Forums less active nowadays?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Oct 10, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Naw, the new one is Cross Play. <3
  2. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

[IMG]

If you were around 2011-2013, the new updates had to be refreshed constantly. If away for a day or two, the new UNREAD stuff would bleed into page 2 or 3 for General Gameplay and Powerset. Back then, Proxy had a tombraider toon in his signature before Ron Swanson.
  3. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Easy test. On the main forum page. Sort by most replies or most views. You see them all being ones from 2013/2014 or 2016. This is even before some of the older ones gotten archived.

It moves much slower now.
  4. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

For me, there are several causes for this!

The first one is (I think) related to various choices made on the game, not consented by the players, the artifact system disgusted many players who were still holding on DC, not to mention, the unfair loot box for game balance (SP) that disgusted more than one.

There is also this effect of non-return on the game forums where we let players talk, talk, talk to each other and rarely involvement from a development team or people in charge of that, in order to answer or simply discuss on x subject, so after a while, when you feel like a feeling of ignorance and no communication, it is quite understandable that players abandon the forums, on this point, you should not only blame the players!

However in principle the definition of a forum is a place of "exchange" which is generally forgotten by the studios, an announcement is very pretty, but that's not all!
  5. BƖack Dedicated Player

@DEVs

I will change a bit the main topic but...

The Battle of the Legends (PVP) is a completely dead forum section as well as the PVP in DCUO and the PVP population.

I wonder why this section still exists tbh? There is barrely anyone looking up there nor posting the threads.

DEVs if you don't want fix PVP just simply remove it from DCUO like BumblingB said in one of his replies below.

[IMG]

Do it, Remove it and the Battle of the Legends (PVP) forum section as well and make this game PVE only based.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Eh for me I joined the forums not too long ago of a game I've been playing for several years but I've found that ninety percent of the people who post here are super toxic and all they want to do is pile insults on players who have legit concerns about the game so a few weeks ago I stopped posting regularly. Then you guys question why no one is very active here? Heck you wonder why Mepps and the Devs don't seem to reply as much given how most posters are also pretty rude to them too? Anyways I'm done with people's rude reactions here cause if I had to ignore the rude ones everyone's threads would be invisible lol. I know this forum doesn't represent the greater DCUO community so I won't let it bother me but that pretty much sums this topic up. Majority of DCUO players aren't here. And with the frosty reception here, who can blame them?
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

There is also the fact that a "free to play" game, is not the best solution to get a nice community ;).

Of course, I'm not going to put all the players in the same boat, but a free to play game is often synonymous with a toxic community ...
    If there really is the idea of a DCUO 2, (as I often hear in the leagues I'm playing in), I really hope it will be based on today's games and especially the right formulas! :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

Congratulations!;)
    Ewe r a finalist in this years
    Yo' Mama Award
    :rolleyes:

• Like x 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I wouldn't mind it, partly because I don't PvP (and wouldn't miss it) and also partly because it'd mean I wouldn't have to see all the ridiculous drama that erupts when someone has the nerve, no the gall to dare use something like a Soder during a duel (even though, you know, the devs allow it to begin with). :rolleyes:

But others do like it and want to see it stay and (hopefully) improve, and the outcry against such a move would be pretty loud even with the less-than-ideal state PvP is in. Even if they're in a minority among the playerbase-at-large, they shouldn't have their fun removed like that.
    • Like x 1
  10. BƖack Dedicated Player

The problem is that PVP isn't fun, it is extremely broken, all good pvp players left this game, what's left now is just these toxic pvp kids and exposers it just can't be any worse. I highly doubt it would be loud after if they would remove pvp.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Never underestimate the volume of an outcry coming from an aggrieved playerbase. There's still folks running around ticked off and holding a grudge about the NGE changes in Star Wars Galaxies, and that happened WELL over ten years ago.
  12. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I didn't know Frank Zappa invented the Your Mother meme? Lol
    • Like x 1
  13. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

14. BumblingB I got better.

I was under the impression that NGE was game wide, not just a portion of it. I didn't play, so I don't know, but I don't think removing PvP is on the same level as NGE. Considering the PvP player base has decreased way more than when they introduced NGE.
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You're still talking about removing a significant aspect of a live game, though. While not on the same scale as the NGE it's still a nasty little "pull the rug out from under folks" kind of move and if there's anything the NGE taught SOE/Daybreak (and probably the rest of the MMO industry) it's that you DON'T do that to your customers.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Is it pulling the rug out though? If it's mostly not played by players, is it pulling the rug out? I just did research on NGE and it would be no where near the same level. Not even remotely. TBH, NGE would be the same if they removed roles, where there is just damage, changed combat, and brought back something like cr differential. Which would pull the rug out from players.

As it is, PvP does get played, but not game wide. If the majority of players are doing just PvE, then removing wouldn't affect them.

But yeah, NGE was crazy and we had a mini NGE with CR Differential. With NGE, it wasn't just the massive everything change, but everything was broken too. Now I know the extreme.

I feel that the combat system in DCUO is what makes it unique. So there wouldn't be a mass exodus as you so fear.
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd be more inclined to agree if we didn't have the steady appearance of threads asking about PvP and getting it back up and running well. Even if the majority of the player base isn't participating there is still a contingent that IS playing and are still being vocal about that part of the game.

It's not a mass exodus that I want to avoid, nor do I think that would really happen if PvP was removed. It's a completely preventable outcry from a part of the community that's pretty vocal to begin with that I can live without.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Vocal minority. The issue with trying to appease them is it tends to cause the silent majority to come out or leave. We've seen that in several updates. OC is still loved by so many people on the forums, but it also caused a massive amount of players to leave. It's level of difficulty was a direct response to forum players.

And for the PvP threads, same people cycle through them and post in them. Both pro and against.
  19. Lvl 30 New Player

Ofcourse it is less active, only fool won't notice the difference.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Says the fool that rez'd a 20 month old post.
    [IMG]

Now I know it's not as active as once, but I'd guess there have been other posts in the last 20 months. Yeah...I'm pretty sure of it.
    • Like x 4