Game freezing when changing zones

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by DCUO Addict, Dec 16, 2016.

1. DCUO Addict Committed Player

This has happened to two of my characters today. I was in Chinatown and went into the vault, and when I left the vault, the game froze. Then with a different character, I was doing the sewer mission in Typhon's Monster Invasion. After I beat the boss, I teleported out, and the game froze again. No loading screen. Just a blank screen, and I had to restart the program. I wasn't linkdead either time.

It does not happen every time I change zones.
    • Like x 3
  2. iCeDrAgOn Active Player

I have actually had this happen to me a few times on the PC version of the game where zoning it would just log me out saying that it had lost connection to the world server. there was one time that I do remember where it had crashed, the screen went black and there was an instance a little window that had popped up that had said "Can't find file" when that happened I verified the installation from the launcher no files were corrupted and or updated, but it also hasn't happened since. but the random disconnects on zoning are continuing.
    • Like x 1
  3. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Yup you def not the only one, and I notice it even worse when i go from UT first boss to the next area, most of the time it kicks me off.

Or when I'm done with seasonal event and use portal to leave area, kicks me out. Been doing that to most my lg as well
    • Like x 1
  4. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

It happened to me last night and again just now. Zoning screen appears, then the whole screen blacks out. I noted an error message when I Alt-Tabbed, something like "Error: File not found." I'm verifying game assets now before relaunching.
  5. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Yep, this, exactly. It's happened to me twice more. Once leaving the seasonal, and once leaving the walk-in for Riverside Hotel.
    • Like x 1
  6. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

Happened to me again. The error message is Can't Find File " . This time I got a crash screen that said it had trouble connecting to that instance, even though I was just zoning from Gotham Wastelands to the WT.
  7. Ully Committed Player

Devs, there's a nasty bug that is preventing players from switching zones without crashing. Using the teleporters is causing players to crash at random. It began yesterday and I've crashed at least 3 times today. I'm also getting the "File Not Found" prompt.
    • Like x 1
  8. UnFriendMe New Player

Just had the same thing happen.
    Server: US (PC if that's needed anymore).
    Faction: Hero
    • Like x 1
  9. PBCF Active Player

I'm having the same issue , not only is it freezing , but I get the pop up window of a little box saying file not found with an OK button , then it disconnects me. PC . This has happened when leaving my base , UT , the vault , the raising hades duo ... pretty much anywhere. Validating my files in hopes of fixing the issue , if it doesn't then Daybreak will have to get on the ball & fix this issue for everyone having this problem.
    • Like x 2
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

• Like x 1
  11. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Just got hit with this bug. Twice in succession. Once in an alert while changing zones, and another while trying to get into a safehouse.

This bug needs to be fixed ASAP PRONTO.
    • Like x 2
  12. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

Got hit a total of 20 times since yesterday this is a major bug that's needs fixing asap...I just had my final crash after complete Olympus tried zoning out crash and cldnt get back in period....so there goes my chance with this bounce coins be bcuz if we crashing how can we even get the benefit...
    • Like x 1
  13. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I think it's more likely to happen if I hit 'e' and then get impatient and move or hit 'e' again. When I patiently wait to telepot after hitting 'e', it doesn't happen. But I cold just be grasping at straws.

I can't log onto the bug tracker from my tablet, but I'll upvote this ASAP. Thanks for adding it!!
  14. Ultra_Kryptonian New Player

There doesn't appear to be a way to reproduce this, other than it happening every few teleports/zones.

The only verifiable information is it just started happening (to me, anyways) after the Booster Bundle update went live and that it always seems to happen when you are attempting to leave a zone/instance via a teleport circle. Frequency seems to be around 1 in 8 jumps that I've seen. And when in a group the error makes it appear you've logged out to others (you don't show as disconnected).

This has already been put in the Bug Tracker, and it is a major pain. Hopefully that find a patch soon.

Only other thing I can state is that I have not seen it happen when using the map teleport to go to bases or HQ. And I haven't had any incident when using a teleporter amenity in any of my personal bases (and I use this teleport method frequently). So far, only teleport rings. If anyone else has had different experiences than this, chime in.
    • Like x 1
  15. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

I have had it too. Always on a return from a mission for me, but where I was returning to has been Metropolis near Steelworks, my base, and the Hall of Doom.

Black screen and lock, alt-tab out to an error message Can't find file '' with two single quotes around no filename. So it sounds like the return zone is getting munged and the single quotes are showing this.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ultra_Kryptonian New Player

After I posted last night, I managed to avoid any more black screens of death by base warping every time I was leaving an instance. I'm not sure if I was just lucky or if this really gets around the bug, but it was nice not having to relog constantly.
  17. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Happening to me, too. Seems random. It's usually when I'm exiting an instance.
    • Like x 1
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

This has happened to me and every member of my league since friday. I even posted a thread on this a week earlier. I cannot believe it hasnt been acknowledged or addressed. File not found, black load screens, the game freezing and stuttering, and closing back to desktop is still going on. Entering a new zone i feel is a gamble because idk if i will actually get there. The zone unavailable is still going on too.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ultra_Kryptonian New Player

First time its happened when leaving The Vault today, so now it appears to be more widespread.

Also, this time it did not generate the black screen or "Missing File, can't read" error. It went to a DCUO disconnect screen.
    • Like x 1
  20. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I can confirm I also got a disconnect while leaving the vault today. It had the dialog box and black screen for me.

I'll note that I hit "E" to leave, and it didn't seem to do anything, so I hit "E" again. That's when it happened. On other alts I had the same lag - I hit "E" and nothing seemed to happen - but decided to wait a few seconds. In each case it went through, no disconnect. I kept thinking that I might have ended up with a disconnect if I hit "E" again, but I didn't do it to confirm.
    • Like x 1