Gadgets vs mental

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rockin earth, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Rockin earth New Player

Hi there I'm thinking of switching powers and need opinions on which of these is a good troll/dps power in pvp and pve.
  2. Night hunterr Dedicated Player

Well tbh I think both powers are good for pvp. In dps, Gadgets might have a slight advantage in pve. As for trolling, I think mental might be better because of the shield SC.

Both are great powers overall. I say just go with the one that looks fun.:)
  3. DizKoNktD New Player

It's preference really. Mental is definitely a choice for trolling (Terror tendrils, psychic empowerment, etc.) While Gadget is good for DPS (Sticky bomb, Intimidation, Asphyxiation Gas, and so on) So it depends on what role you want to stick to ^.^
  4. Mrirrelevent21 New Player

I was going to ask the same thing. Is one better than the other for trolling or are they pretty much equal and just down to preference?
  5. Mighty Andross New Player

I'd prefer Mental to be honestly cause trolling is good and dps is good (depending on the raid). You can be top dps if the raid is primarily single bosses like wave.
    • Like x 1
  6. iLove Frannyyy New Player

It's what you prefer. IMO, I like gadgets because it's just right like it's not too fast paced like HL and not too slow like idk nature? As for controlling, yeah I would say mental because of the group shielding. They are both equal in trolling imo though.
  7. Rockin earth New Player

I troll more in pve but in pvp all I do is dps since that's all the gear I have
  8. iLove Frannyyy New Player

Gadgets
  9. DPRINCE New Player

gadgets all the way. mental is better at trolling but if ur gonna dps at all gadgets!
  10. The Hornet New Player

If you like to play damage dealer in pvp I'd suggest mental. I'm wearing DPS gear in troll stance here:

11. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Its all preference. Mental has a few more 8 and 4 man stuns but still splits at the same number of targets as gadgets. both have short animations(gadgets slightly faster). Mental has more far range power attacks(gadgets has more variety in range but is best in mid range). Mental has a 60% cast time power, Gadgets has photon(possibly the best finisher in game). Mental can turn enemies into ghost(only in PvE), Gadgets has turrets and a more useful version of stealth(mental also has stealth). Mental has encasement breakers, Gadgets can play off of others PI's easier. In the end its all preference. Both powers have variety and are very viable. Mental and gadgets both have burst attacks followed by DoT's(mental with more DoT slightly). I like both powers. All of the controller powersets are very balanced at the moment and work well.
    • Like x 1