Gearing up for PvP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Lipe82, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Lipe82 New Player

I really love being able to PVP with my created heroes and villains, however it seems that you don't get a chance at real PVP until you have masteed clipping and are all decked out in full t4 gear. I'mtrying to learn clipping at my own pace, while farming for marks for a T3 so I can hope for a T4... and damn it takes long.

Weirdly enough seems like PVP gear farming takes a LOT longer than PvE gear farming... I do a lot of Legend matches every day, and look at the marks counter and price of gear and it feels like this will just go nowhere.

Am I doing something wrong in here? Or the game really was designed to make you just give up PVP'ing on the way to getting ready for it?
    • Like x 1
  2. Mista E New Player

i suggest pvping with a group, it makes it much funner and less frustrating, but in all honesty this game is built to push people away from pvp, especialy with the recent updates. But come and join the 5v5 chat, people look for pvp groups in there at times, and alot of que syncing goes on. It freshens up the pvp experience sometimes.
    • Like x 1
  3. Im Charlie New Player

Idk the grind is pretty long on my alt but on my main as i was gearing up for t3 on my main i was using replay badges so i was gearing up for t4 at the same time. I'd suggest finding a good partner and doing batcave arenas even if u arent fully geared yet.
  4. Yallander Loyal Player

Gearing is a like a bell curve. At first you get the T0 and T1 in no time, then T2 and T3 seems to drag on as you gather the marks. Best way to overcome this is to mix it up a bit with Legends. Legends gives a good place to practice clips and different weapons without spending cash to respec your own character. Now regarding playing arenas, I put together this set of tips back where there was a PC Forums and shared it. You can also run Diamond Heist and/or Ring Wars for a quick mark. I don't believe in just doing legends to gear as it limits the times were you "could" win and gain Marks of Strategy as well as the exposure to competition that can make you better.

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/tips-for-casual-pvpers-to-improve.511/

These are some of the things that I learned while PVPing and it helped me to gain exposure to higher end PVP as well as make friends. Losing can be good so long as you use it for a learning tool and don't get stressed. Remember your goal at this time is to get better gear and understand YOUR character. So don't be afraid to ask questions, try new things and give it 100% even when the odds are against you.

--YZ
  5. PaperGirl New Player

YOu'r not doing anything wrong .
    Add weekly lockout on PVP gear is the worst thing SOE have made in this game , the worste .
    Pvp leagues are bored to fight people with low gear .
    New players don't have any chance against geared players/Premades , not any chance .
    Add to this the poor matchmaking system , that put groups with no healers no trollers in arenas , 0 logic in that , we'r asking since a longtime for SOE to change that .
    1 day we will be hear 1 day .
    The pvp is very good but everything around like gear farming , mods , pets , matchmaking , rewards , marks rate conversion is really bad .
  6. shiny mackerel Committed Player

PvE gear is a lot easier to get so when you start PvP you just feel so half-***** in T0,T1,T2.. I say go straight for the T3/T4 and use T4 PvE gear in arena for weekly box wins while you do most of your farming in legends
  7. Battle Man Committed Player

It's a long grind, and I used to be able to pug just fine until Suicide Squad was implemented.
    Heck, last night the game even turned mine back on!

Could have been all the disconnects I guess, but I know for a fact I had it turned off.
  8. OMG Well-Known Player

Do legends until you get your T3 set then start running arenas for the T4 gear. That is unless you have a group that will carry you through arenas...