Future Episode: Tales From The Dark Multiverse

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanniu, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Kanniu Well-Known Player

With the release of the new Flashpoint one shot, I realized how interesting a dark multiverse episode would be since it would allow us to visit different stories in the DC without having to create a whole new episode revolving around those specific stories. So here's a rough draft of what I would like to see in a possible future episode. Feel free to contribute.
    Basic Rules:
    To Create a rough draft of the episode, I'll be following some rules keeping in mind previous episodes:
    • To create as little new textures and NPCs/Characters as possible
    • Following the basic layout of an episode, for this episode it will be a combination of age of justice and Wonderverse: Multiple Open World Areas, 1 solo, 1 alert and 1 raid.
    • Bounty Farming will be a part of the episode assuming the devs haven't given up on it
    Tales From the Dark Multiverse:
    Open World:
    The hub with all the vendors will be a small little planet with the universe in front of us. There will only be one NPC present here; Tempus Fuginaut who will serves as our introduction to the episode and will give us a single free mark similar to Black Canary and Wonder Woman in the previous episodes. There will also be two portals present here which will takes us to two different open world areas similar to age of justice
    Dark Multiverse: Hush's Gotham:
    The first open world is a rehashed version of Gotham but more militaristic in its looks. There will be 3 NPCs here; Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon and Tim Drake who all have the general missions; Kill Adds, Save people, fix something etc and a bounty mission. There will be 4 Open World Bosses Present here, Hush, Jason Todd, Penguin and Two-Face. The adds here will be the general adds present in Gotham and Batman-related episodes Mr Freeze and Riddler goons.
    Dark Multiverse: Blackest Night
    There will be two NPCs present here, Mr Miracle and Lobo. One will give a mission to kill a certain amount of Black Lanterns and the other to kill the one bounty present in this area; Nekron. The open area will be a rehashed version of Gotham Wastelands but less red-ish and more grey-ish in appearance similar and less big similar to the planet Lobo goes to in the comic.
    Solo:
    The solo will put us in the Dark Multiverse counterpart of the Death Of Superman. The adds here will be Lex Corp. The Sub Boss here will be Steel with us teaming up with a all new powerful version of Lois Lane to beat him and the final boss will be Hank Henshaw with us teaming up with Lois and the long haired version of Superman
    Alert:
    The alert will have us travel to the Dark Multiverse Version of the Judas Contract and team with a new updated version of Terra. The first boss will be Deathstroke and will have mechanics similar to those in the Teen Titans raid. The final boss will be Superman which who will have Heat Vision and Kryptonite Mechanics
    The Raid:
    The raid will put us in the Dark Multiverse Counterpart of Flashpoint. In the raid, we'll team up with Reverse Flash as he attempts to control the world. We travel to Atlantis where we fight adds and fight the first boss in the raid: Flashpoint Aquaman. From there we go to a cutscene where Reverse Flash starts talking to himself on a mountain and is attacked by Flashpoint Superman who is the 2nd Boss. After defeating him, Flashpoint Wonder Woman Arrives declaring that she has allied herself against Eobard Thawne and has made a deal with The New Gods. We fight against a bunch of Amazon and New God adds and our final fight is similar to that of the Monsters Of Metal Raid in Metal Part 1 in the sense that we don't have to kill the final boss(es). The final Boss has us fight against Flashpoint Wonder Woman and the new gods: Big Barda, Light Ray and Orion with Help from Flashpoint Batman in an attempt to hold them off so Reverse Flash can travel back in time.
    • Like x 2
  2. Wildcat Committed Player

nice idea ;)

I would like to see a classic Flash episode or episodes, all Flash villains like Savitar, Reverse Flash, Zoom, King Shark :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Kanniu Well-Known Player

They did say we'd see some speedster content soon. I just hope it isn't a new boss in the legion dlc, I want a new speedster episode :)
    • Like x 1
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

Well thought out but I have to say as someone who reads the comics I'm more than a little dark-multiversed out. It been four years of it in some fashion or another.

My absolute preference is that have another ep or two to flesh out the Legion content more fully, but as above some Flash content would also be great. With the episode brackets, I've also been thinking that we could do with another Atlantis episode as that was a such a good all around episode.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It would be cool if we could get a DM solo where the last boss is a 'dark' version of ourselves. Just use your character model(with maybe a darker set of colors) and powerset you use, but a preset amount of HP/Might/Defense appropriate for the level. Powers obviously could be set at the devs choices when designed (one set loadout per powerset), so it might not mirror your exact loadout, but it's the Dark Multiverse...in there maybe you made different playstyle choices.
    • Like x 1
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Where is the second Raid?
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

That'd make for a good duo and I don't think it'd have to be specific to the DM. They could even have you fight 1 or more of your alts, for people with no alts it could just be a random from a preset pool.
  8. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Don't have one. I'm assuming the devs are going to stick with the 1 raid formula