Gadgets Stealth Dovetail Bug - For Batuba

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ObsidianChill, Aug 3, 2019.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This one has been persistent since stats revamp and has a extreme negative effect on gadgets as it limits certain abilities to be used before stealth and in stealth and after stealth. Clipping EMP immediately into Stealth while out of combat causes the CD of EMP to glitch out until Stealth is re-used. It can also happen with other powers as well and the underlying issue is that the dovetail from EMP and or animation from powers like Cryo-field will immediately cancel stealth.

Go into the middle of the league hall etc and use Cryo-field and then hit stealth and despite you not being in combat nor hitting any targets it will cancel your stealth and the same happens in combat. Effectively this makes
    Cryo-field a useless ability because its a 12s dot which will last the duration on stealths cooldown. Also makes it so you can't clip EMP into stealth to use your stealth loadout, and if you do it will lock the power effectively making it useless for 12s until stealth comes back off cooldown.

Follow up with Cryo-field

In combat, EMP clipped immediately into Stealth will result in either an instant kick out where you don't even get to see the Stealth loadout appear at the bottom of your screen or it will glitch out the CD of EMP like it does out of combat. Cryo-foam's dovetail works similarly and has a short window before it kicks the user out of stealth even if the user is out of combat. Even if the player is fast enough to cast moves inside of stealth, they may not all register properly. This can be seen from the weapon buff that is used in Stealth. In the first clip with cryo, the weapon buff should produced a buff under the player's health/power bar indicating it is active. The second clip shows the player having the weapon buff etc. activated in Stealth but the player has no buffs up outside of Stealth like the previous time.

• Like x 1
  2. Sleepis4theRich Active Player

Do not want to make a new thread but @Batuba. Can you look into lag issues whenever mental or gadgets players go into stealth? it happens to me frequently when i play with gadgets or mental players and they use that move. im not sure if its a issue on my end or a bug in the game
    • Like x 1
  3. MiLady Well-Known Player

Thanks for the post. I have a gadgets toon and wondered why I would immediately go out of Stealth mode when I just entered it (during an intense combat). Also since I have the "enhanced stealth" mod in my gear.
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Same!!! My stealth keeps immediately canceling as soon as I activate it. I also have the "enhanced stealth" mod. Makes no difference. Stealth is broken!
  5. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

From what I've heard, it's PS specific and doesn't happen to PC people so it might hard for them to replicate.
  6. MiLady Well-Known Player

Im a PC player, so it happens there as well.
  7. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I haven't tried it in a little while, but this was also occurring with Terror Tendrils as Mental, the exact same thing with the cooldown-extending bug. @Batuba