Friday Night Legends: Episode 70!

Discussion in 'Friday Night Legends' started by Mepps, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Next week on Friday Night Legends:
    • Hosts: Mepps and ?
    • League Spotlight: The Omnipotents
    • Show Format: PvE Challenge

When: December 5, 2014 - 4:00PM PDT - 5:00PM PDT
    Server: US PC
    Follow us on Twitter @DCUO and @Spytle, and use our hashtag #DCUO_FNL!

Friday Night Legends is DCUO's weekly community-focused livestream hosted by the Developers behind the game. Join us this Friday and every Friday on Twitch for live look-ins across the game worlds to see real players in action. You’ll also get behind-the-scenes information, the latest news and Developer commentary, spotlights on Leagues and other player-run organizations, ringside views of the best PvP battles, and so much more.

Coming up on future episodes of Friday Night Legends (subject to change):
    • 11/28/14: OFF
    • 12/05/14: PvE Challenge
    • 12/12/14: Let's Play
    • 12/19/14: US PC Legends Tournament
    • Like x 3
  2. Anima Committed Player

Super excited... and nervous!
    • Like x 2
  3. fRuiTy New Player

Awwww yaaaaaa.... I'm so ready for this!
    Thanks for the opportunity to participate in FNL >8)
    • Like x 4
  4. zombi rock New Player

yardım mee
    Benim account çalındı
  5. zombi rock New Player

6. Marine Death Committed Player

Good luck! I will definitely be watching this episode.

I hope you guys crush it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kyzax New Player

Best Wishes!
    • Like x 1
  8. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

Thanks, I hope we do well tonight =)
    • Like x 3
  9. chim92 Active Player

uh... I cant log in to play the game. is anyone else having this kind of problem? I tried to uninstall then reinstall the game, and that didn't work. I'm real confused. :(
  10. Veritech Loyal Player

Good luck omni crew.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 2
  12. kav Committed Player

Was fun participating, quite the challenge :)
    • Like x 2
  13. TheStudent New Player

I really enjoyed this episode!
    Also, I prefer my PB&Js with creamy peanut butter, white sliced bread, and strawberry preserves. :eek:
  14. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

So it's come to my attention through feedback in game tells and chat channels, and through the comments in the twitch channel that people really had no real concept of just how hard the NPCs were during this PVE challenge by just watching. Also the fact that the event didnt actually turn out how they had planned it was not made very clear during the stream.

The plan was, there are 3 mobs, Smouldering Wrath, Demonic Overseer, and Keeper of the Dead that were supposed to spawn at "Match" difficulty and the other 5 mobs were supposed to spawn at "Minion" difficulty, doing much less damage, with much lower hp, and being able to be controlled. For comparison the lex luthors or the batmen from the nexus challenge are "Match" mobs which is a boss type. What actually happened was all 8 mobs spawned as match difficulty, making it so that we could not control any of them, in addition one of the three named mobs summons a pair of adds, which also spawned at match difficulty, resulting in TEN match mobs instead of 3 match mobs and 5 minions. So think of that as the equivalent of fighting all 5 batmen AND all 5 luthors at the same time.

There was also confusion in the channel about what 'level 105' actually meant. Level 105 spawned mobs of CR120, or the equivalent of round 10 of the latest Trigon's Prison survival mode. Anyone who made it to round 10 of the survival mode knows just how hard those npcs were hitting. There are plenty of groups who wiped on the 3 trash mob waves of Minion level mobs just trying to get to trigon at CR120. Now think of instead of fighting 3 waves of 3 trash mobs, fighting all 3 waves at the same time, with 3 of them NPCs with special abilities that one shot the raid, and all of them tougher than the round 10 waves because they were matches and not minions.

The level of damage coming in to the tanks was unreal. "level 105" of this PVE challenge makes round 10 with trigon in survival mode look easy.

All this talk still doenst quite get it across, so here is a video from our tank's perspective, if you want to start just before level 105 (CR120) at the point where Avyl opens his scorecard, fast forward to 36:40 and then watch level 105 and watch the numbers flying above Avyl's head as he's tanking it and then tell us how 'easy' it looked =)

• Like x 4