Gadgets Tank

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ITony StarkI, Aug 18, 2017.

1. ITony StarkI Active Player

Honestly, after a few more runs in the past couple of days, I am noticing holographic decoy to actually be the least useful tool in my tank loadout. Yes at certain times it comes in handy as a back up but I may switch to running it for only boss fights with an abundance of adds like last boss in DWF, Grundy in US, Lex in Kandor Central Tower, etc.

Most bosses ignore it completely, and I haven't found a need for it in hallways because my taunt and 360 pull seem to handle mobs just fine.
  2. Shifty Committed Player

Honestly this is the coolest thing I've seen yet, I've been gadgets for years basically and it never occurred to me that I could try something like this
    • Like x 1
  3. ITony StarkI Active Player

Thanks. I've also used it in GOM for combo feats with my league, KCT, War Crimes, Saving Justice, and some T7 T6 raids just for fun. Oh, also comes in handy for all the Age of Justice bounties as well.

People at first, just asked me "why don't you just switch to a tank power if you wanna tank so bad?" then they saw me do it, and are glad I can switch to that build any time the occasion calls for it. I told them, "when a tank powerset, can also troll...I'll consider it" Lol.

I have been running with multiple different builds. I'm really in depth with my character, so I have 4 different main builds I carry. I like to think of it as (like the real ironman armor) I can reroute power in my suite to different systems depending on the situation.

Arc Reactor (battery troll)
    Weapons systems (battle troll)
    Thrusters (for speed and flight agility in combat, like grabbing objectives or pickups)
    Shields ( the tank build you witnessed in the video)
  4. ITony StarkI Active Player

Maybe soon, if my league lets me lol. We have multiple tanks, if we are running the harder content I'd rather do what I'm best at, trolling, and let the tanks do their job.

This is really fun, and I'm always up for the challenge, but I'm a team player. No worries though, my time will come to give it a shot.
  5. ITony StarkI Active Player

Anyone have succes trying this with a healer powerset yet? Had a guy send me a tell in-game said he was gonna give it a shot with nature.
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Any power that has multiple shields, and spec as a tank, can run this. Natures gorilla tank is much much better.
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Wanted to thank you all for stirring this up. Leaguemate pointed out how popular this was becoming. See if you can buy any battery fragments and how much the mass provocation consumables are going for.

My wallet thanks you all. :)
  9. ITony StarkI Active Player

10. FlreMint Active Player

;)

Likewise, with league support.

FireMint
    • Like x 1
  11. ITony StarkI Active Player