Game is wildly unbalanced yet again

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Empress_Orana, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I know this has nothing to do with the topic but what does exactly EOG stands for and what is EOG?
    • Like x 1
  2. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Its an acronym for Eye of Gemini
    • Like x 2
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I play gadgets might and i'm acrobatics not super speed(unless i equip my ring) and i do just fine.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

higher bob...
  5. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Don't you have some stabilizers to glitch?
    • Like x 7
  6. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Youre not top dps always. Ive seen you get smoked by quantum dps with 160 arts. I got screen shots to prove it.
    • Like x 1
  7. August Moon Well-Known Player

define doing just fine? legitimately, because i hear this phrase all the time on alot of discussion post and then it turns out the poster is 331 with 256 sp and cant even being to imagine holding a candle to some of the sweatiest prec dps out there
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You keep saying that but never provide proof. Please show screenshots. I’d love to see it.
    • Like x 1
  9. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

The community in general don't care about balance and you can see the responses in this thread they rather avoid a balance (It's been attempted before but never solved).

They know at END game, most DPS are prec users. It's a meta.

Aesthetically it looks weird to see someone do 4000000 hops like Cupid shooting it's bow and arrow at someone with a Flash move. If I would explain DCUO to someone and had a prec DPS on screen, a bow weapon combo should be stronger than superpowers.

Prec and Might should never be "equals". It make superpowers look on the same level as weapons which shouldn't be the case on a superhero game. Prec should be centered around for support roles to build meter. Letting it be a DPS meta is mindless free damage, of course a DW/Bow user will have high damage, look at the hit counter at the end of a Final Boss compared to a might DPS. They're atleast getting over 100-200 hits in within less time.

People can do whatever they want and I encourage them so we can learn these things. But this community really needs to stop trying to shut people up and have more open dialogue. Threads like this been done before, we know, but it's not like theres anything else going on with this game and not everyone who plays DCUO read the forums. Threads like this can help someone who's not familiar with the DPS meta. Allow people to talk without the obsession of ruling out what they got to say.

What OP is saying is valid.

Prec can stay how it is, but I'm always going to laugh to see spark body jumping like marbles hitting the floor with a bow. Apparently, Green Arrow's fanbase is bigger than we imagined. This is why elite content is funny to look at on YouTube because majority went prec and it's just the funniest rotation in the game in terms of aesthetics. It will always be to me lol
    • Like x 3
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Are any weapon attacks an AOE? https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/best-multiple-target-weapon.5591/
    Point being precision has fewer options for AOE damage. Powered ability attacks has more AOE damage options, no?

If it bleeds it KOs, single target beats AOE damage all day? A KO is a KO. They will all be KO'd.

I've been watching New World streams.... I'm tempted for the War gameplay aspect, but also, not tempted because the Chivalry 2 game exists. I'm get'n the Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning feels from seeing the PvP in New World, and the environment looks sooo pretty in that thar new game. OH! the crafting and the UI in general, SOOOO much better than DCUO and GW2
  11. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i have 440 sp 2 arts at 200 ,1 at 160, my cr is 344, my cyborg ally is maxed and my 2 support allies are level 6 and i do a lot of testing of my loadouts and work on rotations, i also don't use cheap exploits because i know they will just be nerfed down the road and i don't like crutches ,most of the time i am top dps or close to top dps
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Top AoE weapon combo is Brawling into Shuriken Storm.
  13. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Lucerne Active Player

So to sum up your, ah, argument, Batman shouldn't exist in DC, neither should any superheroes that use anything but eyebeams and the only acceptable look and feel for a superhero is to be a bootleg Vision. I dunno, that doesn't seem quite in the spirit of the DC universe for some reason...

Also,it's a hilarious hot take to try and say Precision builds shouldn't exist tin the same breath you pretend to encourage dialogue.

In the spirit of discussion, have you considered just going and playing the game your way instead of being neurotic about the bogeyman of precision users existing? It's not like there's PVP to cause actual balancing issues anymore.
    • Like x 1
  15. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The reality is no one really has an issue with Prec builds in general... they have an issue with Gadget Prec builds but won't specify out of fear of getting crucified by the forums users. Calling out how broken Gadget Prec can be, is like calling out Candyman in these parts of town.
    • Like x 2
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Candyman Candyman Candyman Candyman Candyman. Gadgets sucks.
    • Like x 1
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Totally. Every time Wonder Woman is one of the NPC's in a raid I always wanna say to her "Diana, that whole sword, shield and lasso thing is cute and all, but we're fighting actual sinister and cosmically powerful supervillians here. Why don't you sit this one out, go home, get some rest and we'll call you if we hear of any liquor store robberies or something. No, don't call us, we'll call you.
    • Like x 2
  18. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I feel like Batman would've been a better example.
  19. Lucerne Active Player

The BMX bandit can totally take on Angel Summoner without breaking a sweat. :p
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The scope of Batman's arsenal of weapons extend far beyond hand to hand combat weapons. He's got A.I robots, self-piloted aerial drones, a worldwide reaching A.I. surveillance network. etc. Also, there IS a set of combat abilities based on Batman and it ain't any of the weapons (hint: starts with G and rhymes with Badgets).

Meanwhile, Wonderwomans entire scope of combat options is covered by the one handed weapon, shield weapon, brawling weapon and the mesmerizing lasso iconic ability. But ultimately my point was to give one example on the long list of heroes in the DC Universe who primarily use hand held weapons for combat but are also powerful enough to hold their own against even the most powerful superpower characters.