Further Account Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Further Account Actions Taken Today

After careful review, we have decided to move forward with the following actions to address the fallout from this exploit.

We will remove all exploited experience gains. Regardless of whether someone exploited a little or a lot, all items will have the exploited experience deducted from their current totals.

We will permanently ban the most egregious exploiters, repeat offenders, and dummy accounts made just for exploiting. This will be a much smaller number than we initially anticipated based on further investigation and because...

We will remove all experience on items that received exploited experience in excess of 10% of their total - for the currently suspended accounts, if those suspensions are not converted into permanent bans. That means those items will be reset to 0 experience and all progress will be lost. For most players/items, this is a tremendous loss of experience that far outweighs the attempted illegitimate gains.

We believe these actions send a strong message that we take this behavior seriously and that there are significant consequences for choosing to violate our terms of service.

We are not moving forward with the blanket permanent bans because of the nature of the exploit and the number of first-time offenders with high playtimes. In many ways, logging in to see your experience vaporized should be more devastating than simply moving on, and we believe this action is a more proportional response.

And Also Gifts!

Finally, the team wants to thank everyone who did not take part in this exploit and everyone who helped us track it down.

Exploiters were a small fraction of the community, but everyone had to deal with the disabled systems and confusion. We understand how frustrating those days after launch were and how frustrating it is the exploit made it to live in the first place.

So, everyone (not suspended) can log in to claim another free gift to help with fortification:
    • 6500 Ally Favor
    • 1 Reinforced Nth Metal
    • 1 Perfected Exobyte Mega Pack
    • 1 Seal of Completion
    • 2 Seal of Preservation Packs
    • 35 Source Marks
    Thank you again for your patience and support. Let's get back to saving the world.

Players must log in and claim this thank-you gift by January 19, 2022. Accounts currently suspended will remain suspended until January 20, 2022. No gifts for you.
    • Like x 63
  2. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Thats also good news !!
    Finaly no more gangester paradise !
    • Like x 1
  3. Lowest New Player

Thank you
  4. DcUniverse2011/2022 New Player

So, will the status-lvl be the same from the avatar i made after this.
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Does this mean those who are suspended get arts reset to 0
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

Now about those gold spammers...
    • Like x 6
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Basically, yes.
    • Like x 13
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Are permanently banned daily. Not related in any way to this thread.
    • Like x 11
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

This seems like a good all around compromise, no complaints here. Also cackling at the fine print.
    • Like x 11
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Thank you devs, for your actions! And thank you for the league hall donation box placement by the Atom! Been a tough end of year/start of year, but you guys are seemingly keeping it together, so, best I can say is thanks!

Don't forget the league hall donation box amenity idea (just take my money) lol!
    • Like x 4
  11. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

It would be amazing if you could put a permanent -50% xp gain modifier on all the suspended accounts. When we get double xp, they could be back to normal for the week.
    • Like x 6
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Always gotta read the fine print lol, I kinda surprised it was that polite though.
    • Like x 3
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That's evil. I approve.
    • Like x 11
  14. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Thank you for your resolvement .I just hope I can get back to doing styles (wich I Love doing) and enjoy life a little more again.This month has been utterly hard and toughtfull (very little sleep).I have had a long love/hate relationship with this game but I have never had anything agains anyone nor do I let anyone make me angry since I haven't seen anyone in real life I chose to belive that every person has more than the good/bad side they are showing when beeing "anonymus" online :) Anyway Have a lovely evening/day
    • Like x 9
  15. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Ty
  16. Lowest New Player

When will the suspended players be able to play again? Assuming it isn't permanent
    • Like x 1
  17. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

This seems appropriate, reasonable, just, and responsive. Well done, sir.
    • Like x 2
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It says it in the post. January 20th.
  19. Lowest New Player

Thanks i didn't notice the little letters
    • Like x 1
  20. BarrouJR New Player

Great! Now go after the speed hackers.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.