hitting 55k on avg with a ST. (230sp, 140 strat)