game won't install

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by CaptainC83, Feb 18, 2018.

1. CaptainC83 New Player

I've been having this issue for a while now. At first I thought it was my aging computer but I'm having trouble on my new one as well.

I can get to the launcher alright but when it starts installing, the launcher just suddenly quits.

[IMG]
    However it appears to keep running in the background according to Task Manager. I've asked the Help desk numerous times and they've been unable to figure out a solution. Does anyone know what's going on?
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Can't install DCUO either.

At some point just a couple days ago... the game would no longer start on my PC.
    Was overdue to do some maintenance..... so decided to reset my PC and then do a fresh new clean DCUO install.

The install crashed at like 2.6% of installation.

And then now if I try to restart the DCUO launcher..... it opens and crashes right away.

A little help?? please???
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

When this happens for me I just reopen and sometimes it's stays open. I believe someone awhile ago said something about switching server to EU to finish their updates
    • Like x 2
  4. tioalbert Well-Known Player

Try the following:

1-use antivirus.

2-use antimalwarebytes.

3-delete Internet history.

4-to ensure a clean uninstall, (W + R and type% appdata%) after writing the above you will see a window with list of programs.

If you really uninstalled right on that list it should not appear, not even daybrake.

5-in addition to uninstallation dcuo also deletes old executor and download it again.

There are 3 other steps to delete temporary files, but I hope that the above will work for you.
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Did a PC reset and a fresh new DCUO install...... did not work. :(
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

This typically means...
    A: It is not the right launchpad
    B: security software, malware or windows is termination the launchpad or the Awesomium process

A: Download from Daybreak Games or Steam
    B: Look into your security software and Windows permissions. Without security software, malware might be messing with the launchpad.

On a freshly installed PC, especially WINDOWS 10 update Windows and install from www.microsoft.com
    • Directx 9
    • NET Framework
    • C++ Runtime Library
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Got some help from support.

I have Windows 10 on my PC.

To install.... I deleted all the DCUO files from my PC.

Installed the game on the EU server (even if I play on the US server)....
    The game installed fine.... bypassing whatever issue that made it crash if I install it on the US server.

Once installed I switched back to the US server...... and now all works fine.

Now time to do the happy dance. :) :)
  8. SpecTOP New Player

how do you switch to euro server?
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

If PC use the game launcher. PS console .....I have no clue.

Click the hammer / wrench button at the bottom left of the box.
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Open launch pad, go bottom left to US servers, click on it. That will bring you to server selection or aka game version, click the US servers and it will show the two servers, click EU server, then apply
  11. JL and Beyond New Player

Try uninstalling all the files then reinstalling it. This is what happened to me also.