Forums Miscrediting Threads

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Brit, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Brit Loyal Player

I discover now in the General Gameplay Topics threads that I am credited with starting a thread that I did not start. I opened this thread and discovered that the first post is in fact by me, but is clearly a reply to a previous poster who has since had his post removed. When that post was removed, everybody was shuffled up the line and me, as the 2nd poster, is now credited with starting the thread.

I do not want credited with starting that thread. I have been told that some players do actually listen to what I have to say. Being made to appear as though I am the creator of a redundant thread that is already being discussed in multiple other places, and then having my initial posting make little sense because it is a reply to a post that no longer exists, makes me look a bit daft.

If the original poster must have the original post removed from a thread, either by their own request or as result of violating forum rules, I would like to see either
    A) The entire thread is locked and removed.
    B) The original posting remains, but is edited by a moderator to read "Removed by Mod-Soandso" as was common practice on the previous forums.

The crediting of threads to community members who did not create them is misleading and can cause confusion to the readers.

Thank you.
    • Like x 2