Game keeps crashing when warping/switching zones

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zamara, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Zamara Dedicated Player

I'm playing on PS4, just went through all my alts doing the vault and crashed 4 times out of 7 when leaving the vault and once when logging in, this has ben happening a lot lately while going from one place to another or when leaving an instance. I'll go in a portal and get a black screen then i get the error screen to report it and when i restart it'll log me back in without any issue.
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

Happens on PC as well. IIRC the problems started aound the Teen Titans Episode. Can't remember of a single crash I had during Deluge. After that it's 3-7 times depending on whether I play on a weekday or the weekends.

Most annoying thing for me is that when I play on fullscreen, I can't tab to the Crash Report window and I'm basically forced to log out of windows and logging back in.

But oh well, borderless windowmode is soo 2012 and because of that way too young for this game. :-/
    • Like x 2
  3. Zamara Dedicated Player

Yeah i had that happen when playing on pc too, at least the ps4 exits the game.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This has been happening to me for all of the 4.5 years I’ve been played this game. Sometimes it even happens when fleeing after being knocked out, which is yet another reason I don’t particularly appreciate difficult content. I even use the PS error code as a password for certain things because I literally have it memorised from seeing it so much. Fortunately it does seem to wax and wane, so all I can suggest is that you try to tough it out until it calms down again, because you will NEVER get any answers. :mad:
  5. Kid Quark Level 30

Have you recently upgraded to the Xfinity Gigabit Internet service? I had all sorts of issues with zoning and disconnects after my upgrade. This happened whether the PS4 was connected to wifi or hardwired. The new Arris modem didn't like to play well with online gaming. The solution was to put the modem in bridge mode and use a switch.

Just putting that out there as your symptoms sound a lot like the ones I had after my upgrade.
  6. Zamara Dedicated Player

Reviving this thread since this is still happening a lot and it's getting annoying.
    Most common thing i've been getting crashes on is when going to a portal that has more than 1 base linked to it, as soon as i press circle it'll crash. Curious thing is when getting back into the game and trying to interact with that same portal it actually works.
    The other crashes i've had were while getting warped to the vault or the stabilizer event and some occasional crashes when trying to pick a quest from an NPC. And this has been happening both when playing on PC and PS4. Had some random crashes too in the middle of a boss fight the game would just freeze.
    One thing i've noticed is that on PC when you crash the game sends the report directly to daybreak support but what about the PS4 crashes? When there's a crash on the PS4 the system closes the game on its own and then it takes you to the report system from sony to send a report to sony, do those reports make it to the devs? or do they just make it to sony's people? i see the devs are working on PC crashes as if they were just happening on PC but the crashes happen on both platforms almost as often. What i was thinking is maybe the crashes on PS4 don't get noticed by them since the error reports don't make it to them as the ones from PC do.
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Honestly you’re wasting your time. They either don’t know or don’t care.
    • Like x 1