Future Lair

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by tukuan, Nov 5, 2020.

1. tukuan Devoted Player

For the love of all that's holy can we get a future themed lair this time around? In the big extra room have a built-in mission monitor and windows that look out to future metro.

For backup some of the legion recruits would round things out nicely.

Even better, but not likely not possible, replace the door outside with a time sphere.
    • Like x 7
  2. Heywiar Committed Player

I can't help but feel like this game has taken a serious interest in magic/arcane fairly recently. As a major tech buff, it can get pretty old. :shrug:
    • Like x 1
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I want an outside lair so when you're near the edge of a "room" you'll see Themyscira for instance. Randomly you'd see some superhero or villain fly by, a fight going on, etc..
    • Like x 3
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Until BoP I agreed and shared your sentiment. But BoP and now Legion has a ton of tech base items to offer. Some of styles trend more towards futuristic tech as well (though nothing comes close to enhanced bionic IMO). Today I was getting ready to sell the “Yellow Street Light” base item but then luckily clicked on the preview. I was like “that’s not a yellow street light (as we know them today), that’s an awesome futuristic techy light!! Sweeeeet!”

If we haven’t already we should hit the milestone for the deva to be granting us the Space Base as an Extra Life reward. Though it’s essentially the dive base with the tech base them and a giant window lookout upon planet Earth (like the Volcano base but our planet instead of magma). They did a really great job of the “earth from space” window but I know I’m not the only one who’ll be a little disappointed it’s the dive layout. It’s not so bad that it’s small as there should probably be more options for those that want a smaller base but the limits for amenities is utterly non-sensical. And who knows if the base pet glitch (which still has not been fixed) will transfer to the Space Base.

And that’s not even mentioning the livestream during the 2019 anniversary event where they released the Brainiac base (the 2nd large/Extra Room base theme after Atlantis) where they said the large bases had been worked on slowly over time and that they were at a point to where they were looking forward to releasing more themes in the near future...

I generally try to avoid posting full on rant and complaints which this has pretty much been. So to try and end on a positive-ish note...I do totally understand if the large extra room bases had to get put on the back-burner. It happens in business all the time, no biggie. I just wish they had at least made a statement about it after setting up the expectation. And as for the new “dive” layout themes, they’re awesome in design. We just need 2-3 more amenity spots (still less than standard base) for our base pets to be freed from whatever mind-control power has them stuck and spazzing out in place.
    • Like x 2
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

Sadly the dive lairs are just not an option for me. I loved the look of the volcano one but couldn't use it even with one of my minimal alts as it's just too small and not enough amenity ports.

Otherwise I agree and don't like to dump too much on the devs, especially given the current climate. That said I can't be the only one who'd drop dollars on more lairs and that's not counting what a new lair does to the economy as people buy items to stock them up. Those plus the fact that they create timesinks for players which in turn justifies subbing would hopefully place them a little higher on the priority list.
    • Like x 2
  6. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I wish they'd give a "large" version of any lair you've purchase to people for those of us who need more room but the current large base looks don't work. That way it wouldn't interrupt pvp base raid stuff and those of us who don't care about that at all could get that extra room on our nice, purchased, base looks.
    • Like x 1
  7. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

I just want a lair in some other city. I AM SICK & TIRED OF METROPOLIS AND GOTHAM!
    I could accept Metropolis and Gotham as those secondary maps, like Chaos, Metal Metro-battlezone with Mogo in the sky... but boy oh boy, 31st century metro? WHERE DO I SING THE LEASE??!!!!

Future metropolis has a lot of potential for this with a few minor tweaks.
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

I remember when the Wastelands came out I thought this would be an awesome idea. Who wouldn't want a base in the Wastelands esp when you were running it every day? Now I'm not so sure as I haven't been that map in years.

So with that in mind first, I don't think a lair needs to be in an Urgent Warfronts map to have that theme added. So I would totally love to see a Wastelands, Metro Battlezone, Thanagar etc. lair theme. It does circle back to the issue which would seem to be limited resources though.

That aside, second I would like something less permanent to what you are describing. Say a token, for a reasonable cost, to relocate your lair to a given urgent warfront. If you also want to roleplay and match the theme to the zone that's up to you, if not you can use if just for convenience.

That way it'd get the best of both worlds. We'd have what you are describing but also the ability to move on when that map becomes less relevant.
  9. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

Seems like the "gods" listened or you are just lucky :) Free Space themed lair today with "Let's Play: Extra Life!" giveaways. I haven't tested it yet but it sounds like just what you wanted.
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

Illum411 had mentioned this above but while I always appreciate free stuff this is based on the dive lair model. IE the one small room with only a few amenity nodes. I suspect they went with Dive so FTP players could use it as well as, which is admirable, but it's just not practical for use other than as a cosmetic extra lair.

EDIT: I should mention that it does give the space henchmen which is still pretty cool.