Forum Writers’ Guild

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by velvetsanity, Dec 15, 2017.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh, you were looking for something in-game, thought you were just looking for her Soul-Self for the story :oops:
  2. velvetsanity Loyal Player

No, no it’s definitely for the story. The in-game part was essentially me thinking out loud LOL
  3. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    I do remember that armor mentioned, and I do like the idea! There's a couple of things that are making me want to stash Nomad away to his home planet. The first is my discovery of 2 new DC races.

Forerunners
    [IMG]
    and Havanians (Bleez)
    [IMG]
    I was gonna make a new main based on one of these races but I like your idea and will make an alt instead and going forward with your atomic nomad idea. :)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

oh yeah. 2nd reason is I feel a bit handcuffed storywise by all the alts surrounding Nomad in particular Medussa. I'll get through it though!
    • Like x 2
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

If anyone wants to use any of the characters in my story for anything, I’m willing to provide info regarding the particular character (but you have to keep quiet about any info I share in case it winds up being a spoiler ;))
    • Like x 2
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Ok, so I pretty much have the rewrite ready for editing/proofreading. When I split it at logical points, it looks like just what I already posted is actually four chapters, not one. So it’s actually chapter five that I’m trying to decide what to do with.

Dialogue has been reworked, a few things were cut, and a pile was added (including a few plot points that didn’t make it into the original version) some of which required some pretty heavy rewriting at a couple of points to account for the added material. I can’t wait to see your reactions. I’ll be creating a comments thread alongside the story thread so I can keep the story thread clean, once I shuttle it off to our intrepid editor and start getting edited copy back :)

It even has a title now!
    • Like x 1
  7. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Velvet,
    I would like to take up your offer to use some of your characters, in particular, Tanja. You see, I'm going to introduce the Teen Titans pretty soon within my story which will include Raven, so I figured Tanja is a must. Can you shoot me a message giving me a overall rundown on her so it can be perfect. To give you an idea, I guess info sort of like...
    [IMG]
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

ok, prologue and first four chapters have been sent to the editor :)
  10. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

I feel like I haven't been around in a while, work has been very demanding lately [both of them], haven't been playing the actual game much. Been drawing alot of new pages and posting stuff to my Instagram page. I am working [scribbling ideas] for a new story. I am trying to make it more of a team story, where everyone plays in working towards a common goal. The idea I m working on centers around the idea of Hodges going to see Maggie at te diner to find it empty but not ranscacked, using his abilties to uncovers a hidden message from Vehgana that she has taken Mags to the underside of the veil.

Hodges goes back to enlist the help of the rest of the crew. Ann cautiously agrees and Bern goes simply because he wants to look after Ann [he is still upset a little with Hodges for taking her over to the other side of the veil to begin with] and Syd is the last to sign on because of feelings she loosely has for Hodges, given their history. The idea of her going to help save another woman who holds his heart isn't the easiest for her, but she eventually agrees and the 4 go into the dark part of the veil.

In the story each will have the abilty to showcase their talents and abilities, ideally culminating in a climactic battle where they will need to work together and Mags get a crash course in the world she is now a part of.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Reminds me of how New Teen Titans started out back in the 80s. I like it :)
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Haven't really had the motivation to do much the last week or so, will check the inbox as soon as can, butt no guarantees :(
  13. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Can you PM me a screenshot of Syd's current look? Whenever you have time. Thx.
    • Like x 1
  14. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Hey Velvet. I need a screenshot of your most current Tanya look. Also, I need to know the character's current whereabouts. Does she venture out to Gotham? Any affiliations? Thinking of doing a Tanya cameo appearance in an upcoming story. Thx much.
    • Like x 2
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    I have been busy with loads and loads of work which has taken a lot of my time but every now and then, in my free time, I would write drafts and notes of future parts for Mina Lyubov's story. And like I said before, I would listen to music to help inspire me and set the tone for certain scenes. And so far, I am excited and am currently working on the next chapter.

Here are 2 examples of songs that particular helped to set certain scenes for Part 2 Descent into the Maelstrom

• Like x 2
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Check your inbox. :p
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Speaking of inboxes, still haven't checked yet :(
  18. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I’m about to skip waiting for proofreading and just go forward with posting the prologue and first chapter...

It’s been two and a half weeks. :p
  19. velvetsanity Loyal Player

So, I’ve posted chapter 2...more of the changes in the rewrite can be seen

Chapter 4 has the biggest changes :)
  20. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Wheee! Finally gotten started on writing chapter 5 :p

Yeah, it took a while to figure out what I wanted to do, and then longer to find time to actually start writing. I keep getting ideas that won’t come into the story for quite some time yet :p