Game Update 38 Launches Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael New Player

thx for reply. I imagine AM better for adds for more hp. and WM with adds with lower hp. Basically the same way i've been playing with my nature too. I for one loved the earth revamp and can't wait for electric revamp. I think its silly to hate on the electric revamp ( which even earth users envied and many were initally excited for) just because of WM crit exclusive on one superpower.

Good job Devs & can't wait to see Gu 39 on test!
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

From Spytles Twitzky: "How you use WM or AM is what makes the difference for your DPS. That being said, AMs do more damage than WM by a thin margin. #livedata"

Its wrong, and its been shown several times on these forums why. Anybody with two eyes can see that WM is severely overpowered in comparison to every AM available, but even beyond just the eye test, Remander's chart the other day was phenomenal in breaking down the damage.

No matter what their data and internal tests show, they're wrong.
    • Like x 11
  3. winter13 New Player

Get back to me when celestial is one of the bottom 3 DPS powers in the game for 2+years (like sorcery was) before you start complaining about other powers.
    • Like x 6
  4. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Looks like some can't read and under stand the & more part lol
    • Like x 1
  5. krimzonk Committed Player

Well I for one will not be buying a respec token and neither will everyone of the HL guys/girls run with in-game. And if I am being honest at lot of HL players I know were waiting for this so called 'revamp' to re-sub again...guess that's not happening...I refuse to pay them money when they single handily destroyed one of the most enjoyable and popular powers in the game to dust and refuse to fix it for both controllers and dps'.

Like you stated they said HL is 'Top Tier' and also said and I quote "Hard Light already has its awesome mechanic, combo's and its working fine." Really devs? You try go up against a HL dps who ONLY uses Weapon Mastery combos vs a HL dps who ONLY uses construct combos. I am 100% certain WM will blow you away. Lazy, lazy stuff from the dev team.
    • Like x 9
  6. junglejim New Player

Best of luck with that buddy. Over on eu MASS TERROR will be 1st worldwide

Get those epeens out boys time to measure up
    • Like x 1
  7. Lacedog Loyal Player

i liked the earth revamp too. i still think there are tweaks that could be made, but its a ton better than it was before.

but as far as am vs wm goes, im only using am (crystal) on things i am overgeared for aka enemies that are gonna die fast either way. wm is better for anything else from what ive found.
    • Like x 2
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

whos that guy spytle?
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Cant even understand how some1 makes a statement like this. We asked for the placement of inspiration to be changed and it was posted by many many people and we never got a single response about it. When they start a wip thread to revamp a power and ask for our feedback and then ignore what the majority is saying and not give any response it shows me and many others they just dont listen to us.

I highly doubt limited resources or hardware has anything to do with posting a reply as to why they ignored the majority feedback on this subject.
    • Like x 4
  10. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Im not sure if anyones mentioned this yet but the Devs already stated that GU38 was to be primarily Electric rebalancing and slight tweaks to powers while GU39 is to include the additional HL rebalances.

These ignored feedback changes are actually still coming.
  11. Novaks New Player

[IMG] it's Jeremy Renner...
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, I'm overall happy with the Earth revamp. I'd greedily like a minor tweak here and there, but it made huge strides. By making Electricity like Nature, they basically weakened the powerset. We could already stack DoTs manually on live AND get the WM bonus. Now, we'll be able to combine, spread, and refresh 3/4 of those DoTs, but lose the WM bonus and without any significant damage increases to the DoTs themselves. What's "awesome" about that? The biggest change from a DPS standpoint was to Static Push. By making it max range and capable of providing it's own PI, it's now a great burst power. Of course, that also means you just need it and WM, really.
    • Like x 3
  13. BigAl Devoted Player

This, right here. And SM and generator improvements as well.
    • Like x 1
  14. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Yea that him when he finds out Aquaman is in the Superman and Batman movie but he gets all sad when he finds out theres no Aquaman singing in the movie.
  15. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Can't see opponents in pvp
    Usps3
    Anything in the update for that ?
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

They may say AM is beating WM by a thin margin on live but i have a very hard time believing that. But i will test it out for sure.
  17. krimzonk Committed Player

It would be nice if a dev could clarify this asap.
    • Like x 2
  18. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

where do I go to get information and details about update 38
  19. Lacedog Loyal Player

if they would have just changed the powercosts, cooldowns, and wired, and static push, how awesome would electric be?
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Have they said what the price of the teleporter is yet?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.