Game Update 36 and Balancing DCUO

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo Synapse Well-Known Player

Is there a hierarchy chosen as yet? I'm assuming since WIP threads for Electricity and Earth are current, those will be the first two to reach that awesome level. Regardless, this is welcome news. Many people were concerned that the advantage spoken about for HL, Cele and Rage were unfair. I think this may assuage many. Loving it!
    • Like x 1
  2. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I'm sorry but all powers shouldn't be equal there should be some that in the right hands do amazing stuff if your working to make everything equal your working to destroy whats great about this game . In all honesty you would be better off just doing away with all the power trees and making them iconics and having a system for heroes called "Dail H for Hero and a "Amazo" for villains were you pick what powers you want if there all the same then none of them are special.
    • Like x 3
  3. ChaosInternational New Player

It's probably easier and more efficient to remove those risk/rewards for those 3 powers until the rest can be given theirs. Idk why the devs chose the long and arduous route of revamping all the powers when only 3 needed the attention. Instead of brining those down to meet the rest, you're keeping them at the top and then trying to bring the rest up.
    • Like x 1
  4. petzer New Player

I couldn't read your post through the blood in my eyes
    • Like x 7
  5. Zim New Player

Not to derail the thread but i just have to say I couldn't agree with you more. I think it was a bad decision by the devs to open up a dialog with the forums on how to improve this game. I think they are listening too much. AND I was one of the nit wits who was on their case early on for not listening to the players more. Boy was I wrong.

Not only has this method lead us down this path of the combat revamp. But it has also caused a giant division between the so called elite and casual player base. Each side blaming the other for every which way the game is going.
    • Like x 8
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

Shouldn't Sorcery's Pet Powering Mechanic be considered a special mechanic? or are you guys thinking about something deeper?

It should resolve around pets imo.
  7. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Yea so
    Yea sorry bout that....I'm on my iPad....I would try to redo it but I'm on my ipad and I don't know how to copy and paste it and fix it
  8. ThatGuyLee Committed Player

A great vision you guys have and i hope it all turns out how you make it sound, however (hate to be the broken record but...) do you expect HL dps to function after GU36 sure i could troll until everything is all done but who knows when that will be. I dont mind trolling to an extent but i dont want to shout as HL dps only to not get picked up or kicked from groups. Basically i dont wanna get the pre-revamp sorcery treatment
  9. KO84 New Player

Okay. Then I vote that whatever power you use, is the weak one.
    • Like x 11
  10. FearTheLight New Player

I don't get it... Is HL ready for GU36? It is far from good and definitely not "great" and for sure it isn't "awesome"

You say that internal testing shows that it is amongst the top 3, but every single real HL player says it is amongst the worst dps powers. Is there any planned adjustments for HL before GU36?
  11. Jay1324owl New Player

I honestly that believe that electricity should be in the top 3 because I am both a 100 cr electricity DPS and Healer and it was difficult at first to be an electric DPS because you have to use the right combinations to ensure that you are doing damage to your enemies or else it is going to be very difficult. I also have a problem because being an electric person you don't do that much damage on a one-on-one person but it is great but can be better at hitting groups of enemies. I really do believe it should b top 3 because you need to be careful at being a DPS more than being a celestial DPS.
  12. Grid Ion Committed Player

I am sorry but today I can say that I have completely lost faith in you guys. Calling celestial and Rage riskier powersets just confirms that you have little to almost no knowledge of your own game. Celestial being extremely power efficient with full range combos is risky? Rage not as power efficient but doing massive damage at full range with tons of survivability and on top of that the strongest SC in the game is risky ? Try to play Gadgets mid-range keeping your dots up for foam and fear gas all the time and then tell how risky and extremely challenging that is.

HL being in the top 3 ? What ? For real ? I mean this has got to be a joke because HL on test is far from being in the Top 3 dps power.

So basically before you guys add those so called 'awesome power mechanics' to the remaining powersets, we will have to buy the DLC for the WM to stay competitive ? Well of course now it all makes sense and why you completely broke the clipping. All this was for WM and I was right all along. And no sorry I don't want to wait for 6-8 months before you guys can introduce those awesome power mechanics for the remaining 9 powersets. Why ? Because I don't trust you guys at all atm. I am sorry to say this.

I really, really liked DCUO. Like a lot. You guys just ruined it for me. Haven't logged in for 3 days already. No point honing my dps skills when I know everything I learned in the past 3 years will be void soon.

As of now I am going to let my sub expire. I'll probably be back someday in the future or maybe never. Best of luck to you guys and I really hope DCUO shines once again.
    • Like x 23
  13. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

I really think that the game in already balanced except for earth and electricity....even though some powers now can jump clip and front load some damage

hard light doesn't have any power interactions so the speed and jump clipping help them keep up with other powers

gadgets has fear gas that they can jump clip and photon blast as well as all there power interactions that help them keep up with other powers

nature u can't jump clip anything but there dots and carnage as well as there burst damage updated moves really make them keep up with other powers

celestial has there 2 awesome combos...plague into divine light and retribution whither combo that make them keep up with other powers

mental has all there dots and a great 35 or below power as well as power interactions that help them keep up with other powers

quantum has a lot of burst damage and power interactions as well as a good 35 or below move to keep up with other good powers

fire and ice are slower but have 60 percent move and heavy aoe damage as well as a good 35 below move and good power interactions to keep up with other powers....the problem with fire and ice sometimes is if the adds die before u get of ur frost blast or mass det ur damage will suffer....but still are great powers

all these powers are already pretty much balanced....all have different things to make them good DPS powers and all are really unique

The problem is that electricity and earth...all they need are better power interactions or more power interactions and some buffs to some of there powers

I think that people think there is imbalance in the powers cause u don't know how to use the powers to there full potential and really haven't mastered them....some powers are easier than others to master and that's why I think a lot of people aren't really playing fire ice mental and quantum on the DPS side...while rage celestial are easiest to master and a lot of people play them

For hard light this power is unique in itself....the faster u can jump clip and combo the better ur gonna be since there are no power interactions and they don't have a good 35 or below

With all this being said I do understand that u can balance all the powers like u are spytle but I think a lot of the players like the gameplay the way it is now....like the jump clipping...and like the fast paced and unique way each other powers can be mastered....if u get rid of jump canceling and slow down and speed up all the powers from all the powersets it gets rid of the uniqueness of the powersets and kinda dulls things and slow the fast paced damage that we all like to do

Well...I love the game spytle and have been playing since day 1...and have never played a game better than dcuo in my life....I give u guys a hard time a lot...but I'm just really passionate about the game and put a lot of time money and effort into the game....I just think that u guys need to make all these changes to every power in the game to achieve balance

I think they are already balanced...except for earth and electricity obviously....I think u guys could achieve balance through what ur doing but it's gonna take a long time and a lot of work and a lot patches....I'm my opinion all u really need to do is revamp earth and electricity and make them up to par with the others like u revamped sorcery and nature recently....that was a great revamp and really put sorcery and nature up there with the other powers

Finally I think that the precision based mods and might based mods should be adjusted...if u buff the might mods just a little bit I think that we will have even more balance....thanks for listining to this long rant and I hope that everything works out with the balancing and weapon mastery in the end....

There I made some paragraphs to make It easier to read...sorry bout that...
  14. FearTheLight New Player

They are saying that HL, Rage and Celestial should be top 3 because they have greater risk, not difficulty to play. The risk in HL and Rage being knocked down to many of their moves being vulnerable to block and interrupt. Celestial, because it's combos have a "channeling" phase that leave you open for a long time unable to block and CCs ruin the combo thus reducing your damage out by alot. These classes will also have much less of an advantage after GU36 and also not be able to utilize weapon mastery like the other 9 classes can. They also said that these classes will have less of an "advantage" once gu36 drops. You pretty much will have to play a perfect game to beat a player with WM after gu36. Not to mention pvp, where those 3 powers have problems with vulnerability to blocks and interrupts much more than in pve. High risk, high reward, although I see HL with all the risk now but no reward with its terrible damge in test
  15. Captain Liberty Developer

We're not saying that Earth is at the "Awesome" level currently - but it has an existing mechanic (combos) that can be buffed during the planned Earth balance pass to help bring it inline with the current Big 3.
    • Like x 13
  16. ChaosInternational New Player

Nobody has sufficiently explained what makes those 3 powers "riskier" than the rest. Everyone gets interrupted and blocked depending on how they utilize their weapons and rotations so selecting 3 and keeping them superior is favoritism at this point. So again, what's so risky about the "big 3"?
    • Like x 1
  17. Crimson Jonni New Player

• Like x 8
  18. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

While this is rather good news it may make a majority of people flock to Sorcery, Nature or Mental until these other powers are "fixed". Given the fact that it will be a long process there may not be much diversity in game which is odd because I would've thought all of this would encourage people to play all the powers :confused:.
    • Like x 1
  19. TrueOlympus New Player

GOOD NEWS EARTH PLAYERS!!!

So... you have any good fire news? because in terms of "great execution" powers, it is probably the worst of the best.

P.S. If i can get a response to anything Fire Related..... i will say sorry for all the bad stuff I said about you Devs
    • Like x 6
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

I agree with the last statement. The most effective abilities in Gadgets for D.P.S. are limited in range. Getting close to bosses who can kill you, even if you pay attention to boss tells & warnings, is risky.
    Just throwing in the amount of power required to D.P.S with Gadgets to stay competitive is unattractive.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.