Gadget Shields

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Heartsbane, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Heartsbane Committed Player

I am looking for advice on shields that work well for controlling. I want to know what everyone uses for that role and power.
  2. Chosen One New Player

The only one I have used is distract and I only use it really to pick up downed teammates it's also really good to get the hate off of you. I want to try out energy shield along with that new home turf mod, but havent done so yet. The only other one i use is the personal dampening field 4 consumable, but its mainly for clipping in dps stance. Hope that helps.
  3. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I've been spending most of my time in the last few weeks either soloing or duoing and Energy Shield has been great. Haven't tried it with the home turf mod on live, but tried it on test and it worked well for me.
  4. SlayingDaimon New Player

Energy shield is just a safety net. It doesn't prevent damage until your health is 35% and then it usually goes off late. It prevents the same amount of damage as hard light shield in the iconics tree but can be stripped by tanks. I would recommend using hard light shield or neural neutralizer with regenerative shielding. You don't get the heal from distract.
  5. Chosen One New Player

Neural neutralizer isnt included for whatever reason as well with the regenerative shielding. I wish it did then it would be a good safety net in a melee dps loadout.
  6. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I've never had a problem with Energy Shield going off late. Do you find that it happens in certain circumstances in particular? Is this PC or PS3?
  7. SlayingDaimon New Player

If you take to large a burst of damage while it's activating the shield itself will pop up but the damage will go through. It happens when getting focus fired or blocking one shot boss attacks sometimes. I don't use it because it's just not reliable enough and stick to either of the above. I like it when it works but when it doesn't it's just an annoying waste of power. This is on the PS3 and it's my personal experiences with it so it might not be common.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Thanks. I think I'm going to try and break it now :) Like I said before I'm pretty much only solo/duoing at the moment so I haven't run into that problem yet.
    • Like x 1
  9. SuperMia New Player

Exactly, I hate it too for the same reasons. I wish "Distract" or "Neural Neuralizer" worked with the "Regenerative Shield" mod...

On topic, as a controller I use "Distract" all the time. It has saved me countless times, and has never failed me in picking people up. It's also useful as a timer to get the double-tick when doing power over time.

XD
    • Like x 4