Up-Votes Needed Game crash if idle too long and won't launch unless PC is restarted

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Leonite, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Leonite Well-Known Player

My casual dcuo gaming during daytime involves alt-tab-ing outside the game to do something else, okay most of the time, to do work stuff. If I stay idle in the game for too long, the game logs me out and I have to restart the game - this is fine. However, starting last week, when I get logged out, the game doesn't really log me out - it hangs. I then have to kill the game via Task Manager - no other way seems to work. But that's not the real problem. I often kill the game before via Task Manager but since last week, when I launch it after killing it, it won't let me because it can't detect my high-end graphics card anymore. It errors out with screenshot below and the only solution is to restart my laptop.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I think something went terribly wrong in the Jun 23 update.
  2. Leonite Well-Known Player

bump! just got this error today.
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

This isn't truly an issue with the game, actually. It''s a DirectX Issue. When this happens, it's the DirectX that has crashed, which makes Windows mistakenly act as if you never had a video card installed. You will notice that, upon this crash, you will not be able to run anything that runs on it, not DCUO, nor any game whatsoever. This affects your Intel Graphics Card. I had this glitch weeks ago with an unrelated software.

After restarting, and I'm 100% sure you use Windows 10, perform a sfm /scannow, then go for a dism/restorehealth, then download Intel's driver manager, install it and restart your pc. Be sure to update your system as well.
  4. Leonite Well-Known Player

Tried this and it didn't work.

I play other games in this laptop and they do not have this problem. it may not be the game crashing itself but it causes the graphics card crash which should not be normal.
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

Is your windows 100% updated? When I did that I tried those solutions then updated my O/S
  6. Leonite Well-Known Player

Yes, Windows is up-to-date. For now, my workaround to avoid a restart is to uninstall and reinstall the NVidia driver. If I don't have a lot of browser tabs open, I just restart anyway.