Further Account Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

Mepps told you directly that seeing a lot of XP doesn't mean anything because he's right.

Artifacts previously let you over feed with absolutely no restrictions, there was even a period where feeding an existing artifact in to another artifact could still crit.

People have moved and fed artifacts since their introduction and they're not always fed in even sums or levels and they're not always fed in double XP weekends and the like.

Seeing someone with an 'overloaded artifact' doesn't mean they cheated and you should steer clear from accusing them of such

Your assumptions on that part are incorrect and misplaced, you must be new because if you knew the history of artifacts since their introduction and how this all worked, you'd know the errors in what you're saying.

The more you know though and now you do, you're welcome ;)

I'm definitely not an advocate for these people that glitched these artifacts, but inspecting someone and just assuming they're a cheat is kind of silly and if you thought they were in any case then report them.
    • Like x 3
  2. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I think the general understanding is that “repeat offenders” are accounts that often take advantage of glitches. In the real world, repeat offenders are those arrested many times for various crimes, not people who stab or shoot someone more than once. You have no idea what kind of internal lists there are of people who are known repeat offenders.
  3. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I'm still perplexed by this attitude of "resetting their artifacts is too harsh, but they should be permabanned" I've had it explained to me, and I get the point, although the logic that gets you there is kind of wild. I suspect a big part of the thinking behind this punishment is the idea of restitution. Reset players will do one of two things, one, never play again, or pay to level up their artifacts again.
    • Like x 3
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

Reading all this back and forth, man, I dunno, I guess I'm just a black and white, cheating is cheating kind of guy. I DESPISE CHEATERS. Whether you think it only affects you in some cases, it always affects the entire game.

This takes me back to prime battleground and then origin crisis. I was kicked out of 2 leagues and lost friends, because I was the only person refusing to cheat, and made a big deal out of it. Using nature and ice, people cheesed through battleground, then quantum and joker box for OC. Sure, it got the group through the mission, but no one actually learned how to beat it, and when those exploits were found and removed, those people had no idea how to beat it. Luckily I found like minded people and we learned the mechanics and were beating the content consistently while all the cheaters were left complaining it was too hard. I honestly think, without those exploits back then, people would have learned the mechanics, and origin crisis wouldnt have been nerfed into the ground.

Same with the money glitches, and the economy we are forced to be a part of today.

Same with duplication glitches, and the richest players being billions above the average player.

Cheating, especially in an MMO, ruins games, and communities. I for one wish the devs would have banned people everytime, I think wed have a much better game today.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.