Game Keeps Crashing - USPC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Oct 17, 2015.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'm trying to do the daily Halloween objective in Gotham, and the game has crashed twice on me (black command prompt appears and quickly disappears after generating some debugging info). Anyone else having issues today?

I cannot recall the last time the game actually crashed on me. Likely months or even over a year...

If it helps, my character was crossing northwest of the Burnley Nightclub. I believe it's the same location the villains use the ballista to shoot down the flying eagles in Gotham Under Siege, but this is in regular Gotham City.

Also, here is the debugging text:

If I login now, I have to select that character, and the game again crashes as soon as I hear an exobit in the vicinity.
  2. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

There's another thread about this. It's been happening to a few people, myself and a leaguemate. His started about 1:30 CST, mine about 30 minutes later. Still can't stay in for more than about 1 minute. Really irritating.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I'm on usps and having issues
    • Like x 1
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Great timing. Today's my last day of Legendary. ;)
  5. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

An exobit node is involved in mine as well. This game not only doesn't want me to run UM, it apparently doesn't want me to work on my gathering feat either.
    • Like x 2
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Went to the same area on another character - same crash. At least the game is consistent at being unstable in the same place.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

For players worried about crashing, stay away from region 4 on the following map:

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. SenateZ Active Player

Seth is exactly right. Stay clear of that area, if you're too curious about the crash then use a lowbie alt to experience it. It's a funny sight once you reach that spot, lots of disconnected folks, a character graveyard.
    • Like x 1
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Thank you for confirmation that others are seeing the same problem. I hope I can log in to my characters tomorrow. Sometimes these issues are fixed with the daily reset. If not, I will be submitting a ticket.
    • Like x 1
  10. niteravn Active Player

Add me to the list. I have two toons stuck there. Only 1 was exo hunting put in a ticket. Let's see how long it takes for them to get to this !
    • Like x 1
  11. Sbel Devoted Player

I hope they fix this bug sometime. It has been happening occasionally for months.
    • Like x 1
  12. Abadeer Well-Known Player

This always happens to me after every update since the DC alert launched, the screen turns white the game starts to stutter, then freeze and crashes. My game would crash every time I tried to enter Nexus and the DC alert.
    What fixed it for me was validating the games assets in the launcher. It seems to be caused by some corrupted game files.

Edit: if it's anything like mine there will be CRC mismatch errors while validating the games assets.
    • Like x 1
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The first thing I did was validate game assets. The game still crashes in the same zone. I have submitted a support ticket. I may also submit a bug report to the issue tracker.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

It's not that. Everyone who goes in that area crashes. If you go look the bodies are all there, though you'll barely see them before you crash too.
    • Like x 1
  15. niteravn Active Player

I submitted a ticket with a link to this forum. I also asked them to warp my two toons to their bases to get them out of the zone.
    • Like x 1
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  17. Polymerase Well-Known Player

Say hi to me in area 4 :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Backseid Devoted Player

Dammit! I wanna go look now!
    • Like x 1
  19. niteravn Active Player

trying to warp out but crash before I can
    • Like x 1
  20. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Same spot. Over by the hero rally point for Ace Chemicals. Just before I crashed (again), I noticed half a dozen dc'ed players. It's like the freaking Bermuda Triangle over there.
    • Like x 1