Frame Stuttering and Audio Breaking

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Zer0TheHer0, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Zer0TheHer0 New Player

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
  2. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

PC?

Please include computer specifications.
    Do check background processes.
  3. Zer0TheHer0 New Player

Intel Core i7 6700k quad core processor, Gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb of DDR4 ram, Cpu and Memory usage are normal, Most Cpu got to was around 45%.
  4. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

so it's not a rig issue and definitely not network lag,
    my only assumption is there's background processing during those stuttering, I was hoping you alt-tabbed during the stuttering and looked at the background processes.
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

1. There is a filter active on the video if I am not mistaken. Did you activate any night-filter in Windows 10?
    2. Do you use only the NVIDIA driver? For older games, the NVIDIA Inspector helps to configure it to run it stable. DCUO profits from setting a FPS limit.
    3. when the audio stutters, it is probably related to the FPS problem, but if it continues after the issue with too high FPS is solved, deactivate unused sound devices in your windows settings.
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Background information: The barebone NVIDIA driver tend to run DCUO with hundreds of FPS (e.g. 300) - the engine can't support that for long, which leads to low frame rates shortly after. Such high frame rates have no advantage at all in DCUO.
  7. Zer0TheHer0 New Player

Well even with Vsync on and having my fps locked at 30, the issue still occurs. Also, no filter was applied to the video. I only have the Nivida driver that automatically updates with the GeForce application. I didn't even to know there was an inspector tool I could download.
  8. Zer0TheHer0 New Player

I will alt-tab next time I get on, when it occurs again. Anything specific I should look for?
  9. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

just sort either CPU/RAM usage from highest to lowest, it'll be either higher or lower than DCUO.
  10. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

If you are on Windows 10, also make sure that the in-built recording function and overlay is disabled. Last time I checked, it is by default set to be enabled.