Gadgets and Game Update 55

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WhiteW0lf, Dec 2, 2015.

1. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Is it just me or did the exact opposite of what they were going for happen here? Before the update, I would occasionally not get burst damage from the 3 PI setup, but I still did most of the time. Now, I'm not getting burst damage from it period. So instead of fixing the occasional glitch it had, it appears that they have instead just broken it all the way now.

Am I missing something here? I mean, I would love to know if I just missed some announcement where the 3 PI setup requires different powers or something.
  2. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

*waits for TheDark to reply*
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Not experiencing this personally. Gadgets is playing the best it's played since the AM was introduced, for me. I'm finally able to clip EMP with distract and hit EMP again, almost immediately and it finally does the proper damage.

I was able to keep up with 2 very talented DPS in terms of damage out, even though I'm not fully modded and I'm not very good at DPSing. I was expecting them to slaughter me and make me wish I hadn't bothered.
    • Like x 2
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

What rotation are you using exactly?

Note that the 3 PI setup has always required 3 different powers.
  5. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

*waits for TheDark to reply*
  6. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Well they definitely changed something else. The clipping ability is great and working as intended, but I am no longer getting burst from the 3 PI setup at all, so my damage has now substantially been reduced.
  7. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Yeah I know. I've been using the AM since it was introduced. My rotation is as follows (for the 3 PI setup)

Guass grenade, cryo foam clipped with battle display, fear gas (jump canceled), emp.

I tried switching emp with P-dart and switching guass grenade with sticky bomb but still got no burst damage.
  8. Perdition Committed Player

Try gauss, fear gas, cryofoam. It should work like that. I could be wrong but i think ive read something about that u need to apply the burning effect with fear gas in order to get the AM dmg. Something with applying a burning PI
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

Switch the order of Cryo Foam and Fear Gas.

The Burning applied by Cryo Foam is being counted as it's PI, so when you apply Burning with Fear Gas the game thinks you aren't applying a different PI from what you have already applied.

With them switched around Fear Gas's Burning will be counted first, and the Frostbitten from Cryo Foam will still count towards the 3 PIs.
  10. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I'll give it a shot. But why was this not a problem before the GU?
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

try switching cryo with fear gas, I was doing pretty decent dmg in DPE today at 144 :p
  12. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Turns out you were right, that fixed the problem. Very strange to me though that that was not a problem prior to the game update. Thank you though for the assistance.
  13. Absolix Loyal Player

It is something to do with how the game counts PIs now.

Before the enemy had to be Electrified to count the Burning from Fear Gas, but now Fear Gas mearly has to be used after a power that applies Electrified. If you hit an enemy not Electrified, but still use it after a power that applies it it will still count. If you have another player applying Electrified for you or use PI consumables it will no longer count Fear Gas's Burning.

It was meant to make it so that if an enemy died while applying PIs or if enemies moved to fast for some powers like Gauss Grenade and Napalm Grenade to hit that the PIs would still count.

They might be able to make it so that using Cryo Foam or Cryo Field will prioritize counting Frostbitten over Burning towards the 3 PIs if possible, but I'm not sure if they would make such a minor fix a priority.

In the meantime using Cryo Foam after Fear Gas or before you use a power that applies Electrified, like Cryo Foam > Gauss Grenade > Fear Gas, should work.
  14. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Yea I switched it around and it works now. I'm baffled I never had this issue before lol.
  15. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

That makes sense. Thanks for the help.
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Is Fear Gas superior? What advantages does it have over anything else? I tried to use it once, but kept ******* up the jump cancel, so I took it out of my load out and never looked back. Does it do more damage or something that warrants the extra work?
  17. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Well, it causes DOT and casts a panic effect. But other than that, no. It's just faster to me because I can jump cancel very quickly and its a quick way through my rotation. Just got used to using it a long time ago I guess.