Gamebreaking

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jeel, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Jeel New Player

Some time ago I compiled a list of how I want sorcery powers to be changed in the coming power update. In it I wrote that I do not want transmutation changed in any way. Needless to say I am very disappointed to see what GU24 did to this power. It was one of my favourites. Not for its healing or damaging potential but because it was fun to use. I enjoyed it in most instances and situations. Sometimes it made the game easier, sometimes more fun. Now it can't even break an orange healing barrel.

I don't care if I am top healer or the best damage dealer. I don't care about fotm and I definitely don't care about the clownbox/transmutation/shock soders combo. I never used it but it seems to be the sole reason why transmutation has been broken. I also don't know who to blame. Developers who can't fix issues in the game without screwing up, bad damage dealers who can't keep up without using so called exploits, pvpers who can't learn to play and want everything remotely useful and fun removed from the game or scoreboard watchers who need numbers to feed their egos. All I know is that one of the things that made this game fun to play has been destroyed and the fact is I haven't read a single satisfying explanation coming from someone in charge to this so called fix.

The making of transmutation into a more or less useless power is in itself not a gamebreaking issue for me. I will not stop playing because of it. Considering all the posts I read about how sorcery is too powerful in one way or another I don't have much hope regarding the nature and sorcery update though and frankly if things like these keep adding up I don't know how much longer dcuo will entertain me enough.

I want transmutation back the way it was. Just stop the damage it does to objects from registering on the scoreboard and prevent it from breaking the clownbox.
    • Like x 6
  2. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

While I agree that Transmute is useless now, the way I see it is that they will likely remove it from the game as they did with FIre's Consume Objects. However, this is far, far from game breaking. If you are to consider quitting over the removal of one power then I...I don't even know what to say. :eek:
    • Like x 1
  3. Zpirit Dedicated Player

He isnt quitting over one power, he stated that if the devs, continue to break sorcery, then the game will no longer interest him, and he will leave, as will I.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mutany New Player

So pretty much people are upset because they made it to where you can't break the stupid clown box right away in pvp...heh.
  5. renzhe New Player

:(
  6. djluxi New Player

Wow...op even if you have some valid point somewhere in your post i couldnt get pass all the I WANT , I WROTE HOW I WANT IT, I DO NOT WANT... you sound like a little spoiled brat. Ever considered maybe like calming your tone, an maybe use some less absolute terms as: i fell, or i think or even maybe in my oppinion etc.... see all of those are gonna help you get your point accross to a lot more people and are gonna make you look more mature then this i want stuff.

And to stuff like: here is a list of demands i made if u r not gonna make em come true i quit all i say is... bye... cause i really dont want people like that ingame... those are the folks that are the 1st to rage quit when something goes wrong.... those are the folks that are the 1st to yell gib meh power or healzzz ffs!!!
  7. Annataz Arataz New Player

Agreeing here with the OP. In the beginning DCUO tooted it's "state-of-the-art physics engine " https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/overview.vm it appears they are taking a step back from their original intent. Every powerset and movement mode has their unique special way of interacting with the environment. i.e. Mental and it's ability to throw objects with TK.

The fun part of sorcery and one of the most common requests I've received especially when running FOS1 was "please add Transmutate to your loadout so we can all get the feat." The minute the community learned it was not to their favor with the Clownbox exploit the ultimate flood of QQ drove the devs to nerf Transmutate (although originally Mepps declared it was working as intended).

I actually understand and get the clownbox QQ, but the fix should have been to clownbox not Transmutate. I'm a Sorcerer and one of the compelling references to magic is the ability to blow things up on command, with this nerf I'm feeling like Burt Wonderstone here.

I suggest a petition to return Transmutate to normal and get a legitimate fix for Clownbox if that means removing it from Iconics until you guys figure it out then by all means. Gadgets rarely used it and I'm sure they wont miss it that much either.

As for me if I want to use Clownbox I'll just play with my Legends Joker.\

I digress

Let the trolling begin...

• Like x 5
  8. JessTier New Player

Personally my opinion is, what's breaks the game is players using exploits in general so turn your attention to THEM not the powers.
    • Like x 3
  9. Lokkii Committed Player

this fix hardlyt broke sorcery, and is far from sorcerys biggest problem, the update for nature and sorc will come soon, hold your tears until then.
  10. YodaDog New Player

I believe the OP explicitly said that wasnt his/her problem with it..
  11. SlayingDaimon New Player

You are making unnecessary assumptions. In my opinion, you seem to be the one coming off as immature.

On the bright side when the revamp comes up we get to put our input into how we want things to be changed. My first suggestion is going to be switching summon guardian and soul wells position, switching fury with wrath, and then making upgrading/fixing every other power on the summoning tree because they are almost all broke except for boon.
  12. Zpirit Dedicated Player

First of all, i said "continue to break" as in they KEEP nerfing sorcery, and we sorcery should fear the sorcery nature update, if it is anything like what they did to mental/fire in the mental/gadgets & fire/ice updates. Fire and mental took some really unnecessary nerfs, i hope they dont continue nerfing powers, especially with sorcery and nature next up, " fixing " which i think could be another nerf to us sorcery, possibly crippling sorcery players. Instead of fixing ice's frostblast, they brought fireburst DOWN to its level, i believe the devs are scared to make any really good changes towards power, for they would face more qqers, crying for more nerfs. It is just sad really. Second, my tears? i'm not complaining really, just praying/hoping/wanting to believe, they wont totally break sorcery, or make us less than we are ( weak/weaker) and possibly obsolete, to premade pvp groups, and shunned by raid groups, because we might get nerfed so bad, nobody would want a sorcery healer in their group, as electric & nature could be considered the best healer combo. I remember a time when some ppl wouldnt run with an electric healer, a earth tank, or a HL troller, because ppl thought they sucked, because they didnt understand, the powerset, but if they nerf us anymore eventually/ continually than, we might one day become futile.
  13. Dreadwolf New Player

I just don't understand why they couldn't nerf the damage on clownbox instead?
    Transmutation has always been an itembreaker, and the "fake" damage from the clownbox that is registered on the scoreboard just furthers my point that the issue does not lie in transmutation..
  14. Sytenia Committed Player

This.
    You have those that were abusing it to thank for the change.
  15. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Like I said, I agree that they didn't have to break transmute but a lot of people seem to ignore the fact that the Clown Box was originally never intended for anyone other than Gadgets to use. So for all the people saying we got "Nerfed", how can you complain about something that wasn't originally there or supposed to be there, being removed? Sure, Transmute could still pop a Gadg's Clown Box but the whole self-exploding aspect was never intended and clearly the devs didn't even think of it being used that way before they made it Iconic.

As is right now, Transmutation really is just a useless power and I'm sure it will be removed with the Sorc Revamp or altered in some way. I'm not happy with the change to it but as Jesstier said, as well as I with the Fire update, the players and community are the cause for these things happening. I recall someone asking how to do Gadg's little mischief in the LFG last night.
  16. Old Gravyleg New Player

I can't help but agree with the OP.

If trans is making fake damage on the scoreboard, stop it from counting damage from objects or just leave it. Fake damage doesn't hurt anyone except hl/gad scoreboard watchers.

If clownbox is exploding too fast in pvp, make it so it can't be exploded for four seconds.

Removing the single use of a power was not the right answer.
    • Like x 2
  17. Humane Committed Player

They just caved in to all the QQ's, and this AFTER they said it was working as intended, which is what I find funny....
    Personally I don't care, even though my main is a sorc. What concerns me, and has also been mentioned in this thread, is the upcoming revamp. I like my sorc healer the way he is, I see no real reason to change anything, other than the fact that sometimes, if you are hit the second you are trying to summon the circle, it doesn't go off yet it goes on cooldown.
    I would prefer no update to the power, especially since I am certain it will be a nerf rather than a "revamp".
  18. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Since I think this topic needs more attention, I quote what I posted about it in another thread before.

19. TrueMarvel New Player

When and if you leave can TrueSpiderman get your stuff please
  20. Syrie New Player

Sorcery needs a DPS overhaul, Im sure we can all agree! We need more AOE attacks, and weapon of destiny should really last longer. Those are a couple of good places to start. Also would it kill you guys to give us sorcery users a decent DPS supercharge.. like seriously I think we have the lamest ones