Fos2 elite nerf

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Willythewizard, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Willythewizard New Player

Why are you nerfing this raid…. The majority of groups are speed running this in twenty to thirty minutes now it’s going to be like a reg raid, if anything you should have buffed all the bosses up until last boss. I don’t know why you are nerfing this it isn’t even hard please keep elite content hard, if people can’t beat it go run reg raid. I’m tired of this nerfing elite content when it is already easy to beat. Make more raids like cte that are somewhat of a challenge or fgse type raids ty bye.
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Could be that they're seeing a large failure rate or lack of replays used. Or results of the recent feedback link. I only took one attempt at it so far so can't say anything else
    • Like x 2
  3. niehlsbohr Active Player

cmon it's a game. All easy in this game with a group fully geared and the magic word "practice". Practice, practice practice, that's all it takes like everything in life. If it gets really hard, people just run multiple tanks that do round robin pickups like SM.
    If you want to be the best of the best then compete in real world that's the real competition lies.
  4. niehlsbohr Active Player

I'm still waiting 8 man Survival mode up to level 60 where from level 15 boss do 1 massive damage Almost dead 1shot to the players. on level 25 all 1shot and you can only revive1 time like elite. This I will watch on YouTube and see the team the can finish that SM. Now I call it HARD otherwise mediocre everyone can finish garbage level of difficulty given time and practice.
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I hadnt seen this…..
    They are nerf’n FOS2e????
    ~face palm~
    What are they doing to it and why? It must be lack of replay useage/purchase
  6. August Moon Well-Known Player

1st and second boss are and will always be easy last boss however just randomly one shots people through block without any warning
    the only literal way anyone can beat it is by having 1 tank , 1 troll and everyone else dps and force your way through the phases . it doesnt exactly make content harder when you can just speed run your burn , ontop of that damage needs to be on point . so that mean mental might st , gadgets might st , fire might st , and precision all eog sharing are the only ones with burn enough o get through that . everyone else is pretty much SOL. If you dont have a carefully picked team with those powers youre not getting in. we all got our "pre nerf completion" cards fam , just let them equalize it and not gate keep it
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The nerfs are for both versions, and normal was absolute hell.
    • Like x 1
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Specific issue in normal?
    I blind Q’d it both times now for giggles once i was locked and it was really a breeze till final boss.
    Explaining to nee places what movement mode is and how to turn it off should net a reward in itself but other than that was a breeze both times.
    Small sample size i know but 1/2 each time were under CR and had not the slightest what to do, what we were talking about, no artifacts fast rank 40 etc
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Final boss only. Everything else was fine. The orange projectiles were nearly invisible and he kept hitting non tanks with beam attacks.
    • Like x 1
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Were u able to figure out ho had movement mode on so the group could beat the boss?
    • Like x 1
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Nope. People never listen to me. :(
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I wonder how much of it is language barrier sometimes. Especially on the EU side. I was in a group yesterday on my tank alt that wiped once and was clearly due to movement mode. Typed in no movement mode and all listened. But did that prior and one just either refused or didn't understand. I'd like to think didn't understand.
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

A lot of languages floating around on EU. Really wish I’d paid more attention to French in school sometimes. :D But it’s another complication I have to deal with.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

How do you know the majority of groups are speed running it???

The Devs have the numbers of how many people play or complete the content.

Odds are if they are nerfing it.... no.... not a majority of people are speed running it.
    Odds are not a lot of people are completing it if they decided to nerf it.
  15. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Okay I suggest you look at from a bigger window: FOS2 elite was not "hard" nor unbeatable. When you actually look at the system that came with save the universe, these elite alert/raids supposed to be challenging but not filled with braindead mechanics, one shots or joykillers.

And then there are feats attached to them which are farming them over over over over ....... and OVER again. Both regular and elite versions. Add this to the equation.

For most part, I know people who against the nerfs like this are the same people who does not give a damn about grind feats like we have in this DLC and their journey ends once their renown/ elite gear etc completed. Then they just start doing speed runs, dps comps once in awhile.

This DLC shouldnt be considered as traditional one which devs clarified since the beginning. So dont expect them being as hard as the raids we had before.
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Another reason may be the fact that it's only going to be up another 2 weeks and as said above, the counter feats are pretty steep. They may have recieved (I'm sure they did) a lot of complaints about the anniversary elite being too hard for something that was only up for a short period also. That 3rd boss setup was rough. Took us 6 hours to get the no death feat in there. Was a great time tho
    • Like x 1
  17. jolaksi Well-Known Player

I see what you mean. Its 100% casually beatable but main issue was last boss' tentacle slams and projectile bomb was not hitting how it supposed to hit for a regular version. They were a bit much.
  18. El El Committed Player

I think the problem with this raid is communication and mechanics. Was
    Alot of people dont seem to understand the mechanics or are not willing to listen to instructions.

I see new people standing in tentacles ect..
    Even if you say avoid them some people still stand in them
    • Like x 1
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That has always been an issue.

Even wayyyyy back when.... playing that mission with a PUG group was a nightmare.
    Communication and following instructions never was the DCUO players' strongest attribute.

And now we are back to that nightmare. :oops:
    • Like x 2
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

100% casually beatable??

No.... no it's not.

Heck we did beat it.... after many wipes and 20 people came and left the mission on the last fight.

Yes... we did beat it in the end.... but the 20 people who left the mission did not.