Gamepads on PC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jamie, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Jamie New Player

What software do you guys use to map the controls to a gamepad? Do you know how similar the controls are to that of a Playstation? All of the issues with the Playstations is making me rethink about switching platforms.
  2. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I use an X-Box 360 wired controller on my PC with DCUO and don't need any extra software for it. It works great.
    • Like x 3
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It should map the buttons automatically the exact same as the PS3/4 mapping assuming you have a controller that looks similar/has a similar button layout.
  4. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I would like to help but I've never even seen a gamepad, let alone used one.
  5. Welcome2TheNhk New Player

This is a "Gamepad"
  6. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

7. AlyceKrow New Player

yes me too
  8. GregDawe New Player

I use a PS3 controller w/ DS3 tool. Works awesome
  9. Redscreen5 New Player

Used a PS3 troller
  10. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

11. Mad9 New Player

PS3 controller with DS3 Tool.
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I use the Logitech gamepad as well.

I see no difference when I play on PS3 or on PC.

I cream those who have similar gear then me or lower on both PC and PS3. Heck I even cream some who are overgeared compared to me.

Just yesterday I creamed multiple times some loser level 23 on PC with my level 7 gadget shield user. Heck he had to come back with his level 30 friend to be able to defeat me.

Whether I am using a gamepad does not seem to matter.

Win some... lose some.
  13. Random Redshirt Well-Known Player

Myself, I use the PC-Xbox 360 controller, because you plug it in, download the software pack from Microsoft, and never worry about it again.

My girlfriend bought a generic 360 copycat controller and had nothing but issues with it. She promptly returned it and bought the official 360 one, and never had a problem again.

When dealing with Windows, best to use their stuff. Tends to reduce problems.
  14. Korvyne Committed Player

I've used the official 360 and a good few different copycats, the only difference I found was the official one lasted longer. Don't remember having to dl anything with either of them, it just recognised it and off I went.
    But yea, easier to just stick to something ms recognises and stay away from the problems that can occur.
  15. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

i have a logitech gamepad too but the only time i use it in DCUO is respeccing. my loadout rotation is too fast for the controller. hehe.
  16. Jamie New Player

Thanks everyone. I wasn't aware that DCUO would map the controls automtically. I know some games require you to use 3rd party software to program them. Glad that DCUO isn't one of them.
  17. Sore Steadfast Player

PS3 Controller with DS3 Tool worked for me but I got pretty tired of the workarounds. PS4 Controller works out of the box. Glad I'm finally rid of DS3 Tool.